PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 11:43 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 7| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by netengineer View Post
As you know.... I am running a differnet ROM right now and will not be able to flash the latest Energy ROM till Sunday. Anyway, I like the memory saving with the Compact Start menu. Which cab do you suggest to run that will give me that? Thanks in advance.
Simple answer: NONE, it's all built right into the ROM's!!!
I gave you my opinion & how to select the different ones in red over the last 2 pages... but, that's only my opinion, you may have a different one!! And that's what makes NRGZ28 so awesome!!! He's cooked in all of these!!!
Read this..
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1968725-post26594.html
... and this here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1968966-post26618.html
"Start Menu Layout Switch (SMLS): start(winkey), settings, start menu layout switch
Normal: 73 MB free *default with NRG's great signature startup menu
List View: 72 MB free
Panel: 97 MB free *** MY FAV BY FAR
CSM: 95 MB free (settings, startmenu layout)(Compact Start Menu... quick menu w/ mods)
Sense: 97 MB free (EITHER start(winkey), settings, other, SMLS OR slider to settings"

I use / like the 680 cookie2 (no dinik or GTX), using Panel Startmenu. Like it better than Quick menu(CSM) even.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IF YOUR ROM IS "CORRUPT".... (and it may be but probably not..)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
BIG BUMP.. use the lastest 7-Zip hyperlinked below, to expand your ROM DL!!
thanks & thank'd kris812!!

More precisely, use this one: Download 7-Zip 9.17 beta (2010-10-04) for Windows:
..hit the > next to kris812 name & thank for info.. *edit* or hit thanks here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1969054-post26636.html
..also thanks to howhi05 here, for getting us thinking we may actually have to use another extraction method instead of blaming it on the DL in the first place!! :>)) ~please don't thank this post, hit theirs instead~
..going to pop you over 100 rep for that one kris812... your rep doubled in 2 hours... :>))

Last edited by teradog; 10-08-2010 at 01:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Ok, so what's the word on internet sharing? Has anyone on Verizon been able to get it to work?

Some of you Sprint boys can get it working, but for us peeps on Verizon, the PC connection dropbox shows "USB" and the Network connection dropbox always shows "none" and won't let you connect

Any solutions?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:52 AM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

If your wifi doesn't work/keeps disconnecting...

PROVISION YOUR CARRIER!!! start, settings, tools (folder), carrier provisioning
.... most likely... just did it myself this morning....in this post... was PO'd that I forgot :>))
Quote:
Originally Posted by udayse View Post
So what am i doing wrong with the wifirouter? Can anyone help? I even installed the oct7th rom, it still has the same problem. Keeps disconnecting after 2 secs.
Thanks

Last edited by teradog; 10-08-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

kris812 is keeping up the good workkris812 is keeping up the good work

Hey people with unziping issues.. YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THE LATEST BETA 7ZIP.. Again, the "BETA" one..
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo
Carrier: Sprint

teon is just getting started

Quote:
"Start Menu Layout Switch (SMLS): start(winkey), settings, start menu layout switch
Normal: 73 MB free *default with NRG's great signature startup menu
List View: 72 MB free
Panel: 97 MB free *** MY FAV BY FAR
CSM: 95 MB free (settings, startmenu layout)(Compact Start Menu... quick menu w/ mods)
Sense: 97 MB free (EITHER start(winkey), settings, other, SMLS OR slider to settings"
How do I switch back and forth between these menus?
I'm now in Sense and I could not figure out how to switch back to CSM.
Thanks for any help.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: BOOST

mackharoni is a n00b

thanks alot for this ROM I LOVE IT first time using it just got my TP2
Old 10-08-2010, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch=>TP2=>Touch=>Diamond=>TouchPro2 (current)
Carrier: SPRINT

bpsamant is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
if your rom is "corrupt".... (and it may be but probably not..)

..going to pop you over 100 rep for that one kris812... Your rep doubled in 2 hours... :>))
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris812 View Post
hey people with unziping issues.. You must download the latest beta 7zip.. Again, the "beta" one..
thanks (AND THANKED) ..it worked for me now with the beta 7
Old 10-08-2010, 12:16 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by teon View Post
How do I switch back and forth between these menus?
I'm now in Sense and I could not figure out how to switch back to CSM.
Thanks for any help.
your kidding right? come on man... you gotta at least try... i take hours to type all this stuff up & even highlight it in red???
re-read your post & hopefully you'll have a V8 moment
*edit*
OK in sense a little tougher, but... in the last 3 pages I have it in 3 posts... settings, other

Last edited by teradog; 10-08-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

kris812 is keeping up the good workkris812 is keeping up the good work

haha.. Ya my rep did double in about 2 hours.. Funny.. So I gave the cookie2.0 a try again and it's just too much stuff to change but most imporantly is slow and sluggish.. I flashed the 6.5.x Classic cookie 1.8.5 and holly molly I am in love.. I seriously think NRG cooked that one for himself.. Seriously smooth and clean.. It is now (after months of flashing) my newest fallback ROM.. I am not even sure I'll be flashing for a while because of that..

On another note I am on Cricket and have tried to get the wifi router stuff to work with no luck at all.. I beleive it is because it uses proxy internet without true WAP.. Don't quote me here..

NRG I would totally love for you to look over a Cricket Carrier Cab so that it runs friendly with your ROM.. Actually it would be even better to add it to the carrier provisioning.. If anyone has the talent to tear apart my cab and "clean" it up please PM me with your email and I will send you the cab.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:22 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris812 View Post
haha.. Ya my rep did double in about 2 hours.. Funny.. So I gave the cookie2.0 a try again and it's just too much stuff to change but most imporantly is slow and sluggish.. I flashed the 6.5.x Classic cookie 1.8.5 and holly molly I am in love.. I seriously think NRG cooked that one for himself.. Seriously smooth and clean.. It is now (after months of flashing) my newest fallback ROM.. I am not even sure I'll be flashing for a while because of that..

On another note I am on Cricket and have tried to get the wifi router stuff to work with no luck at all.. I beleive it is because it uses proxy internet without true WAP.. Don't quote me here..

NRG I would totally love for you to look over a Cricket Carrier Cab so that it runs friendly with your ROM.. Actually it would be even better to add it to the carrier provisioning.. If anyone has the talent to tear apart my cab and "clean" it up please PM me with your email and I will send you the cab.
.. :>)) ... and hit ya again.. :>)) *edit* AND... on that note, just noticed y'all just put me @ the 4K, double VIP mark.. thanks to all, gonna go play with new ROM now... :>))

Last edited by teradog; 10-08-2010 at 12:24 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development