PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 02:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 30| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
But mwalt's inquiry is a fairly legit question, with potential real life consequences for those of us in the USA that have access to 911 in the event one really needs it...
Yeah, it doesn't seem to be very well recognized that using a GSM dialer will means there a good chance your phone won't dial 911. It was a problem with the Diamond/TP because there were no CDMA VGA phone canvas's that would interface with Sense. Using a GSM phone canvas usually results in 1) data arrows always active 2) messes up 911 (tries to dial a contact, not actual 911) and 3) ## codes don't usually work. I'm curious how a TMOUS HD2 dialer would work as it would have to be made for 911 to work. I think the main reason GSM dialers do not work is because most are from non-US branded ROMs that do not need 911.

You can read more about it in nsffan's thread's faq. It says he 'fixed it' but doesn't give any info on what changes need to be made.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Nfsfan's wm6.5 Rom Faq (Now Open For Business!)

Last edited by mwalt2; 04-08-2011 at 02:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 30| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

For some reason my signal bar icon reads no signal when in face I really do have signal. Misleading but just cosmetic. I left my platonics Voyager pro home so I wont get to test the Apr 8th cookie 2.0 till I get home. But I did set a 0 page pool and I must say that this shit is snappy. Thanks for all the hard work.

edit..

had low signal where i was....

Last edited by eazy2001x; 04-09-2011 at 10:12 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ScottSNX is keeping up the good workScottSNX is keeping up the good work

Hope this isn't too far off the scope of this ROM thread, but the only other issue I've had with the NRG ROMS is the light-colored font seems hard to read and the spacing/padding in between menu items makes it kind of difficult to get a happy medium between useability and function.

So after poking around I found a way to make the settings better for me, an aging guy who's starting to need reading glasses.

Got the info from mostly this post over on XDA and this one and made a cab file to fix it that I load into my XDA UC directory after a fresh flash.

It really only changes 4 settings in the HKLM>System>GWE>Menu> registry setting. I changed the "height" to 900 and the font "weight" to 700 in both the BarFnt and PopFnt keys.

Now I can finally see the Select Messages menu option from the SMS and email apps!

Edit:
After tweaking it around a bit, I went with 950 font size (ht) on the menu bar and a slightly higher size of 1100 on the popup.

Also included the cab file for changing the padding (the space above and below menu items). Those settings are in HKCU>Software>Microsoft>Today>Menu>
Changed MenuSelectorThemeImageBottomPadding and MenuSelectorThemeImageTopPaddingvalues to 3.

I've attached the cabs and reg files so you can play around with them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg menupadding.jpg (55.7 KB, 61 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip MenuFontPaddingSettings.zip (3.3 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ScottSNX; 04-10-2011 at 04:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ScottSNX is keeping up the good workScottSNX is keeping up the good work

The only problem with the dialer I've had is that it seems like when I get a call when the phone is in "sleep" mode, when I slide the slider to answer it just gets stuck and doesn't answer the call. I've tried answering it with the hardware key, and same thing. Is there a fix for this? Is it related to the GSM/CDMA dialer thing?
Old 04-08-2011, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

rxb216 is just getting started

when looking at HTC calendar with "week" view, my appt color seems to be blended into the background, just barely visable. Anyway to change this? I looked through this thread but did not find.

Using a Mar30 build..

thanks for the wonderful ROM so far...

Last edited by rxb216; 04-08-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSNX View Post
The only problem with the dialer I've had is that it seems like when I get a call when the phone is in "sleep" mode, when I slide the slider to answer it just gets stuck and doesn't answer the call. I've tried answering it with the hardware key, and same thing. Is there a fix for this? Is it related to the GSM/CDMA dialer thing?
You did not mention which ROM you are using...

If you are using any of the March.2011 ROMs, those have the Leo GSM dialer baked in. It may/not be related. I've seen other users post other odd slide-to-answer issues with these series of ROMs.

The test April.8.2011 ROM from NRGZ posts the other day has the Sprint MR1 BT and CDMA dialer baked in for testing out the BT hangup and various dialer issues. Try that one out if your time permits and see if it addresses items like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxb216 View Post
when looking at HTC calendar with "week" view, my appt color seems to be blended into the background, just barely visable. Anyway to change this? I looked through this thread but did not find.

Using a Mar30 build..
Interesting. I've rarely use that week view. I tried it on the Feb.27.2011 ROMs and seems to have the same issue. Did it display properly on a prior ROM you had, if so what date/version was it on? We can use that info to help narrow down what may have changed.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Wiki updates made, many courtesy of teradog and initial approvals by him for some of my items...

1. we are now including changelogs in the wiki, un/official. We will put in the exact changelog if available. However, attempts will be made to also include more detailed change information and unofficial items included as best we can.

Hopefully this will cut down on posts asking for changelog changelog changelog.

2. CHT185 mini how to. I know there are still a few folks preferring CHT 1.8.5 like me.

3. Dialer items, eg not being able to get the MSL on the Leo dialer.

4. EPST updates

5. Ring Tones via BT issue (BTAG)

6. other items, see revision history if you so desire

(older items)

- snooze options
- xda_uc info
- etc etc

Teradog also did a lot of clean up last month, so many thanks to him.

If you have any suggestions for items to be updated/included/etc in the wiki, please do not hesitate to ask...
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
For some reason my signal bar icon reads no signal when in face I really do have signal. Misleading but just cosmetic. I left my platonics Voyager pro home so I wont get to test the Apr 8th cookie 2.0 till I get home. But I did set a 0 page pool and I must say that this shit is snappy. Thanks for all the hard work.
update, signal was just low where i was.. but for some reason seems lower than usual with the new rom.. dunno....
Old 04-09-2011, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

blunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSNX View Post
Below has been a workable fix for those who were having problems with answering calls:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000
I read somewhere that this problem has something to do with changes the Advanced Configuration program makes. It seemed to happen to me when I set the data connection to disconnect after x minutes of inactivity. I created a registry edit [attached, see direct post] that works for me... it runs automatically from my XDA_UC folder. If you use Advanced Configuration, make sure to run this file afterwards. I found this fix to also help with MS My Phone connection issues I was having.
Note: Did not work on 01.Feb 28244 Standard ROM for some reason :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentz919
Go into registry editor>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Comm>ConnMgr>Planner>Settings Now under the list look for the Name: SuspendResume and if it says anything other than #777 then change it to #777. Fixes the slider and answering phone... I have to do it all the time after i re-flash.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:14 PM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: TAKE2 review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
lol, ok.

So, do more recent stock GSM phone canvas's (ie from HD2) work fine to dial 911 on CDMA phones or do you change some settings to make it work? Your post is cute, but I'd also like to learn something. It isn't something that's easy to test out...
Yes, the GSM dialers dial 911 just fine and they put the phone in emergency mode which kills DATA and you have to exit emergency mode after the call to resume data capability.

Here in AZ almost everytime it rains I end up calling 911 because some ignorant driver put themself in quite a predicament...
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development