PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GarrettSR5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

I have a Verizon TP2 and I'd like to know how to map the the Star button to the left of the space bar?
I had it set on my stock rom to <OK/Close> and it was a great feature ( I went from an XV6800 to my TP2 which had an OK button on the side)

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:44 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettSR5 View Post
I have a Verizon TP2 and I'd like to know how to map the the Star button to the left of the space bar?
I had it set on my stock rom to <OK/Close> and it was a great feature ( I went from an XV6800 to my TP2 which had an OK button on the side)

Thanks!
Best app made for this phone attached. Install - Reboot - Use control panel app to map keys to applications or built in functions.

If you search for a thread about sharing your keyboard config, there were some great ideas published in it for how to use the app.
Attached Files
File Type: cab RhodiumKbdControl_CDMA.CAB (430.3 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:47 PM
VIP Duck

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceoff101 View Post
I used pim backup, why would that cause a problem?
Not sure, but I know I had problems moving my contacts with the PIM.VOL file between ROMs.

I strongly recommend sticking with the ROM, but take these steps:
  • Task29
  • FlashRom
  • Use a replacement start menu - see control panel app
  • Use without installing any apps other than keyboard fix
    • Is your experience the same
  • Add contact back - test for a bit
  • Add apps back - test between
  • Let us know if you are still having problems.
Oh, and welcome to the thread...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: sprint

faceoff101 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Not sure, but I know I had problems moving my contacts with the PIM.VOL file between ROMs.

I strongly recommend sticking with the ROM, but take these steps:
  • Task29
  • FlashRom
  • Use a replacement start menu - see control panel app
  • Use without installing any apps other than keyboard fix
    • Is your experience the same
  • Add contact back - test for a bit
  • Add apps back - test between
  • Let us know if you are still having problems.
Oh, and welcome to the thread...

Sorry for sounding like a noob; what is task29, and where could I possibly find the keyboard-fix? If I have to add the contacts back manually I will do so. Energy rom is a beautiful concept just the lock up's, and missed calls get me anointed
Old 02-25-2011, 02:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Sorry for sounding like a noob; what is task29, and where could I possibly find the keyboard-fix? If I have to add the contacts back manually I will do so. Energy rom is a beautiful concept just the lock up's, and missed calls get me anointed
Task29 in a nutshell is like flashing w/out the ROM attached. Basically it wipes clean any residue that can transfer to your new flash. It runs through to the first screen, then you reenter bootloader mode and flash your ROM of choice. Post 6 has most everything you need to know.
Task 29 & PagePool Changer

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...19-a-2836.html (see post #28356)
  • Run the Task29 as you would when you flash a rom (Includes Radio)
  • For Page Pool Changer just dbl. click on it then select the location of your ,nbh file (thats the rom) then select the number and click change!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:24 AM
VIP Member

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community

BTW, I have used PIM Backup for contacts since the TP. I have been through countless flashes of my own ROMs and many other superior chefs here. I've personally never had one problem. Welcome to the madness. I'm currently not using Energy but there are a lot of great people here that know more current issues to help. Everyone started at the same place. You just have about 3000 more posts to search through. That's why these die hards worked so hard to put post 6 together.

Last edited by steveo70; 02-25-2011 at 02:35 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:29 AM
VIP Duck

Quote:
Todays noobs are tomorrow's experts. No need to say sorry. Do try and search and read the the thread a bit.

Task29 clears out your flash. Not sure I buy in to the value personally, but many swear by it. If nothing else, it is harmeless voodoo.

Read the WIKI here: CLICK ME
and Pre/Post ROM Flash

Many thanks to Teradog
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:33 AM
VIP Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Task29 in a nutshell is like flashing w/out the ROM attached. Basically it wipes clean any residue that can transfer to your new flash.

Should have hit refresh before posting. Tx.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:37 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Should have hit refresh before posting. Tx.
I LOVE voodoo! LOL and I should have refreshed while I was editing.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > HTC TP2 > Android
Carrier: T-Mobile

akeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Why Task29, flash stock ROM, wipe, &/or ##786#

Folks love flashing Task29 because it has proven over & over to fix issues that would not go away with Clear Storage or a hard reset. Other problems were further eliminated by flashing to stock rom. In his Pre/Post ROM Flash guide, teradog even mentions Factory Resetting (##786#) to eliminate an even deeper issue these methods would not resolve. The proof is in the fixing ;)

Last edited by akeaw3000; 03-02-2011 at 02:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development