PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 06:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |May 14| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert111a View Post
Thanks for posting this. I just flashed to the May14 Dinkglass and even after I applied your fix I had to change the CDMA server to mm.myboostmobile.com . maybe they changed something recently. The error I got was HTTP GET server error when I attempted to send a message. after i changed the server I have no problems at all. Thanks.
You listed my post of how to get an Energy ROM to work with Boost MMS... if you had to set something to point to that hostname, then you did not install the registry fix as that handles updating the required entries. To verify, I asked all of my current TP2 Boost users to send me a MMS and I sent them one. All of them were able to send+receive just fine as of this post. All of them used the exact settings in my registry fix with no modifications.

If you believe that you did correctly install the registry fix, then I do not know what to tell you other than post exactly where you had to do this so others know where else to double check to see if they actually installed the registry fixes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000 View Post
Just wanna say I was having this problem too, until I flashed a few April 15th Co0kie 2.0 ROMs. I tried it out just to see. Dunno why that one was different, but it was... I thought the problem was fixed somehow. Guess not...
But I can't speak on the current ROMs because I have been FREED from Co0kie and Sense and LOVIN' IT! lol
The quicklink randomly moving issue is not just isolated to Energy ROMs. Other chefs baking CHT2 in have had users post about this same issue, but that always depends on how people used quicklinks. So those of us that run in to this particular issue are/were a narrow band.

I saw you went the route of IPT or some other UI like teradog. Nice work. I've been playing with IPT on a test device since last year. It's not bad given the simple nature of what it does. I was in the process of writing a mortscript to allow one to quickly select/remove items from their start menu to the IPT settings.xml file. I use to hand edit the XML file as their add/remove/move programs interface just made me cringe using it. If you are interested in helping me test it out, just PM some time.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
May 15 ROMs are up for those of you (like me) who had been wondering if you would ever flash again.
For those of you looking for CHT185 baked ROMs... seems NRGZ has uploaded it to most of the other devices (Leo,RhodGSM,etc) for May 14/15/16.. Still have not seen it for our RHODCDMA. Dunno if he still has uploads going or not, so give it another day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariano3113 View Post
My experience - Send contacts as MMS and not as SMS (Sprint aka CDMA - killed sending vCards through SMS %^% GSM will send through both SMS & MMS)
This has been my experience with Sprint. Sending via SMS (TMobile) on a HD2 worked fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariano3113 View Post
Aww, it isn't just me with the Random Quicklink replacements with CHT2.0......causes me to reload settings just about once or twice a day, but it basically is just restarting Sense. (Quicklink saved settings in CHTsettings shortcut saved to start menu is a huge help it getting those back in proper order (My Order))
You must be one patient person to have to constantly reload CHT2 settings on a regular basis due to the quicklinks random moving issue. I posted a mortscript long ago I wrote that automates the reload just for this express purpose and issue. Pop to the wiki to see the link to my post. I originally used it in my XDA_UC as the CHTEditor2000 was busted importing settings files with home pages > 3 (my wiki post mentions this and is documented in the XDA CHTE2 thread).

Right now CHT2 is dead to me, as have given up hope of having CHT2 and CHTE2 corrected for these behaviors. Apparently the CHT team is working on possible v3, so any further updates to v2 is likely toast. I just use CHT185 and IPT (on occasion).
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon

chunnel is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have a Verizon TP2. I was running Mighty ROM and decided to try Energy Rom. So, I followed the instructions that I found and ran Task29 first. However, it appears to have bricked my phone. The phone boots up and says Touch Pro2 and that's it, nothing ever happens after that. I've tried a hard reset several times but nothing changes. I'm at a loss at this point to recover the phone.

[UPDATE] I flashed the rom from the nbh file. Working now.

Last edited by chunnel; 05-18-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:13 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
I have a Verizon TP2. I was running Mighty ROM and decided to try Energy Rom. So, I followed the instructions that I found and ran Task29 first. However, it appears to have bricked my phone. The phone boots up and says Touch Pro2 and that's it, nothing ever happens after that. I've tried a hard reset several times but nothing changes. I'm at a loss at this point to recover the phone.

[UPDATE] I flashed the rom from the nbh file. Working now.
Back in the day when I went back and forth between the two ROMs, this used to happen to me. I know this sounds strange, but taking the memory card out of the phone and letting it sit at the touch pro2 screen always ended up working for me after a couple of minutes.

Good luck.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

PuckMercury is keeping up the good workPuckMercury is keeping up the good work

task29 blanks your phone for lack of a better word. The Touch Pro 2 splash screen is the sum total of what it flashes. When the Task29 flash is at 100%, hold volume down until the phone reboots and you see the phone boot up into the boot loader (screen with red, blue etc colored bars). Given the fact that you've missed that window, remove the battery to turn it off and re-insert it. While holding the volume key down, press the end (power) key to turn it on. Keep the volume down button held until you see the boot loader. Once you're in the boot loader, flash Energy or Mighty or whichever ROM flavor suits you. After flashing that, it is recommended that you go to settings->system->wipe (clear storage).

Hope this helps and I'm not missing the issue you're experiencing.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:59 PM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post

You must be one patient person to have to constantly reload CHT2 settings on a regular basis due to the quicklinks random moving issue. I posted a mortscript long ago I wrote that automates the reload just for this express purpose and issue. Pop to the wiki to see the link to my post. I originally used it in my XDA_UC as the CHTEditor2000 was busted importing settings files with home pages > 3 (my wiki post mentions this and is documented in the XDA CHTE2 thread).

Right now CHT2 is dead to me, as have given up hope of having CHT2 and CHTE2 corrected for these behaviors. Apparently the CHT team is working on possible v3, so any further updates to v2 is likely toast. I just use CHT185 and IPT (on occasion).
Patient I guess - reloading the already present settings- only restarts Sense and does not soft-reset my phone. And I am use to restarting Sense because when the phone sleeps/idle-mode with the keyboard out - it sticks Sense on the front and all programs launched appear to not be running until I restart Sense then I can use see the programs that I recently launched running like they should.

A couple quirks, but it helps to clear some RAM in the process and is faster than doing a Soft-Reset.

Struggle!! - Maybe I am compromising too much
Old 05-19-2011, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ripplelet is a n00b

haven't flashed for a while, time for a refreshment, thanks again,
Old 05-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

regarding CHT2. I also gave up on that a long time ago. Random link changes, Lockups. Cht185. I am still on tax day rom. And I am afraid to leave. Does DRM work on new versions?
Old 05-19-2011, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900

chunnel is just getting started
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace10134 View Post
If you're on Verizon, then could you please try installing the MMS Fix(Verizon Version)? I need someone to confirm if it works, since I don't own a CDMA version of the TP2. Thankss.
This is an old post, but I just installed the Energy Flavor yesterday for the first time, I had been running Mighty ROM. Everytime however, that I select the text messaging tab in Sense, the entire Sense resets itself. So I found this post and installed the MMS Fix listed. But I can't finish the setup, because I can't enter into messaging without Sense resetting itself. Nor do I know that this would fix this very strange issue.

[UPDATE: It is happening with email as well. I can see that I'm receiving emails, because it shows an increasing number of unread messages, but I cann't view them, because Sense resets itself.

Last edited by chunnel; 05-19-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

chunnel,

Sounds like a bad flash as mine is working perfectly.

Try a Task29 and reflash.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development