PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 w/Energy Dec 13 29XXX * Sense 2019
Carrier: Verizon

madkoopa is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Apr 26| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Using the latest 29020 Energy Standard.

I also noticed Sense started without doing the XDA_UC thing too. I just manually started it.

Has anyone been having trouble with the Microsoft Marketplace not working? It starts, but it won't connect. For the last few updates its been not connecting.

Otherwise its as awesome as usual. And I'm glad to see the music album art was fixed.

...One last thing....The Music Tab doesn't seem to shuffle very well.... every other MP3 player I've had shuffled music as expected. HTC shuffle command seems to not be entirely random...but rather by a set of rules (ex, 5,7,8,10,70,...) that doesn't seem to change. And when you go away from the tab...and come back later, the shuffle icon is still highlighted, but the music is now going in Alphabetical order. Does that make sense to anybody? Can it be changed to something a little more expected of a shuffle button?
Old 04-27-2011, 03:00 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Hmm didn't even think about that when I made the ROM. Guess I'll have to look into that now! lol :P Thanks!
400 different ROMs in many different languages, can't imagine how you missed it! :>))

Don't know how you keep getting me fired up about this old TP2! thanks

Thanks powinmo, conference calling is a must for me, especially on a phone billed as a conf phone with multiple mics & speakers!

29020 TITANIUM IS UP!! (HTC bloat free, Cookie bloat free, rename startup dir & 142 MB RAM!!) (pp 3)
DL & flashing Titanium now!! THANKS NRG...

Any newbies wonder why Titanium?! I hate the menu & turn off Titanium home/today screen 1st thing! Use a menu replacement (easy, spb, ipt, mmapplauncher, etc..) & it's super fast & light, tons of memory & you really get to see zero page page pool in action, was using last time, impressed how fast... then realized that I had forgot to load wimospeed!!

*edit* update: using tp2 to DL was bouncing over 300KB, avg 300... took a tad over 7 min entire ROM!

Last edited by teradog; 04-27-2011 at 03:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Apr 23| 21916|29019 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariano3113 View Post
Are you using CHT for thr Lockscreen?

If so this is how I can replicate your issue - Open just about any program that supports Landscape,(Opera is a Good one to replicate the issue) slide out keyboard then let screen sleep. When you close the keyboard and turn-on the screen (wake) you will unlock and then if you try to launch a program it changes the upper right title name but remains on the Sense Tabs. Viewing Tasks via Compact Start Menu you can see that the programs are running. Pressing Task Manager or Arkswitch yield the same result of program launched but not visible.
I used to, but now I don't use any lockscreen or just the default one. And it doesn't relate to landscape or keyboard, as I've had it happen on fresh boots when I don't even slide out the keyboard.

I've also used the restart sense toggle button like you do to work around it.

Maybe I should ditch CHT...
Old 04-27-2011, 03:24 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

*gasp*
NO... SAY IT ISN"T SO... death of winmo 6.x.x?? 29021 final build???
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: New version of Leo dialer

I finally had a chance to review Monfro's v3 Leo dialer. I've installed it to a test Sprint TP2 unit using:
Energy.RHODCDMA.29020.Sense2.5.Apr.26.7z - clean flash and no settings/app restore via XDA_UC. I manually added contact info/pix.

PROS:
1. contact pictures work
2. works with the BT hangup solution (Sprint MR1 BT stack + Sprint MR1 dialer package baked in to the ROM)

CONCERNS:
1. GetMSL no longer works once this mod is installed. The "xMSL" diagnostic codes are no longer produced as this dialer seems to prohibit certain extended CDMA modes.

2. EPST access requires you to install the carrier provisioning cab (stock dialer works out of the box without requiring the prov cab for Sprint users)

3. Adds Conference Call buttons/icons - which are nice and fancy. But it DOES NOT allow 3-way conference calling if it was already broken in the ROM. eg, the Sprint MR1 solution somehow broke 3-way/conference mode calling for *SPRINT CDMA* users. So no 3rd party dialer solution can fix that right now.

4. Landscape support has issues. If you make a call, it returns you to portrait mode regardless if the keyboard is deployed and WinMo already has things in landscape mode. And no, you should NOT need to mess with the gsensor settings to get this to work right.

There are probably registry entries to change to fix this, but I'm not inclined to figure that out when there are other items that need to be addressed.

*edit* the lack of proper landscape support is a limitation of the Leo dialer itself. There are other mods available that apparently attempt to address this.

I am providing this information so there is no confusion as the various comments posted about how this dialer adds conference call ability, does it break the BT hangup solution, etc.

I do applaud Monfro's effort in maintaining this mod for those that choose to use it... assuming it fits their needs.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...

Last edited by powinmo; 04-30-2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: conf call stuff for sprint users - landscape support limitation
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariano3113 View Post
Monfro’s LEO Dialer v3 added the Conference Call Mode without breaking the Bluetooth Fix for me, were you able to give it a try. (Kill Cprog.exe install .cab and reset phone.)
If my memory serves me right, you are using your Sprint TP2 with a SIM on a GSM network and not Sprint itself right?

I posted my results above about the Leo dialer and conference call mode. Conference calls are busted for Sprint CDMA users, maybe it works fine for Verizon users and those using a Sprint unit on a GSM network. That is something adding conference call buttons/icons in a dialer mod (eg, Leo v3) itself does not fix. Teradog and a few other users have mentioned/confirmed that 3-way/conf calling stopped working with the Sprint MR1 stuff from April.8 as well.

I have a Sprint TP2 Feb.27 using the stock dialer in the 28244 series with no conference call icons... using strictly the Flash mode I am able to access 3-way/conf calling just fine. This series was the pre-Sprint MR1 updates for BT+dialer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Hmm didn't even think about that when I made the ROM. Guess I'll have to look into that now! lol :P Thanks!
Appreciate you looking in to the Ameba/uTask changes. uTask is definitely an improvement. I say keep it, but just change anything (scripts, etc) you previously referenced Ameba in.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:54 PM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
If my memory serves me right, you are using your Sprint TP2 with a SIM on a GSM network and not Sprint itself right?

I posted my results above about the Leo dialer and conference call mode. Conference calls are busted for Sprint CDMA users, maybe it works fine for Verizon users and those using a Sprint unit on a GSM network. That is something adding conference call buttons/icons in a dialer mod (eg, Leo v3) itself does not fix. Teradog and a few other users have mentioned/confirmed that 3-way/conf calling stopped working with the Sprint MR1 stuff from April.8 as well.

I have a Sprint TP2 Feb.27 using the stock dialer in the 28244 series with no conference call icons... using strictly the Flash mode I am able to access 3-way/conf calling just fine. This series was the pre-Sprint MR1 updates for BT+dialer.

Appreciate you looking in to the Ameba/uTask changes. uTask is definitely an improvement. I say keep it, but just change anything (scripts, etc) you previously referenced Ameba in.
You are correct. I was using it on At&t, when I tried Conference mode on Sprint it connects the next call while still only showing the original Caller ID of the first call and continuing the timer from when the first call was started, but I can not get audio.

*Edit tried calling my other lines, so I could answer on all 4 lines. (Starting the calls on the TP2. I first called the EVo Shift, then Arrive and Lastly the EVO) It will connect to my EVo Shift line and remain connected but with no audio when I initiate the second call to the Arrive. On TP2 I can hear the second Call to the Arrive, but cannot reconnect to the Evo Shift, but the call still says connected on the EVO Shift. When I make the third call to the EVO from the TP2 it calls the number but once again I get no audio from the two other calls that appear to still be connected when viewing on the respective device. (EVO Shift says it is connected, but no audio -timer remains active, as does the timer and no audio on the Arrive)

Confused as to why the calls are remaining connected but are all mute + If I did not pre-select to invite callers in 'Conference Mode' I cannot dial the number as the dial-pad option only allows to end call and not dial. Seems as though part of the sequence to integrate the calls is just missing via CDMA.

*EDIT - UPDATE & Progress*
I tried 3-way calling via Flash button on the new April 26th 29020 Sencity and I can connect three way calling. Dialed 1st number pressed talk and let it connect, then press talk and dial 2nd number press talk and then press Flash and 3-way Conference call is working as it should be. (But I did do a Task 29, Flashed to Sprint MR1 - to test 3-way calling on Sprint -using same sequence- then flashed then flashed the new Energy April 26th 29020 Sencity Build)

The only reason I know Conference Mode was working is on the 1st number dialed/2nd caller (my brother) he could hear the call connecting, ringing and then being picked up by the third caller (my cousin). We were all able to communicate as 3-way should work.

This was all done only on Sprint with no GSM card inserted - just CDMA only.

If I install the Leo v3 dialer it breaks the conference calling to where it drops the first call and audio can not be heard.

*EDIT* Found a bug using the LEO Dialer and have Conference Mode - after you install the LEO Dialer V3
For some Reason the first Conference Call will fail where the 2nd caller will be connected but with no audio as you dial and connect to the third caller. The issue of the no audio was corrected by hitting the green icon on the third caller again, making it change to a grey before going back to green. (As when it is green from the first press it goes into one on one mode and then when it turns grey it goes back into conference mode which is why I was getting no audio on the 2nd caller) But I am getting Conference Calling to work on Sprint with the Leo v3 dialer. But only as 3-way Calling. Trying to do 4 callers cancels the third most recent caller. Also the Conference Mode dialer only moves the first number dialed above into the Con Call Participants, while the 3rd caller remains under Invite Participants even though they are included in the on-going conversation.

Last edited by mariano3113; 04-28-2011 at 04:11 AM. Reason: COnference calling fix
Old 04-27-2011, 11:01 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Start Menu Layout Switch temporary work around:

1. total commander, windows\utaskconfig, windows key, configure key tab, Execute, (set to) windows\start.exe, save
2. settings, startmenu switch, run the one you want, reboot

done, easy (*edit* corrected a misspell & added more detail)

Last edited by teradog; 04-28-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

OK, so were having some very bad storms here and the power is out...and my roof is leaking and one of my cars was totaled by tennisball sized hail but...

I HAD to get on the internet for school so I fired up my trusty tp2 equipped with NRG ROM and wifi router and I go to connect and what do I see? not one but TWO NRG ROM hotspots!! Thinking it was just a fluke, I turned mine back off and the other was still there. Weak signal but what I want to know is who else here is in Knoxville TN?!! Somebody elso that lives on my street is using NRG ROM too! Well, I guess it could be another device besides the TP2.

Now, back to the far corner of my basement... more bad weather coming.

David
Old 04-27-2011, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
OK, so were having some very bad storms here and the power is out...and my roof is leaking and one of my cars was totaled by tennisball sized hail but...

I HAD to get on the internet for school so I fired up my trusty tp2 equipped with NRG ROM and wifi router and I go to connect and what do I see? not one but TWO NRG ROM hotspots!! Thinking it was just a fluke, I turned mine back off and the other was still there. Weak signal but what I want to know is who else here is in Knoxville TN?!! Somebody elso that lives on my street is using NRG ROM too! Well, I guess it could be another device besides the TP2.

Now, back to the far corner of my basement... more bad weather coming.

David
Stay Safe. Lots of action going on out there.

I hope I was not the only one, but I was quite confused with this talk of uTask. So I found a post over at XDA that was helpful.
[APP][23-Mar-11] uTask v1.4 - softkeys enhancement for WM6.5.3 - xda-developers

uTask v1.4
Author: ultrashot
Compatibility: only Windows Mobile 6.5.3. Any resolution is supported, but I haven't checked this program on any resolution except WVGA.

Functions:
1) Reassignment of virtual keys such as "Windows" and "X"
Supported actions:

•Standard action
•Launch *.exe
•Minimize current program
•Close current program
•Show start menu

2) Task Manager icon on "Today" screen.
You can assign any task manager to this button. Later I will make my own interface.

3) Position Fix for old windows.
Attention! Some applications can work in unexpected way with positionfix enabled. They should be added into exceptions list!
Exception list supports masks. For example, if you enter "SPBWEATHER*", all window classes starting with "SPBWEATHER" will be excluded.
Also there is a confurator inside.

The most evident difference from any existing programs is IMMEDIATE reaction to new windows. No timers and unneeded calculations at all. uTask is very battery-friendly because of that.

Available translations: russian, english, german, french, italian (thanks to translators!)
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development