PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 02:54 PM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Apr 23| 21916|29019 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
So.. how HQ video playback and HQ youtube playback in the recent ROMs ? Anybody test that out ?
Playback is Crystal clear - only annoyance is the media volume was very nicely integrated on the March 29th month - White on the side out of the way in both Youtube and Win Medi Player.

Now the volume bar is back to a randomly placed blue progressing bar.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:55 PM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican2302 View Post
Excuse my ignorance but in the tittle it says "Sense 2021 + flavors"

What exactly are the "flavors" ?
Sencity

GTX

DinikGlass

MAXSense

Etc...
Old 04-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

NRGY:

I cannot believe you'd say that about your children. Each is special in their own unique way...

I am planning on tossing them. I have a special folder where I keep my favorites. But right now, the tax day ROM is on my phone, but I just downloaded the new ROM. When I have time, I will flash. Got a real busy week. Bluetooth is the best now!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariano3113 View Post
Playback is Crystal clear - only annoyance is the media volume was very nicely integrated on the March 29th month - White on the side out of the way in both Youtube and Win Medi Player.

Now the volume bar is back to a randomly placed blue progressing bar.
I have noticed the volume control during playback is messed up again. But I am on build 29017
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariano3113 View Post
Sencity

GTX

DinikGlass

MAXSense

Etc...
Oh well duh lol.

I just thought it was something new.

Thanx anyway.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:55 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I can fix the volume control easily to be "bar on the side". But I thought that was old school and the center graphic was prettier, although it doesnt look good in videos and youtube. Seems to work on music screens though.... :/

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola XPRT, HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

theman5511 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hey, I'm pretty noobish when it comes to ROMs and I just dropped NRG's April 23rd Energy ROM onto my TP2. My problem is that I'm getting the 1k limit warning in MMS even after I provision to Sprint and it runs the cab. Do I need to install the arcsoft cab also. Because everything I've read says I shouldn't have to after provisionsing.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
I am considering deleting a bunch of old ROMs I have from Energy. I have a host where I can put them. Here is the list. I will not post them all, but if someone is looking for one, PM me and I will send you a link. I will not host the current ROMs as the Chef keeps track of his current downloads.
Glad you are making the offer to the community for these archived ROMs. Maybe track/keep the last series for each major branch version? eg, for 28244, I deleted all of them except Feb.27.2011 when it switched back over to the 290xx branch for March.30.2011. As another example I kept Dec.11.2010 releases for the last set of the 231xx branch.

Quote:
So.. how HQ video playback and HQ youtube playback in the recent ROMs ? Anybody test that out ?
Looks good to me, no stuttering so far in the testing I've done on yt HD playback.

Quote:
I can fix the volume control easily to be "bar on the side". But I thought that was old school and the center graphic was prettier, although it doesnt look good in videos and youtube. Seems to work on music screens though.... :/
I think the main reason I liked it on the side before is that the placement was typically consistent. When the centered control gets blit'd to the screen, half of the time it is displayed elsewhere depending on the playback. I'm not partial to either so I'm OK on the side or "centered"...

@NRGZ, pls let me know when you have a moment to work on another RHODCDMA tweaks and I can PM you current issues compiled since the April.8/13 ROMs from myself and other users... as always we appreciate any time you do spend in this community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman5511 View Post
Hey, I'm pretty noobish when it comes to ROMs and I just dropped NRG's April 23rd Energy ROM onto my TP2. My problem is that I'm getting the 1k limit warning in MMS even after I provision to Sprint and it runs the cab. Do I need to install the arcsoft cab also. Because everything I've read says I shouldn't have to after provisionsing.
Never a noobish question and is fairly legit thing to ask seeing how you did make the effort to research/read around first before posting...

I noted this as an issue with the April.19 ROMs as well. The built in Sprint provisioning cab does not address the Arcsoft UI attachment limitation. NGRZ updated that built-in limit some time ago to 5mb per requests here, but it seems like it somehow reverted back to the 1mb limit a month or so ago.

I'll update the wiki to be a little more clear about where the limits/issues exist as I can see where the confusion would come from. There is a link in the wiki for a modified "energy_sprint_mms.cab" I updated that includes the registry entries to bump the Arcsoft UI MMS cap to 5mb as a replacement to the stock sprint provisioning. Search the wiki and/or paperclip to find it.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
Did anyone have any problem installing MS Voice Command?

This is the first time I have had any trouble. It starts to install and then quits.

Also, I got a message box telling me that Bluetooth had expired???

This is on the 23rd Touch of Glass 29019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezmar View Post
I too have problems with MS Voice with this release and the 15th, going back to March 30th
I installed MSVC (build 1.6.28008 ) to:
1. Energy.RHODCDMA.29019.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Apr.23.7 z
2. Energy.RHODCDMA.29019.Sense2.5.Apr.23.7z (+CHT185 post flash)

No errors on installing. I can access MSVC via hard key and control it through: (a) onboard mic and (b) BT headset via in band A2DP (tested with a BlueAnt Q2)
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmatthewsatiug View Post
24+ hours and all is good. BTW, the April 8 29XXX also worked for weeks.

I'm not sure if this makes a difference (or would have with the April 8 ROM), but my local library has both DRM MP3s and WMA options. The WMA doesn't work, the MP3 does.

Best of luck!
Thanks. My library has both, but most are WMAs. I had 2 WMA books checked out and neither would work. I will have to try with MP3s. I have gotten a WMA work around though. I am at work now and will update on that later. Thanks again for the info.

Update: Great Scott, your right, MP3 works fine. Unfortunately I looked in my "wish list" and of the 20 titles there only 2 were MP3, lol.

Last edited by swlaraut; 04-26-2011 at 01:32 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development