PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by auTONYmous View Post
I was having bluetooth issues as well, until I deleted the Settings Explorer "Widcomm*" files backups from previous builds and did a Task29 before reflashing. Works ok now. Maybe something in the bluetooth stack changed...

I've found I always have to use the copy/paste auth code method for FBTab....internal NEVER works properly

Feb.01 28244 Energy build runs great! Sense is noticeably faster, and I've been running WinMoSpeed 1.03 at 748 with no lockups for about 5 days now.

This build is NEARLY perfect IMHO. Battery is sufferring a tiny bit, but that could be due to my overclocking (and LOTS of talking/skype/texting/FaceBook/wifi lately, much more than usual, probably because this thing is actually usable now...)
Forgive me, I didn't quite get where you were going there. What do I delete from where for the Bluetooth issue?
Old 02-08-2011, 02:25 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintsero View Post
Ok, I have WN 6.5 OS, and I can install the rom using USB connection. I still have 1 question.

1 - Do I need to update the radio in order to install Energy's rom? Or, the rom itself will do all the updating for me?

LOVE your phone speed, I get about HALF on mine! Did you OC your phone in order to get that type of speed?...
1 simple answer = no

UPDATED WIKI FAQ
UPDATES: PRL, PRI, PROFILE, RADIO, ROM

UPDATES

ROM updates, new ROMs: DL links are in posts 2 & 3.
  • See also: PRL, Radio, Profile, PRI
  • ROM flashes do NOT include the radio, PRL, PRI, or a Profile flash (network refresh/sync

(What are they, how to check versions, how to update)
Please see red FAQ in my sig (ROM doesn't do any updating of those... unless you flash a new stock ROM & then flash back... another old trick) But, even a new stock ROM probably won't have the latest anymore...

Regarding phone speed!! Haha, hehe.. lol
Was waiting for someone to notice.... Rocket!! Use field trial to find best reception first (low neg db e.g. -48dbm) Mod IE & OPERA with mods found in this forum.... also.. hehe...

Lesson: An old timer told me once... believe 1/2 of what you see & none of what you hear! Speed tests are not completely accurate to say the least... lol 6.9 bazzilion mega watz ??! no... not faster than 4G ... don't care what it says...

But, I will tell you this... 4G only gets me about 1Mb/s faster on both Sprint & Verizon & Clear Channel (sprint).... so they want me to pay 160 ($100 more) a month for 2 EVO or EPIC's instead of 58 for 1 meg actual (non hyped) difference?? ... not

*edit* darn I hate it when tbob gets the top post on a page... gotta wear shades... eyes hurt

wow man
saw this new like button, am currently out of thanks to give, (30 max/day)... so I went back the last few pages or so & hit the "LIKE" button on everyones post.. LOL

Have no idea what it's for, but can tell you this... there is not a 30 max limit! lol... not even a 50 like limit.. :>))

Last edited by teradog; 02-08-2011 at 03:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Veezy is becoming a great contributor

I, too, am having an issue with my alarm not working on the 28xxx 2/1 rom. However, it's quick snappy. Pagepool 0 and OC'd to 710mhz.

Although, I think I've gotten tired of WM. I've enojyed it for the year that I've had it, but seeing all these new Android phones has me excited. Hopefully, I can last a while before I need to get a new phone. NRG has been the one thing keeping me working with my TP2 for as long as I have been.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

My data connection keeps dropping and when I go into comm. manager and click on data nothing happens. I have to connect the phone to a PC go to internet sharing then it come s back once I unplug it. this is very annoying. This is on the Feb 1st 2800 build.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
sprintsero... read red FAQ link in my sig & howto, if u still have Qs after that, ask.
summary: DL ROM from posts 2 or 3 hotfile links, unzip, usb tp2, either sync or 3 key put in bootloader mode (vol down, power & hit reset continue 2 hold till white/multi-color screen), flash

ill updAte FAQ later 2day with radio update info, search paperclip in tis thread 4 latest

SPEED TESTS: 6747kbps, 6.7 mbps !! (almost 3 times as fast as 4G WiMAX! LOL)
Here is my stuff.. SPEED TESTS 5 & 7 mB were run from my tp2 on tp2 (not tether or wifi to laptop) a min ago..
CE OS 5.2.29005
post via TP2

what other cabs do you have for internet speeds or is this just with the radio alone.. cause i have that radio and done see those speeds.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Trailblazerman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
SPEED TESTS: 6747kbps, 6.7 mbps !! (almost 3 times as fast as 4G WiMAX! LOL)
Here is my stuff.. SPEED TESTS 5 & 7 mB were run from my tp2 on tp2 (not tether or wifi to laptop) a min ago..
CE OS 5.2.29005
post via TP2
Wow! That's some kickbutt Rev A! I've never seen anything like that. OK, I'm Rev 0 here, then. Thanks for your help!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:39 PM
N00b
Carrier: sprint

sollyd is a n00b

Can someone point me in the right direction? I love this ROM but I'm having trouble answering the calls when phone rings. I hit the answer button, the bluetooth answer and tried to slide the answer/ignore. nothing works. Help?
Old 02-08-2011, 07:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP

Quote:
1 simple answer = no

UPDATED WIKI FAQ
UPDATES: PRL, PRI, PROFILE, RADIO, ROM
UPDATES
Thanks for all your great work on the FAQ Teradog!

Quote:
*edit* darn I hate it when tbob gets the top post on a page... gotta wear shades... eyes hurt
OK, so maybe I'll have to look around for something a little more conservative to use as an avatar, give your burning eyes a break
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:44 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veezy View Post
..the 28xxx 2/1 rom. However, it's quick snappy. Pagepool 0 and OC'd to 710mhz.,,.
Just make sure you're running a different startmenu in settings (CSM or, Panel) or you'll run out of RAM in Opera using pp zero...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
My data connection keeps dropping and when I go into comm. manager and click on data nothing happens. I have to connect the phone to a PC go to internet sharing then it come s back once I unplug it. this is very annoying. This is on the Feb 1st 2800 build.
If you're the only one, re-download, task29, reflash... takes 10 min.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
what other cabs do you have for internet speeds or is this just with the radio alone.. cause i have that radio and done see those speeds.
look harder than that... there's a cab for IE in the last couple weeks... can't remember, i'd have to go search also... Opera:config, max connections (server..) try to google opera:config
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailblazerman View Post
Wow! That's some kickbutt Rev A! I've never seen anything like that. OK, I'm Rev 0 here, then. Thanks for your help!
You are on REV A... Doubt big time there are any rev 0 only towers around! From wiki:
Rev 0: Typical speeds achieved are between 20-50 kbit/s.
Rev A: under normal conditions users experience a rate of approximately 500-1000kbit/s but with more latency than cable and dsl.

Again... often the test sites mess up quite a bit! The way I test? DL an Energy ROM & see how many KBPS you get after 4 min.. & total time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
Thanks for all your great work on the FAQ Teradog!
OK, so maybe I'll have to look around for something a little more conservative to use an avatar, give your burning eyes a break
LOL... scrolling down the page/her, evey time you get to the page..... good & bad :>)
Wouldn't hurt to mix it up a tad... but then again you may have a riot on your hands...
also, powinmo has stepped up & is helping out on the faq..

Tell you what... I'm going to go change mine right now...
GO PACK!
Record 13 NFL World Championships
League annals show 13 World Championships,[4] the most in the NFL (the next closest team is the Chicago Bears, with nine). The first three were decided by league standing, the next six by the NFL Title Game, and the final four Super Bowl victories.
(wiki)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0283.jpg (632.5 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by teradog; 02-08-2011 at 09:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
OK, so maybe I'll have to look around for something a little more conservative to use as an avatar, give your burning eyes a break
Ok. But can you at least tell us where to find the full video! We can then look at it at our leisure

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development