PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS
Carrier: Verizon

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Dialer with contact pictures shown

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
3. (minor annoyance) When the keyboard is slid out, and you are in forced landscape mode in the dialer, try looking at call history or contacts. Go back to the dialer (BACK softkey). The canvas repaints in portrait mode. That I mentioned before. Now look at the keypad deploy soft button in the middle where the SIP icon usually goes. It gets placed off center now.
confirmed here as well... though, I never use dialer in landscape..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 15| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
*EDIT* (2nd edit)
Does anyone know if there was an Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Sense2.5.Feb.27.7z ROM released (this is the Standard 'Energy' ROM, with NO CHT2000 or 3rd party theme baked in)? If so and you have it, please PM me.
I've got it. I'll upload it in a few minutes... send PM for link
Old 03-26-2011, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

treadwayj is keeping up the good worktreadwayj is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 15| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

under the category of very minor, I am on Energy.RHODCDMA.29017.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.sencity. Mar.21 and I noticed that the Incognito ringtone is missing. Could someone be so kind and post it so that I don't have to reflash to an older version copy it out then flash back?
Old 03-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W
Carrier: TIM Brasil

DuChene is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch Pro2 CDMA (Rhodium) device.

This ROM will NOT work for GSM devices! (Tmobile, AT&T, and the rest of the world pretty much). It only works on CDMA devices, mostly released in the US (Sprint, Verizon, Altel, etc...).

I do make a GSM version and that can be found here!

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs about twice a week, as new builds come down the pipe or as new software/updates are available.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.
  • Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
  • Speed !!!
  • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
  • Stability through private beta testing before public release

I pre-configure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, expect the backlight to be set at the maximum brightness, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization). Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

Looking at the download folder you will find two core versions of my ROM.

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy
  • A 29017 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

It's definitely the fastest way to get in touch with me and please don't be afraid to tweet me if you see major issues with the ROMs.
I generally do not answer "support" questions on Twitter, as it's really not the proper medium for that. Service packs and quick fixes will always be released as links in my tweets and that's definitely the fastest way to get a fix for a ROM.

To follow me on twitter, click here!

Any of this versions works with Rhodium (Rhod500) Verizon?

Mine is hibrid CDMA/GSM, and I use GSM card in Brazil, but I was used CDMA in USA.

I will unlock security with woldphone unlock (2.23.00.wu.exe), any problem with this?

Downloaded this one: Energy.RHODCDMA.29017.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Mar.21.7 z

Last edited by DuChene; 03-26-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mytmouse is a n00b

Thanks for the catch Shaolin!! It does say 1x, not 1g... guess my eyes were playing tricks on me! So will it always say 1x or is that due to the area I am in?

Thanks again,
MYT
Old 03-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Lurker

camtah is keeping up the good workcamtah is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytmouse View Post
Thanks for the catch Shaolin!! It does say 1x, not 1g... guess my eyes were playing tricks on me! So will it always say 1x or is that due to the area I am in?

Thanks again,
MYT
It is how 3G CDMA works. It cannot do data and voice at the same time. 3G is data only. It will always go to 1x for voice. 4G LTE on the other hand is purely data (voice included)..
Old 03-26-2011, 09:17 PM
N00b

ScottSNX is keeping up the good workScottSNX is keeping up the good work

One other thing I noticed was that the Arkswitch doesn't load automatically at startup. Obviously very easy fix, just wanted to point that out (yes I already copied shortcut to my startup folder).

Anybody know anything about the Block/Letter Recognizer of Transcriber working? Went on NRGz website from the phone and found the files, installed, rebooted, but can't see they got installed. Anybody know of a specific NRG rom these worked on?

I'm using the Mar21 Sense 2.5 CHT 2.0 basic rom.

Thanks
Old 03-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mytmouse is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by camtah View Post
It is how 3G CDMA works. It cannot do data and voice at the same time. 3G is data only. It will always go to 1x for voice. 4G LTE on the other hand is purely data (voice included)..
Thanks Camtah! I appreciate the info!

MYT
Old 03-27-2011, 12:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadwayj View Post
under the category of very minor, I am on Energy.RHODCDMA.29017.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.sencity. Mar.21 and I noticed that the Incognito ringtone is missing. Could someone be so kind and post it so that I don't have to reflash to an older version copy it out then flash back?
here it is..
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Incognito.7z (1.07 MB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSNX View Post
I can confirm this same problem. I recently had my Sprint TP2 replaced via warranty claim and tried to get the MSL but it wouldn't work with the newer roms, the plain Sense 2.5's with CHT 2.0 dated Mar 8, 12, 15. I ended up flashing back to Vin's Neodium ROM to get the MSL and then back to NRG.

Just tried it with the new Mar 21 Sense 2.5 without Cookie 2.0 baked in (was trying to see if CHT 1.8.5 improved things, it didn't) and the log file gets generated, but the MSL is not in there.
Thank you for testing and the confirmations. Glad to know I was not totally off base. I will likely need to update the wiki to indicate issues with getting the MSL with these recent Energy ROMs.

At this point I think the side effects of the Leo dialer mod are just too much for me at this point. Not sure, but I'm curious to see what NRGZ would lean towards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
confirmed here as well... though, I never use dialer in landscape..
Thank you for checking on this. It's minor, but nonetheless something that Monfro may be able to tweak/fix for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
I've got it. I'll upload it in a few minutes... send PM for link
Thanks/ed. Appreciate you taking the time to provide it for me!
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development