PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 08:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tekknogenius is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
yeah they both bring up the same thing for me also.
They only look the same. Actually the SMS one brings up MMS. Try this: Action/SMS/Menu/Insert/ If you select the menu button you'll see the insert menu item, where on the MMS it does not have this (meaning it is an SMS). From Action/MMS/Menu there is no Insert menu item.

Found a post that shows how to change the Action Menu! Thanks to orignal poster and subsequent poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Customizing HTC ActionScreen and How to assign it as Power Button Application for any Windows Phone Device
This should help those in need to change the mapping of HTC action screen.

Last edited by tekknogenius; 09-17-2010 at 08:58 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: USCC

Iguana775 is becoming a great contributor
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3matthew3 View Post
Yeah, actually looks and works really slick and responsive. If you pretty much just follow those instructions from that post mentioned earlier, it's a pretty cut and dry installation.

basically adjust Arkswitch field, install QuickMenu, run start menu remover, install X-button cab... other registry setting mentioned just brings back your windows icon in the lower left corner... otherwise you just have your two soft keys widely spaced at the bottom. Took me a total of 10 minutes to free up a ton of ram and have a pretty nifty start menu.

*other handy step to do from that post is download the Control Panel shortcuts and unzip the file and copy the folder ControPanel_shotcuts to \windows\start menu\Programs.

Then after softreset you will have all the control panel settings in quick menu in the folder ControPanel_shotcuts.

Or you can add the settings you want as quicklinks in cookie quicklinks.

let me know your thoughts if you check it out...
nice. I'll have to give this a shot tonight.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:57 AM
N00b

tekknogenius is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekknogenius View Post
Anyone know how to edit the links in the action screen? The MMS and SMS links are transposed (MMS brings up SMS and vice-versa). BTW the action menu is on the home screen (lower left hand side).

Thank you.
Found a link to change the HTC Action menu. Orignal poster and subsequent poster thanked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Customizing HTC ActionScreen and How to assign it as Power Button Application for any Windows Phone Device
This should help those in need to change the mapping of HTC action screen.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Lurker

unxguyjr is just getting started
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 4| 21914|24631 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguana775 View Post
I'm still having the issue above on the latest 23*** cookie and I'm also having another issue. While using Excel, my phone will freeze up fairly often. Does anyone know if NRG is including a different version of Office or changed something with it? It was working perfectly up till after the Aug 25th versions. I could have lived with out hiding the column/row headers but the constant freezing is just annoying as he//.
Have you tried stopping arkswitch? I was having problems with SOD but one I disabled arkswitch that has stopped. The show for me is also grayed out...but have not really cared since I have not ever use it.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:05 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Its a crying shame that I can only thank this post once!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
Well then, let me help you
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Preciate it lol
:>)) thanks, got ya all back & then some! :>))
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3matthew3 View Post
I didn't do anything with the Rhod Keyboard controller and my hard key worked from the get go. [on Sprint TP2] Thanks for the awesome info.
thanks for tip, noted.. didn't do it for me perhaps a reboot or something
Quote:
Originally Posted by laymanspc View Post
Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.Sep.13
ADC is not a valid PPC App...
Error received trying to "automatically configure connections" from the connections settings page.
?? ReDL (download again) & give us more details if it fails (ROM, exactly what your were doing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
In regards to the bluetooth issue. I have flashed every Cookie ROM since July in the 6.5.x series. The bluetooth issue remains. Didn't happen on stock and doesn't happen on mighty, so there is something that's causing it. It's about 75% of the time it won't hang up. Aside from that, This ROM has been the best ROM for me ever from NRG. Smooth, solid. Everything so far major works. I noticed the Action MMS only launch SMS. I know that to send a pic message from a pic you must choose mail, Message doesn't work. I'm gonna try Maxx's cab for battery, as I can only go a few hours before she's done...

I still run into Memory problems, even though I PP'd to 12. But it doesn't seem as bad on this ROM. I would be interested to try the Start Menu removal, but I am kinda hesitant due to the fact that once in a while, the start menu is the only thing that works. Not so far on this ROM though, I am SOD free so far. I also removed Arkswitch, I am starting to believe that is the source of many problems. I would be a fan of a different task manager.
So, just to summarize: (not ripping you, trying to help, let others respond)
1. You are the only one that's had a consistent issue with your equipment across ALL Energy ROMs? (anyone else across all of them? If so please post, maybe I missed that)
2. You say Mighty ROM use to work with your equipment.
3. I'm not having issues, DaveTN reported he wasn't & then did have some? Dave again?
4. Most of us are not having issues on THIS ROM. (Sept 13&14)

If you folks really want to solve this make sure you are on the latest ROM. If not, please make sure you post precisely which one your on (not just cookie... there are MANY of those)

ALSO: when you post please list EXACTLY what BT you are using (MONO, Stereo, brand, etc..)

kyderr: still not ripping on you, but you may want to try a friends BT both mono & stereo & see if it still happens with your phone. If it does, you may have a slight incompatibility in your BT stack that doesn't sit well with NRG BT software. ... just saying... Not sure he'll have time to work with only a couple of you that have the issue??

Also, those that are having the BT issue, apparently THE current ROM set has fixed the issue for most of us. Reflash to the current ROM, then try. I highly doubt you'll see any patches put out for a BT issue at this point for old ROMS. So... you may just want to drop it if you don't flash up... ??

Also, try the start menu removal, if you don't like it, run this cab & 20 seconds later, everything is back to normal. EASY!! You guys burn ROMs & don't want to try this??? :>)) too funny :<)) it's 10 times as easy as ROM burning!!
UNDO STARTMENU REPLACEMENT (15+ MB more RAM)
Restore Start menu.cab in "HOW TO" link bottom of signature line

**deleted some stuff here**

Quote:
Originally Posted by unxguyjr View Post
Have you tried stopping arkswitch? I was having problems with SOD but one I disabled arkswitch that has stopped. The show for me is also grayed out...but have not really cared since I have not ever use it.
Agreed, remove arkswitch in \windows\startup
Taskmanager: I use wktask that allows me to see all running tasks on the very top bar, icons on left side of running progs, for the prog & settings look in the "HOW TO" link in my sig. If you tap the icon, it switches to that task, if you long press it (hold), you can shut it down. It's not as finger friendly as Arkswitch, so I use windows key/tools xbutton to map a long hold startmenu key to windows taskmanger, which is pretty finger friendly.

Last edited by teradog; 09-17-2010 at 11:08 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

GuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekknogenius View Post
Found a post that shows how to change the Action Menu! Thanks to orignal poster and subsequent poster.
Wow! Thanks (and thanked) for posting the link to this.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: USCC

Iguana775 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by unxguyjr View Post

I'll try that but it's not really SOD. it just freezes....for instance, I'll hit the View menu and it will freeze some times.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mrtomaso is keeping up the good workmrtomaso is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
Hello, thank you for the fast replies. I put a sim card (the sprint one) and now tethering works again!!!
Where did you get your sim card from?

I did find this - DealExtreme: $1.74 Dummy SIM Cards for Cell Phone Testing Purposes (3-Pack); not sure if that's what I'm looking for though.

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:16 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtomaso View Post
Where did you get your sim card from?
I did find this - DealExtreme: $1.74 Dummy SIM Cards for Cell Phone Testing Purposes (3-Pack); not sure if that's what I'm looking for though.
Thanks!
Thanks for the link..
I know you've post here before... I don't know how advanced user you are so...
Just a level set: thoughts & stuff to try...
1. New TP2's come with a SIM card
2. Take out your battery, there should be a rectangular white card top right, if there is... you're set.
3. So you have a CDMA phone & probably got yours used?
4. Also, any SIM from Walmart should do..? (get a cheapy)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleus View Post
I've use Sprint Touch Pro2, and now i've working cdma and gsm on this phone, if i'm flash this rom, will be gsm work on my phone? sorry for my english
Yes GSM will work. As a matter of fact, i'm using strictly GSM right now as I'm away from US. All the TP2 radios you flash will also support GSM signals. No need to worry. All you need is hardPSL unlock. You don't need the sim unlock unless you want to use ATT or tmobile with a CDMA phone.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development