PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Apr 26| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
Gee, That's so strange... Microsoft with a very confused migration path. I seriously think they are their own worst enemy
Yes...i agree...
They are really bad speaking of market strategy...confused and without a clear vision of factors that determine a success or a fiasco...

With WP7 they copied Apple strategy...but Apple has success for a lot of factors that nobody in M$ considered...
Android grow up and easily surclassed WM6.5 on its own ground...with M$ that could not decide what to do...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:19 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro View Post
Probably there will be new WM builds until this summer (if we are lucky autumn or more): Looks like also that 290xx branch is labelled as WEH.
Reference 1
Reference 2
I know I pushed hard for 29xxx!! Seemed like Monfro & I were about the only ones for a while!
#31041 , #30742, #30558, #29687 "all 29xxx are belong to 653WEH"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydude View Post
Hey tera!!!!
how did you manage to get 150mb free ram?
do share thanks krazy
ck ur pm
if anyone else wants info let me know
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
I was going to flash the new flash, but with the new variable of uTask, I think I am going to wait a bit, and see what the populace does..... Plus I am unsure of this new build...
Hey kyderr.. couldn't stay @ 999, flipped upside down it's 666 :>)) thanks

Don't wait, utask is just a background util nrg sets the windows/start hard key up to point to his alternative startmenus (panel, compact, etc..) with, as powinmo detailed out. If you don't use an alternative startmenu via SMLS (settings, start menu layout switch) it won't affect you. Strongly recommend you do.. the RAM saving is awesome & you'll not run out of memory on Opera any longer...
If so, you simply have to assign the windows/start hard key to windows\start.exe first! (the "fix" in red prior page) easy...

SWLARAUT: DRM, thanks will have to look back.. nope didn't go "dark"
In fact, I spent almost 2 hours @ Sprint repair center while they confirmed what I told them about the GPS on my TP2.. played with the
Echo, EVO, Epic, EVO shift & Arrive (wm7) for 2 hours straight...!

MY SPRINT PHONE EVAL (browser / screen)
Primary thing I noticed, (my opinion) the Arrive had the most responsive, least jumpy/ smooth, easy to browse screen on websites. I always use ppcgeeks to test with, as it's a tad heavy, adds, need to zoom to select different pages, good overall test of maneuvering around, edit, etc.. by far the cleanest.

Still hate the wm7 menu, but was surprised by how fast, & how the font made the web pages display very easy to read... I was sick when I heard it had such a small screen, but it's truly amazing how they've used some tricks to make the web pages so easy to use & browse & read... it's almost like they know what specific text to zoom in just a little better. Of course the EVO screen being big gave a better perspective, but I felt it was jumpy & very unresponsive.

The Epic was probably #2 in line... very nice browsing, not as smooth tho.. Had a blast with the Echo, very cool, however felt the need to really had to push hard & the screens (yes 2 of them) were very unresponsive & almost impossible to move around & zoom (perhaps tweaking may improve it)

Wizzard: to cut to the chase on all the voice command stuff... that patch is years old...! NRG's cab for it is way old!! Use the link I provided & choose from a whole list of them, all newer than those. My take? Why are we on this website? The latest & greatest right? And then to put on a 2009 voice command? lol... :>)) I'll bet they made a bunch of improvements right?...

Last edited by teradog; 04-28-2011 at 02:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:58 PM
sly
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP
Re: 150 MB of RAM using an Energy ROM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
150 MB of RAM! New record... using an Energy ROM!!!
Like to see someone beat this!
RAM-whore!!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:18 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Re: 150 MB of RAM using an Energy ROM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
RAM-whore!!
lol... i'll give it up tomorrow, let it fester for a day :>))
Old 04-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks Teradog:

I have used the 23568 build for a long time and never had a problem. For some reason in the 23rd ROM it would not load???

I tried the 23563 build and it worked, so I will use it for now.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS
Carrier: Verizon

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Start Menu Layout Switch temporary work around:

1. total commander, windows\utaskconfig, windows key, configure key tab, Execute, (set to) windows\start.exe, save
2. settings, startmenu switch, run the one you want, reboot

done, easy (*edit* corrected a misspell & added more detail)
doing this, switched start menu to panel, and wont let me switch, I select compact and reboot and panel is still being used..

EDIT: to use compact start menu put quick menu.exe in place of start.exe....

Last edited by shaolinsoldier79; 04-28-2011 at 04:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:36 PM
VIP Member - Retired

sorry, didn't test everyone.. go into windows dir with total commander, st_.mscr.. run each one, cancel until you get the one u want.. then try it. gotta go to baseball, will look @ later, but you'll see a line in the script if it doesn't work that it maps the ameba, windows=start.exe... if your's isn't start.exe, simply put what it is in the fix i described
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:32 PM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
doing this, switched start menu to panel, and wont let me switch, I select compact and reboot and panel is still being used..

EDIT: to use compact start menu put quick menu.exe in place of start.exe....
Exact same Problem with Panel mode, but I used: "windows\_QuickMenu.lnk"

For some reason I have always preferred using shortcut links although I believe there is no performance difference.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

yung18 is just getting started

Anyone else using the wm messaging notice lag when opening texts? for some reason under both apr 26 titanium and cookie 2.0 the messaging app is very buggy. With a dynamic pp and set ppl of 20. Kinda weird.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Start Menu replacement scripts for Ameba or uTask

What: Start Menu replacement scripts

Purpose: modify NRGZ28's original start menu replacement scripts to provide updated functionality

Features:

a. supports Energy ROMs with either Ameba or uTask for WinSoftKey + X management. Will auto detect which manager is installed and provide the proper configuration settings

b. can auto detect if the script is run in manual UI mode, which shows UI prompts and will reboot at end of script

c. can auto detect if the script is run via XDA_UC or S4X, which will auto install without UI prompts and will not reboot at the end of the script to allow for automation completion. It is up to the end user to reboot to complete the start menu update.

Basically drop either script in to your UDA_UC or S4X install as-is.

d. can be called with another mortscript and if you pass the parameter "Mode,SILENT", will operate exactly as it would under XDAUC/S4X.

Scripts:
stc_startmenu_compact.mscr = Compact menu (quickmenu.exe)
stcp_startmenu_panel.mscr = Panel menu (start.exe)
(the other start menu scripts can be updated if there is a demand for them, these two are the ones my users or I use)

Versions:
1.1 = see my original post
1.2 = added Ameba + uTask support, XDA_UC/S4X automation

Enjoy! Feedback/bugs/etc welcome...
(NRGZ is more than welcome to bake these scripts )
Attached Files
File Type: mscr stc_startmenu_compact.mscr (5.1 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: mscr stcp_startmenu_panel.mscr (5.0 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development