PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc tp2 verizon
Carrier: vodaphone

krazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 7| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
OK I have been out of the loop for a minute, can someone update me with what I want to be doing here? I am ready for a custom rom, just cannot decide which I want. Post #26785 is the most recent? Is it stable enough for everyday use? I was going to go with the 21680 build but am unsure now...
check out the first page
thats where you will get all the latest Roms.
the 21681 series is a 6.5.X rom (which is the latest)
read the descriptions first in post #2. there will be the download link which will take to to a hotfile page of the rom you choose
d/l you rom from there.
but before you begin are you sure you have a cdma phione and not a GSM?
please read and check properly before you flash!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read here about unlocking and flashing via a sd card as well...
it does ease the process a bit
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...2-sd-card.html

if i helped press "thanks"

Last edited by krazydude; 10-13-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:32 AM
aliens50

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Also, should I be doing a hardreset first? a task 29? or a 'clear storage'? I just got this phone replaced and have not done any flashing since last year sometime...so go easy on me.
Update to MR2 (latest Verizon update) before you unlock, then unlock, task29, then flash your desired ROM.

When updating to a new rom, I always task29, then flash my rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

Wow, thanx guys for the overwhelming response. I didn't intend to be that off topic, I am not that far out of the loop, I read a few pages and have unlocked...I was just wondering if a task29 and a hardreset were the same thing or they are separately necessary...

And where the latest of this rom is, I clicked the download link but I found what I was looking for. I do have a cdma-gsm worldphone...Is the latest as of 101010 stable enough?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliens50 View Post
Update to MR2 (latest Verizon update) before you unlock, then unlock, task29, then flash your desired ROM.

When updating to a new rom, I always task29, then flash my rom.
+1
Wise information!!! Update to the newest MR2 update to get the new Radio & PRL from Verizon. Then go crazy w/ unlocking & flashing. This person knows what he's talking about!!! Great post Aliens50
Old 10-13-2010, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Wow, thanx guys for the overwhelming response. I didn't intend to be that off topic, I am not that far out of the loop, I read a few pages and have unlocked...I was just wondering if a task29 and a hardreset were the same thing or they are separately necessary...

And where the latest of this rom is, I clicked the download link but I found what I was looking for. I do have a cdma-gsm worldphone...Is the latest as of 101010 stable enough?
Hello, as far as I understand task 29 erases all the OS files from the phone, so when you install a new ROM you don't have anything from the old one that could affect the performance of the new one. A Hard Reset erases all your information and data, but the phone will start into whatever OS it had before the reset, so they are completely different. A task 29 will earse all your data from the phone memory too (I think it won't from the SD card, but I would take it out just in case)
Old 10-13-2010, 10:30 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
Hello, as far as I understand task 29 erases all the OS files from the phone, so when you install a new ROM you don't have anything from the old one that could affect the performance of the new one. A Hard Reset erases all your information and data, but the phone will start into whatever OS it had before the reset, so they are completely different. A task 29 will earse all your data from the phone memory too (I think it won't from the SD card, but I would take it out just in case)
Task 29 should NOT erase anything on your microSD card. I run Task 29 before I flash any rom.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is there a way to save the favorites shortcuts that are thumbnailed on the internet page so they can be restored after a new flash?

I have my regular internet favorites saved, but I haven't figured out how to save the thumbnailed links.

TIA
Old 10-13-2010, 01:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch on Boost
Carrier: Boost Mobile

IOReCKI is just getting started

just flashed dinik 0ct.8 and i dont know if anyone esle is getting this problem, but when u go to edit ur home layout and insert a task bar or appointment bar , HTC SENSE doesnt stop launching and relaunching over and over again....had to do hard reset cause it wouldnt let me edit the home layout again due to HTC Sense launching.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: at&t

howhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOReCKI View Post
just flashed dinik 0ct.8 and i dont know if anyone esle is getting this problem, but when u go to edit ur home layout and insert a task bar or appointment bar , HTC SENSE doesnt stop launching and relaunching over and over again....had to do hard reset cause it wouldnt let me edit the home layout again due to HTC Sense launching.
Happened to me on oct.8 cht2.0. I just let it sit and restart for like 5 min and sense finally loaded. I then soft reset it a few times until sense finally stabilized.

Try constantly pressing the physical end call button right after sense just begins the restarting loop. If it worked then you might get to the point to where sense says "touch to load sense," or something like that.

It worked for me might not work for you. It took about a good 10 min to get it all working but good luck.

I didn't get this problem until I imported my cht settings from the oct.7 cht 2.0.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

I'm still not feeling these new roms, they are way to many bugs for me, i do like new stuff but it at least has to be mostly stable, just my opinion.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development