PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

newmant is keeping up the good worknewmant is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: Sprint HTC TP2 on Boost Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000 View Post
It will work, according to masetas. Check out this post.
When I was running Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.Dec.27
I completed the instruction from masetas and it did allow me to send mmx, both pix and sound, and I just assumed everything was working.

I'm now running Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Feb.01
and I didn't have to install the cab. because I was able to change the setting without it, and I can still send mms, both pix and sound, but I never tried to receive a mms until two days ago and I could not see/open the image, so it looks like were not 100% yet. I have updated the Radio VZW.2.37.Radio which seemed to make it run a little better updated PRI/PRL. I have since tried to run masetas and this Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 cab. and they would not install, my guess is because NRGZ has one burned in or they won't work with this ver. ROM. I told masetas that his info did work so I will send him a message informing him of my recent findings and see what he thinks. If anyone else is able to run Energy ROMS on Boost with total mms functions please let us know.

Since this is my first post, one other question.
what are the major differences between 21916 and the 28244, because I feel I can do allot of customization on the 21916 ver. already, is it just in the way its laid out or is it a little more in-depth then that?

Ninja Duck - is the Feb 27 Rom still performing strong for you - your on 28244? can you give it a stability rating from 1% - 100%.

Just want to say thanks to everyone in this forum, you've been a huge help in teaching me to get a phone set up the way I always dreamed it should be.

and a special thanks to NRGZ for all the hard work you've put into this rom. can't wait to try and start cooking one day .

Last edited by newmant; 03-02-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMFan85 View Post
Also, it says Ev in the taskbar, does that mean it is not 3G? I know the MR3 update is 3G. Is there anyway I can tell?

Any ideas?
You are in 3G, don't worry, EVDO Rev A is the 3G for CDMA phone systems (Sprint and Verizon)
Old 03-03-2011, 02:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mardibob is a n00b
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 28| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quick thought, I am just wondering what other touch pro 2 owners think.

The Touch Pro 2 is a slow, outdated phone, but I'm too broke to buy a new one at the time, or I am waiting for dual core phones so that my next upgrade will actually be long lasting...

meaning I upgraded to the touch pro 2 too early and soon regretted not waiting for the 1gz snapdragon phone selections???

Don't flame just wondering if anyone has similar thoughts/regrets or if maybe I'm being to pessimistic.

FYI, this isn't a comment of the ROM, but the phone's hardware itself. I love the Energy ROM! Its in my opinion the only thing that made the TP2 a serviceable phone.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:21 AM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 28| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardibob View Post

The Touch Pro 2 is a slow, outdated phone, but I'm too broke to buy a new one at the time, or I am waiting for dual core phones so that my next upgrade will actually be long lasting...

meaning I upgraded to the touch pro 2 too early and soon regretted not waiting for the 1gz snapdragon phone selections???

Don't flame just wondering if anyone has similar thoughts/regrets or if maybe I'm being to pessimistic.

FYI, this isn't a comment of the ROM, but the phone's hardware itself. I love the Energy ROM! Its in my opinion the only thing that made the TP2 a serviceable phone.
no worries bro---however, what are your intentions???? my father loves his flip phone, no internet connection, no sms. he doesn't use it. so when I come over showing my wifes new EVO----he lookes at and says "so the eff what??????? can it call a number???"
the point is, what do you want your phone to do???? teleportation----not happening. winning lottery numbers---look elsewhere. if you're looking for a fairly powerful phone, that can pull web sites in full flash, sms, mms, pull email, call and multi task----well---you have a great phone. No, it's not an EVO---or the next phone that comes out in 2 weeks, or the week after, or the week after. However, you do have the benefit of subscribing to a community of very talented individuals helping each other through problems. many, many people are working on bringing android to the TP2 (using it right now and its very very stable--on the verge of daily use) not only that. SPB has great add-ons that give the feel of android while using WM. this phone is not crap. test----be a part of the community, help when you can.

NRG has probably put more time and effort into tp and tp2 rom development than anyone. he is awsome. he did not build the tp or tp2---he is molding software to make it better. the man deserves all props on every comment he makes--because in some way, it helps you.

Last edited by ffkip911; 03-03-2011 at 03:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

No flames here. I was faced with much the same dilima. I finally just replaced my old tp2 with a new one.
My issue is I don't like android much and my phone is about 50% biz use so I like a winmo phone.
I think we are all caught between a rock and a hard place. Not fond of google and wm7 just isnt a thriller.
If wishers were fishes I would make all carriers handle the HD2, why that one wasnt the flagship of all the carriers I will never know.
So I sail with my tp2 and when it dies, i will cross that bridge.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotarou1 View Post
Comstar:
I can host about 4 GB's of the ROM's you have. If you pick some out and let me know. I will get you an FTP setup with my host so you can upload the files. I can do about 35 GB's of transfer before I will have to stop the downloads (I have a max of 50 GB's of transfer per month but I will have to monitor as I get over 35 GB's).

Let me know,
Thanks for the offer. I should have some time over the weekend to work on this. I have some ftp space too, I will check and see what my limits are. We could split them up between us if nothing else.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > HTC TP2 > Android
Carrier: T-Mobile

akeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sprint HTC TP2 on Boost Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmant View Post
...I'm now running Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Feb.01 and I didn't have to install the cab. because I was able to change the setting without it, and I can still send mms, both pix and sound, but I never tried to receive a mms until two days ago and I could not see/open the image, so it looks like were not 100% yet. I have updated the Radio VZW.2.37.Radio which seemed to make it run a little better updated PRI/PRL. I have since tried to run masetas and this Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 cab. and they would not install, my guess is because NRGZ has one burned in or they won't work with this ver...
Maybe the instructions for you are a little different because you have a Verizon phone, hence the VZWx Radio you flashed?
Old 03-03-2011, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

MacWilder is just getting started

I just installed the Energy ROM for the first time. I also installed a few other apps. Now, the icon for one of them, Sage Mobile for Act, keeps popping up right in the middle of my home page. (as an active link). Sometimes it goes away, sometimes it doesn't and I have to reboot, which usually clears it. Any idea of how to address this problem?
Old 03-03-2011, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

Yes the Touch Pro 2 maybe a few years old and not quite as quik as the phone coming out tomorrow on next week, or the day after that, but do you pay $35 a month for unlimited everything on 3g? I can do anything the iPhone can do, it may take a couple more seconds to get to it, but I'm saving almost $70 a month while doing it. Also I have the freedom to make my phone look and work the way I want it. For people on a budget who want the ability to pull up web sites in full flash, watch shows, play music, sms, mms, pull email, call and multi task, wifi, teather, use and create tons of apps. Then I say this is the phone for you, and Thanks to NRGZ incredible work! if you like tweaking your phone to see how far you can push it, its a great phone to use. But some people enjoy having the latest and greatest smartphone to come out no matter what the cost. Just my thoughts. Oh one more thing I got this phone for $60. and one more thing this phone does for me (sprint) its a world phone, I can use CDMA in the USA, or a sim card when I'm outside of the USA.

Last edited by newmant; 03-03-2011 at 01:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: Sprint HTC TP2 on Boost Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000 View Post
Maybe the instructions for you are a little different because you have a Verizon phone, hence the VZWx Radio you flashed?
No I'm Running a Sprint Touch Pro 2 on Boost.

Last edited by newmant; 03-03-2011 at 01:33 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development