PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 08:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 18| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

I had issues with qmenu until I deleted/disabled arkswitch from starting... It was magic lol all my issues were gone
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

apet8464 is keeping up the good workapet8464 is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 18| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Some initial observations on the new compact start menu (CSM). First, I would like to suggest that when posting about the new CSM, that everyone indicate whether they are on 23xxx or 21xxx since it seems to be relevant. For the record, I'm running 21xxx at the moment.

I am probably one of the few that has continued to install QM since it was removed from Energy's ROMs back in the Feb/March timeframe. Until recently, I just installed it on top of whatever ROM I was using, and tweaked a few of the settings. It works great and makes task switching from the hard Win key simple. Recently, I tested removing the native WM start menu to save memory, and had pretty good results.

Yesterday, I flashed to 9/18 STD Energy 2.5 21xxx, and applied the CSM setting Energy just added. So far, it has worked as advertised - though as expected, there are a few small bugs to be ironed out. I too am experiencing the soft Win key issue. Sometimes it will pull up QM and sometimes it won't. When it does, it's very laggy and frequently locks up. Going to sleep mode and back seems to unlock the screen effectively. Either way, using the soft key to invoke QM is laggy and inconsistent. In search of a solution, I just went into QM > Options and checked 'Replace System's Start Menu', and it seems to have fixed the issue. Only time will tell.

Also, another observation with the CSM is that there does not seem to be a way to get to 'Lock Config' using the QM. I had to go back to the default WM start menu to apply auto-lock and then go back to the CSM/QM. Maybe I just missed it, so if someone else has spotted the Lock Config setting in the CSM, please speak up.

I have also experienced inconsistent results when switching between the full WM start menu and the CSM. Even after the prescribed soft reset, sometimes it switches back, and sometimes it doesn't. After a few tries, it will eventually make the switch, so not a big deal.

As for battery life, it seems to be about the same as usual for me.

Last edited by apet8464; 09-19-2010 at 09:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by apet8464 View Post
Some initial observations on the new compact start menu (CSM). First, I would like to suggest that when posting about the new CSM, that everyone indicate whether they are on 23xxx or 21xxx since it seems to be relevant. For the record, I'm running 21xxx at the moment.

I am probably one of the few that has continued to install QM since it was removed from Energy's ROMs back in the Feb/March timeframe. Until recently, I just installed it on top of whatever ROM I was using, and tweaked a few of the settings. It works great and makes task switching from the hard Win key simple. Recently, I tested removing the native WM start menu to save memory, and had pretty good results.

Yesterday, I flashed to 9/18 STD Energy 2.5 21xxx, and applied the CSM setting Energy just added. So far, it has worked as advertised - though as expected, there are a few small bugs to be ironed out. I too am experiencing the soft Win key issue. Sometimes it will pull up QM and sometimes it won't. When it does, it's very laggy and frequently locks up. Going to sleep mode and back seems to unlock the screen effectively. Either way, using the soft key to invoke QM is laggy and inconsistent. In search of a solution, I just went into QM > Options and checked 'Replace System's Start Menu', and it seems to have fixed the issue. Only time will tell.

Also, another observation with the CSM is that there does not seem to be a way to get to 'Lock Config' using the QM. I had to go back to the default WM start menu to apply auto-lock and then go back to the CSM/QM. Maybe I just missed it, so if someone else has spotted the Lock Config setting in the CSM, please speak up.

I have also experienced inconsistent results when switching between the full WM start menu and the CSM. Even after the prescribed soft reset, sometimes it switches back, and sometimes it doesn't. After a few tries, it will eventually make the switch, so not a big deal.

As for battery life, it seems to be about the same as usual for me.
Do you still have ArkSwitch loading?
Old 09-19-2010, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: sprint

domoarigato is a n00b

had issues with freezing on the latest GTX build, but disabling arkswitch fixed everything. i just renamed arkswitch.exe to something else so it wouldnt start up.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

GuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm pretty sure arkswitch is not installed in the 21xxx builds.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:52 AM
N00b

GuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I re-flashed this morning. I was having some wonky problems (apps opening and closing by themselves, SMS not opening to the end of the message string, swipe keyboard closing while I was using it, etc.)

I usually use Task29 as part of my process. This time I tried the Flashing Instructions listed in DaveTN’s sig as pointed out to me by Teradog. Thanks again to DaveTN for changing the font color in his sig for my tired, old eyes…

His process doesn’t use Task29. It uses a combination of battery removal and hardware resets. I think it provides a more thorough cleansing. I had noticed the GPS data downloaded using QuickGPS was still current after using Task29. I always thought that was a little strange. All the GPS data was deleted using the new process. (Not really sure if this is definitive or not, but it made me feel better. )

Flashed the same version, Sep 18 Co0kie 21916. This time I set the page pool to 16. This gave me 100Mb free after switching to QuickMenu.

So far, all my wonky little problems are gone. SMS and swipe are working great and it seems more stable.

I’ve read over and over… If things seem wonky (my new favorite word), re-flash.

Last edited by GuyInTulsa; 09-19-2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: For clarity
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInTulsa View Post
I re-flashed this morning.I’ve read over and over… If things seem wonky (my new favorite word), re-flash.
LOL.. I think you got that from me. "Wonky" has been one of my favorite catch all words for quite a while. Also used to be my brothers nick-name.

David
Old 09-19-2010, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

I have 23*** GTX from Sept 18 and the compact menu works fine. Kind of weird, you press the button on the bottom and the menu shows up on the top, but it works fine. I like the recent folder too! Also useful is that the menu shows up on to of whatever application you are running if you press the hardware button.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

I also have a different problem with arkswitch, it doesn't come up any more when you press on the bar on the top of the screen after I open some programs like total commander. Anybody has this happening?

Last edited by alalor; 09-19-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:29 AM
N00b

Here is a simple Mortscript I wrote to randomly change the Home Tab wallpaper each time your phone turns on.

I know there are many other solutions to do this. However, I’m learning Mortscript and this was a fun exercise.

I’ve taken some shortcuts by hard-coding a few things. First, this will only work on ROM’s using Co0kie’s Home Tab Editor. Second, it uses the default wallpaper location “\My Documents\My Wallpapers” (you can change this by editing the script). This is where NGR puts his wallpapers. Third, and finally, it only loads PNG files (you can change this too). Again, this is the standard used by NRG.

I use it on 21xxx ROMs. I think it will work on 23xxx’s also. Maybe someone can let me know.

To use it… UnZIP the RandomWallpaper.mscr file and put it somewhere on your phone. Mortscript is burned into all NRG ROMs, so you don’t have to load anything else. I put it on my storage card so it will survive a flash. Use Total Commander to create a shortcut from the RandomWallpaper.mscr file and save it to \Windows\Startup. Anything added to this folder will run each time the phone is started, just like Windows.

Now, every time your phone is rebooted you’ll have a different wallpaper. Add your favorite wallpapers, as PNG files, to the “\My Documents\My Wallpapers” folder and they will automatically be added to the random feature.

I release this code to the public domain. You may modify it any way you like. I hope it encourages you to learn a little scripting. It’s very handy!

Here is a link to the Mortscript website. Again, you don’t need to install Mortscript on a NRG ROM. But, this site will provide the documentation support to help you.

ENJOY!
Attached Files
File Type: zip RandomWallpaper.zip (456 Bytes, 27 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development