PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 03:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > HTC TP2 > Android
Carrier: T-Mobile

akeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
the TP2 is a world phone but it's sim locked so that your not supposed to be able to use it on a GSM network within the U.S., but if you research you can purchase something that sim unlocks you so that you can use it on a GSM network within the U.S...
OK, I understand sim unlocking & all that. Specifically, I would like to cancel Sprint & activate service with T-Mobile. Is this possible? How would I provision for T-Mobile if I can't flash a GSM ROM? So, would I be able to use T-Mobile contract service with a CDMA ROM? What problems would I have?

Last edited by akeaw3000; 02-19-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:55 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000 View Post
OK, I understand sim unlocking & all that. Specifically, I would like to cancel Sprint & activate service with T-Mobile. Is this possible? How would I provision for T-Mobile if I can't flash a GSM ROM? So, would I be able to use T-Mobile contract service with a CDMA ROM? What problems would I have?
I'm going to be honest, I don't know how that works on whether you would run a CDMA ROM or a GSM ROM, but I'm sure that someone will chime in and tell us, I would think <this is just me thinking> that if the phone is a Sprint CDMA phone that you would have to run a CDMA ROM.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

PedroDaGr8 is keeping up the good workPedroDaGr8 is keeping up the good work

You would use the CDMA rom. The CDMA rom simply means it is designed for the CDMA version of this phone. The CDMA version has the CDMA modem along with GSM. IIRC GSM version ONLY has the GSM radio. This difference is at the hardware level and as such requires different roms for each version.

As for how to go about provisioning for T-Mobile, no clue to be honest. Never done it. I just do know you HAVE to use the CDMA version because the hardware in GSM is different.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro View Post
I agree:
28244 is snappier...but needs more battery than 29005/29007.

Anyway in 2-3 days DFT FTP will work again and builds 29009, 29011, 29014 will be available...so i think that NRGZ will prepare a new bunch of roms with these or other builds that weren't available since december, when DFT FTP went down.

Actually with 28244 Feb.12, when the radio is off... I've seen some of the best battery savings yet lol. IMHO I think most battery issues with this series of ROMs are likely due to the newer Sense build, not with 28244 directly.

Yeah I will be interesting to see if NGRZ switches back to the 290xx branch when DFT is back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
powinmo.. since discovering android wont even run based on startup content (post oc removal), ive taken out all of the above u list & dont run any, in fact need 2 take out more. soon as i solved one issue another popped up... dumped most of non-critical cab files.. including cookie... of course ive probably been chasing / wasting time on cookie issues longer than some.. many of us remember when it wasthe new hot thing.. just 2 much time spent 4 me.. /boot is the only one i can think of...
Hey teradog. I have a separate TP2 I solely run android on... so have not run in to the startup issues from the winmo side for it. That's it interesting to note and will keep it in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
You won't brick your phone flashing a GSM ROM unless it contains a radio. There's no lmfao holy crap...it just won't boot because of the wrong OEMXIPKernel (actually it just continually reboots itself).
I learned this the fun way the other month. I also help with some GSM units, and accidentally flashed one to a Sprint one night when I was half asleep. Which I try not to do anymore lol... Luckily, NRGZ has this posted on the XDA GSM in bold red in the first post:

"This ROM only works on GSM devices, flashing to a CDMA device will make it non-bootable (flash a stock, or CDMA specific ROM, to recover from that)."

So I knew I was fine. I'll ask teradog if we can add this (what happens when you flash GSM to a RHODCDMA model and your explanation of why) to the wiki We might also want to have NGRZ update his first post to include a similar warning too.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Wizard>Universal>Rhodium
Carrier: Qtel

cutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I just read this post & it got me to thinkin'...

Since my phone is a worldphone & is supposed to be usable on both CDMA & GSM networks, how do I go about using this phone with GSM?
YES, just by putting a GSM sim card.

Quote:

More specifically, this is a Sprint SIM unlocked phone; if I want to switch to T-Mobile, can I do that?
Yes you can, i am using Sprint TP2 sim unlocked in Qatar, here i am using a GSM sim card..

but u can only flash only CDMA ROMS in it.. hope this is wat ur looking for.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: cht sms refresh issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbroman View Post
having issues with cht

the sms widget will not refresh, i have done several searches and found nothing

even looked through the registry as i think this is where the problem is but i really am not sure...

any help please....
1. you do not even mention what ROM and CHT version you are having this problem with.

2. where did you search? just this thread?

3. Did you check the support wiki? There are sections on CHT, and one points on where to look for potential CHT issues.

4. did you search in the CHT2000 thread on XDA? CHT does have its own dedicated support thread. If you did search there you'd see several others have this same exact problem but no one has found the root cause or a good resolution.

@teradog, I'd like to update the CHT2 wiki section to direct users to search for CHT2 issues at XDA before posting on this thread if that's OK?
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: USCC

phalkon30 is becoming a great contributor

With the Feb 1 rom I jumped aboard and thought it felt great. After a few days I had issues with sense locking up and I had to reset the phone several times a day to use it.

So this time I waited after flashing the Feb 12 for a while to make an opinion. I can't remember a single lockup in the last few days, and it's incredibly smooth.

I agree that Dec 13 was a great rom that had absolutely nothing wrong with it, but if you have the itch to flash something newer, Feb 12 seems nice.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: at&t

howhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Since my phone is a worldphone & is supposed to be usable on both CDMA & GSM networks, how do I go about using this phone with GSM?

More specifically, this is a Sprint SIM unlocked phone; if I want to switch to T-Mobile, can I do that?
I have been running at&t on my sprint tp2 for almost a year now and it works fine for the most part. As others have said just find the sim unlocker and purchase it and your phone should be able to run on U.S. GSM. And yes you must use a CDMA Rom since it's a CDMA phone.

AT&t provisioned the phone automatically upon detection. The only downside is that there will be no 3G at least on at&t and I can never receive mms only send them.

I"m actually thinking about getting boost mobile since the phone can work on that with 3G. Shoot I'd even get virgin mobile in a heart beat with their $25 for unlimited data+text and like a couple hundred min, but they block sprint phones. I heard sprint is coming out with another pay as you go service shortly, keeping my fingers crossed!

Best wishes on getting everything set-up and feel free to pm me if u have any questions or post here if you'd like.

Start here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...-unlocker.html
End here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...-networks.html
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

pmatthewsatiug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpmatthewsatiug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpmatthewsatiug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpmatthewsatiug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by howhi05 View Post
I have been running at&t on my sprint tp2 for almost a year now and it works fine for the most part. As others have said just find the sim unlocker and purchase it and your phone should be able to run on U.S. GSM. And yes you must use a CDMA Rom since it's a CDMA phone.
For those using Verizon, I called Verizon and they SIM unlocked my phone for free. The rep tried to scare the heck out of me by saying I'd have to pay roaming rates for data if the phone connected to VZW's data with a non-VZW SIM card in it.

Nevertheless, I unlocked it and have never needed to use it (I don't have any other SIM cards even if I wanted to use it).

I understand this doesn't apply for the Sprint users, but I thought I'd pass it along to the broader community.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > HTC TP2 > Android
Carrier: T-Mobile

akeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by howhi05 View Post
I have been running at&t on my sprint tp2 for almost a year now and it works fine for the most part...
Start here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...-unlocker.html
End here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...-networks.html
I have been thoroughly enlightened. Thank you, thank you, thank you howhi05 for this invaluable reply! And thanks everyone else for your input! I love this forum! You guys absolutely rock around here!

Last edited by akeaw3000; 03-02-2011 at 02:10 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development