PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 2| 21916|21683 * Sense 201

Has NRG been in this forum to answer questions? Does not look like to many post form him.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 2| 21916|21683 * Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
Has NRG been in this forum to answer questions? Does not look like to many post form him.
NRG is on a larger scale building roms for lots of different devices. The advantage here I believe is we see a lot of bleeding edge stuff that smaller chefs are capable of. Futher he customizes his roms for particular phones (like ours and this forum). He's very active in the community between all his different threads and his twitter. Between his other roms and this one, he definitely hears the feedback about problems and addresses them in his next release. Just yesterday he had us build a complete list we would like him to concentrate on (look at Teradogs posts).

I believe there hasn't been too much activity in this forum about this Nov 3 release cause we're (at least "I'm") hoping for a major release soon in which he promised to address all the issues we came up with in that Teradog list. (please thank Teradog everywhere you can... his efforts have been amazing)

Also I believe a lot of people arent flashing lately because the 2.0 cht update to final is expected soon. People are holding off for this.

We're going to see some really SWEET roms come out in the VERY NEAR future

In conclusion.... You may not hear NRG (here) but trust he's around and observes

Last edited by pdappcgeek; 11-04-2010 at 12:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
NRG is on a larger scale building roms for lots of different devices. The advantage here I believe is we see a lot of bleeding edge stuff that smaller chefs are capable of. Futher he customizes his roms for particular phones (like ours and this forum). He's very active in the community between all his different threads and his twitter. Between his other roms and this one, he definitely hears the feedback about problems and addresses them in his next release. Just yesterday he had us build a complete list we would like him to concentrate on (look at Teradogs posts).

I believe there hasn't been too much activity in this forum about this Nov 3 release cause we're (at least "I'm") hoping for a major release soon in which he promised to address all the issues we came up with in that Teradog list. (please thank Teradog everywhere you can... his efforts have been amazing)

Also I believe a lot of people are flashing a lot lately as a 2.0 cht update to final is expected soon. People are holding off for this.

We're going to see some really SWEET roms come out in the VERY NEAR future

In conclusion.... You may not hear NRG (here) but trust he's around and observes
Thanks for the reply and that is good news indeed. I still have not updated the rom since the Aug 18th build so its been a while, and will update the rom once cookie 2.0 and all the other goodies finally come out.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:22 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm definitely around and reading/listening Most of the time I don't get actively involved in the threads, because 99% of the time the users help themselves... That aside...

I'll be here all day today (sorry about yesterday... life got in the way and I was 'out' of the office for several hours).

I'll be going over teradog's post and trying to address every issue, one by one.

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

nrg. nov3 tog ch2 21683.
OC to 710 with msm7k and the audio issue seems to be gone (thanks Teardog for the info)
packed on about 30 more cabs and still running at 83 free and quick. no lags or hangs since i flashed yesterday.
pulled it off the charger and listened to music for a good 30 min and batti dropped by only 1%. that's with pulling mail every 5 min. great job on the batti life

other than stuff (CHT 2.0) out of your controll--21683 is a winner. thanks
Old 11-04-2010, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
I'm definitely around and reading/listening Most of the time I don't get actively involved in the threads, because 99% of the time the users help themselves... That aside...

I'll be here all day today (sorry about yesterday... life got in the way and I was 'out' of the office for several hours).

I'll be going over teradog's post and trying to address every issue, one by one.
What?? You have a life other than just making ROMs for us? It doesn't seem possible!

Anyway, thanks for being here today NRGZ, and thanks for making great ROMs!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:58 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagat View Post
well i use spb mobile shell ..still TCPMP lags...for mp4 with subtitle(.SRT) using GDI
not sure how much RAM spb mobile shell uses, but all those video players suck up ram like crazy, you basically have to turn off whatever home screen app youre using (whether it be titanium, spb mobile shell, manila, etc).

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
not sure how much RAM spb mobile shell uses, but all those video players suck up ram like crazy, you basically have to turn off whatever home screen app youre using (whether it be titanium, spb mobile shell, manila, etc).
The built in htc video player doesnt seem to do that for me...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

If you're here to take suggestions, Energy, a fix for the broken tethered internet sharing would sure be nice

I've had to keep a RHODIMG of Mighty on my SD card to flash to in "emergencies" when working on a desktop with no wireless card
Old 11-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
ROUND 3

TOP SUGGESTIONS:
1. Build in NK fix or at least give some info as to why not or if you already have it built in. (many posts)

This is applied to ALL ROMs I make and it's been this way for a long time now.

2. Build in Boush MMS fix cab AND 5mb fix into" carrier provisioning #27543

Added to the kitchen. Although this will definitely make the ROM Sprint specific... Verizon, USC, etc users will have to install cabs or run carrier provisiong.

3. Fix BT hangup issue, also: #27590, also #27596, ... tons of them

I will need to test this with a device that's actually exhibiting this problem. Anyone wanna send one my way ? Not like you can use it with my ROM at the moment anyway, right ? lol i know.. bad joke..

4. Fix USB tethering #25620 #27271 #26567

Should be fixed... but I can't test it... No service on my test device.

5. Fix DRM #25978 #26596 #26402 #26215 #27536 many more...

Unfixable. You'll be hard pressed to find any custom ROM with working DRM...

6. Fix: phone hangup & lockscreen issues. #27589, #27420 , #27409

I can't fix lockscreen issues with CHT. Just don't use the CHT lockscreen if you want a good running lockscreen... I've said this plenty of times in the past.

7. Fix new MMS shortcut in the action menu. (sprint, ROM?) #27562

Not sure if it's fixable yet... Might need a new Arcsoft package to fix it. Any suggestions ?

8. Fix Quick GPS to auto update when checked. Not working (many, many posts)

Seems to work fine for me and from what I read in the thread it seems to work for other people as well. Is this really that big a deal ? Just update manually when, and if you ever do...

9. Fix: On the Oct 25 21682 Sencity Theme ROM... When u press action and camera it takes u to the camcorder, also Data disconnects sometimes while using data.

Fixed in the Nov ROMs. Data disconnection issues are out of my control...

10. Fix: Screen won't come back on, multiple pushes needed (#9 above).. #27602, #27559, #27411
SOD while playing music related? #27559

The famous SOD.... Something we have to live with for being on the bleeding edge of WM development.

11. User FAQ: #27579, #27605

Yep... Will have to talk to a moderator about that.

12. Fix contact pics in dialer: Monfro 27471, #27407

I will try to implement a GSM dialer in the ROM to see if it makes this better. I'm getting mixed responses on twitter from people saying they DO get pictures while other people say they don't. I THINK it might be a carrier thing, or maybe people that apply sometime of carrier provisioning cab don't get them anymore. I know for a fact they work fine in a "virgin" ROM.

13. Fix softkeyboard selection loss on softreset (see bottom of post)

Unfixable.... Long time WM bug. There's apps that help you work around the problem, but I'm not cooking any one of them in. They're not very 'stable' .

OTHER ISSUES:
VOLUME: #27575 In a Media app (YouTube, HTC Album, CorePlayer, TCPMP, etc.) and try to change the volume, the volume panel thing comes up and if I have a video going on in the background the part of the video outside of the panel freezes while the video continues playing in that little tiny box thing...on the stock ROM that if I change the volume in Media apps like the ones listed above, a HTC style volume indicator would pop up on the side and the video would continue playing like normal.
Fix?:#27581

I've tried fixing this, but I think I'll need to downgrade the whole multimedia subsystem and go back to the old style "white bars on the side" volume for video overlays. The current, nicely skinned speaker graphic in the middle of screen is pulled from the newer HD2, Oboe and Huashan devices. Obviously their graphics chips (and ulitmately the directx layering system that's responsible for displaying these overlays graphics) is not fully compatible with the TP2. We'll see... BTW if you happen to see a custom ROM that doesn't show this problem (but it uses the new style overlay volume graphics) definitely let me know !

NRG todo: make the volume screen look like the music/video volume screen in any other app (like for example.. the email or texting app). That would help a lot I'm sure as I woudlnt completely block your view.

Doable !

Keyboard:
Would like for the keyboard to pop up automatically when i hit reply and it brings up the screen to reply to the message. When we set swype as the keyboard it resets to the default keyboard after a soft reset, same thing if i have full qwerty set with xt9.. after a soft reset it defaults back to abc, anyway to make those things stick? #27615

You can do this in BSB Tweaks already, to set the keyboard to automatically popup in ANY text input field. I turn this feature off on all devices with physical keyboards, as I don't see it necessary when you have a physical keyboard. I certainly find it very annoying....

Unfortunately there's no way to specify which app brings the softkeyboard up and which don't. It's either ALL or NONE

Read my responses in red.. above
This post has been thanked 8 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development