PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 10| 21908|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Kiowa directed you to the most information about battery life. Thanks to him for that.

First, your battery will always drain fast after a fresh flash. I give mine a couple days before I decide if it is a good or bad ROM as far as battery use.

Second, Battery life depends on the reception and data connection that you use. If data is on all the time, the battery drains much faster and if you are in a poor or marginal coverage area your battery will drain faster.

Third, I always set my screen brightness to 60% rather than using the auto adjust which constantly increases and decreases the screen brightness. Not only do I find that annoying but I think it uses more battery power than just picking 60%.

Fourth, Weather updates and email push use a lot of data connection so I set them to check for weather updates every 6 hours and email every three hours.

Finally, - and some disagree with me on this - but the phone has circuitry that "learns" the battery charge/discharge rate and that gets reset whenever you flash a new ROM. It can take several days of discharging and recharging before it relearns the patterns of battery use on your phone. With my phone, I notice that after about a week of regular use, my battery levels tend to stabilize. I had run the same NRG ROM since January and I was getting just over two days of full use. I just flashed the last ROM (3/21) and I get one day at best...But, I know that will improve. It usually always does.

How you charge your phone also factors in as well. I will usually let mine drain down to about 25 or 30% before putting it on the charger. I also use a second battery in case I can't hook up to the charger in time. It helps to have a spare. And, as NRG mentioned, if your battery is old, it will lose its ability to charge over time and the amount of use you get from it will decline rapidly.

Also, this sounds somewhat counterintuitive but overclocking actually helps increase battery life. At least in my experience with it. I have been overclocking my phone to 748mHz and not only does it run quite well but it seems that whenever I overclock, my battery lasts longer. YMMV.

Hope that helps. But as Kiowa pointed out - and provided a link to - the WIKI has lots of very useful information.

David
Great job as usual Dave, I was being a little lazy and didn't want to get into the details so figured I would point him in the right direction, but you just had to one up me huh lol, hope things are well with the family and school!
Old 03-31-2011, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

healthylaff is a n00b
Re: Tethering Problem - UNABLE to SYNC to PC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Try this:

Delete the partnership in WDMC on your computer.

On your phone, click on start > settings > connections > "USB to PC" and uncheck both "Enable faster data synchronization" and "ask me first about usb connection...".

See if that helps.

David
Thanks, David. I already did both of those... no soap.

When I go to device manager, I see my TP2 listed under "Portable Devices" but it has the yellow warning triangle associated with it. When I check the properties, it states:

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

Anyone?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work
Re:Rom Changes

Does anyone have a list of changes in the latest ROMs?

I did read that the latest 30 Mar fixes BT problems...

I realize NRGZ28 is busy, but his change history is 3 ROMs behind...

Anyone? Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

Old 03-31-2011, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W
Carrier: TIM Brasil

DuChene is a n00b
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 10| 21908|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Your battery is... not new anymore ?
!??...
It is not possible...
I am using 4 days ago your rom, before that was the original of Verizon, and this didn't consume a lot of energy, in standby 6 days, and when I played Diablo, 1 hour of game it only consumed 15%.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:11 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 15| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro View Post
I have just dumped Verizon MR2 and MR3 rom...and these packages have the same number as Sprint’s...so they are the same...

Maybe there is a reg edit for it...or (if i understand correct) the image of the dialpad is different.

Anyway here you have the links to Verizon dialers:

MR2 CDMA dialer

MR3 CDMA dialer
Now that is exciting information to share, thank you ... and here is the reg:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\PHONE]
"XXLKeyPad"=dword:00000001
You'd obviously want to use the button images from the VZW package, because I presume they are bigger to match with the reg setting.

Best regards,
-boggsie
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:14 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Re: Rom Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegimus View Post
Does anyone have a list of changes in the latest ROMs?

1. better
  2. stronger
  3. faster

Best regards,
-boggsie
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Tethering Problem - UNABLE to SYNC to PC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylaff View Post
Thanks, David. I already did both of those... no soap.

When I go to device manager, I see my TP2 listed under "Portable Devices" but it has the yellow warning triangle associated with it. When I check the properties, it states:

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

Anyone?
While you have TP2 connected, go back to device manager>portable devices... uninstall TP2. Also, if you re-installed WMDC, uninstall it again, then restart computer and try again.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work
Re: Rom Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post

1. better
  2. stronger
  3. faster

Best regards,
-boggsie
Thanks, but I was hoping for a more serious answer.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuChene View Post
!??...
It is not possible...
I am using 4 days ago your rom, before that was the original of Verizon, and this didn't consume a lot of energy, in standby 6 days, and when I played Diablo, 1 hour of game it only consumed 15%.
OK, that is part of the answer then. A "stock" ROM uses much less battery than a custom ROM.

A custom ROM uses more battery becaus it has much more "eye candy" than a stock ROM does; meaning that the custom ROM's tend to have more visual effects. Things such as the animated weather graphics, Cookie Home Tab, etc will use more power.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Merge
Carrier: US Cellular

spacious is keeping up the good workspacious is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 30| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukEboX View Post
You guys been having a problem with the Twitter panel? Mine has just started throwing this error: "The account was forbidden to access the twitter server!" I am using DLINK from March 8th I believe. You guys have any ideas or fixed for this as of yet?
Mine did that on Sunday I think. I posted about it and no one responded. The 3/29 ROM fixed it for me. I would assume the latest one would work.

[Edit] Yes! I'm finally a Noob! It took like a year!

Last edited by spacious; 03-31-2011 at 11:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development