PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 03:02 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Has anyone noticed when u dont change the pagepool & get the "out of memory" message on opera, Internet Explorer still opens even when ur low on program memory... Im done w/ Opera just for that LOL plus IE has given me faster speeds when loadin pages also
IMO: IE doesn't do flash well on a few of my main web sites I use, Opera has been better. Plus, just loading the pages I goto, Opera comes up first.. (is partially usable first) most of the time for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen View Post
It looks like NRG is sneaking in new ROMs...
September 4th, 201024631 Build ... Fast !
  • Improved virtual memory management, default pagepool changed for ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by biff6789 View Post
Can someone confirm that this ROM is "tethering safe"
A search of this thread shows several people asking the question, but nobody giving a definitive answer
Thanks
I see no reason why this ROM would be different than the last 30 of his I burned! YES, that's ALL I do :>))
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
Maybe, but then when that ROM is up you'll be wondering if there will be a new one soon. He updates so often that you're either going to flash every three days or so, or sit some out.
LOL!! Don't know what your talking about I'm flashing tomorrows ROM today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_22 View Post
anybody?
Re: rj's issue. If you've floated your Q by us a couple times.. and no answer, probably not. To be honest... what ROM are you on? Start using your current ROM's 3 backup tools save to SDcard: Start (winkey), tools, PIM backup(then restore), Settings export (then import all), home screen: menu, cookie home tab editor, menu (again), export/import settings. And read the 1st page of this ROM series (post 4 i think) entirely about using UC (to back up & restore)... UC.net is supposed to be even better... ALL ARE FREE. If you have any issues with restores avoid registry restores..

Point being, by the time I dink around worrying about a fix, a new ROM is out & a fresh task 29, flash & (possibly need a new sd card or reformat) & you're problems are usually solved! Solution? Reflash... sorry man, didn't see an answer so I thought I'd provide you with my usual solution. If it's in a second ROM, EVERYONE will be talking about it... if you're the only one.. follow the normal tips, see davetn sig line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customervalued View Post
Anyone else having problems tethering on 21914 sept 4 gtx edition. Internet sharing shows status as disconnected and pc connection as usb but greyed out. Tried connecting, disconnecting the usb cable and no luck. Wifi router works but eats too much juice. Btw this is the best looking Rom Ive seen in a while. I have been reluctant to switch from Mighty, but this is certainly a sweet rom. I task29 prior to install and cleared storage, and no luck.
Wifi doesn’t much suck battery anymore… use fieldtrial.exe (windows directory) to find the lowest dbm (-60ish is awesome -90ish bad, closest to zero best), move your phone around the house & windows turning 90, 180, 270 degrees & see where the lowest dbm is. If you get anywhere close to the one in my sig, you’re probably sitting on a tower… (which I got sitting at my home office on the lake). 1 foot & 90 degrees can make a massive difference in signal strength. I find at the bottom of the window sitting on it’s left side (vol buttons) gives the best… (for me). I go from high 70’s to low 50’s within a 1 foot area! Move your phone to different areas around the room, try different rooms, windows, etc..

Then, install this cab:
[IMG] Wi-Fi on in Standby.cab from here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=86489

I plug the phone into ac charger, but you don’t need to.. simply shut the screen off with top button & rock on. I do over 3M speed tests & up to 300K DL’s (avg around 250K). Can run normal internet use on wifi for 6 hours straight on battery.

Last edited by teradog; 09-04-2010 at 03:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: at&t

howhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 4| 21914|24631 * Sense 2018

wow 9/4 cht 24631 is pretty fast. nrg lowered the pp to 18 and it's running pretty good.
Thanks NRG for this one!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 [SPRINT]
Carrier: Sprint

3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

anybody have a screenshot of the icons/text in the new 9/4 rom?
Old 09-04-2010, 03:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: SPT2

pelermon is a n00b

Is there a way to load a new rom and keep all my existing text history ?
Old 09-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bigfoot123 is becoming a great contributor

Looks like I'm finally going to update from 7/16. Finally a Saturday where I can flash.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bigfoot123 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelermon View Post
you can use microsoft my phone and backup pretty much everything including text messages.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Yup, use microsoft myphone to back up all of your texts and contacts before you flash then use it to restore them once you get everything set up after your flash. Great tool, included in the rom and free. All you need it a free windowslive ID.

Daivd

EDIT. Looks like bigfoot beat me to it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
PIM backup will also keep your text history so u have another option
Old 09-04-2010, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to muzik

Quote:
I use Microsoft My Phone for most and the Cookie export for the rest. I'm not sure if PIM does the texts. Many here will know. When I run UC, My Phone and then Cookie Import...all of my quicklinks load in just how I want them, texts are back. I have been meaning to try the email set up program talked about here but haven't yet. That would really make it easy to flash.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo

teon is just getting started

Flashed with Energy.RHODCDMA.24631.Sense2.5.Cookie.DinikGlass.S ep.04 and it works perfectly and very fast too. Much better than the Energy.RHODCDMA.23127.Sense2.5.Cookie.DinikGlass.A ug.28 which I had some freeze before I went back to the Energy.RHODCDMA.23127.Sense2.5.Cookie.Aug.28
I think all the icons are working fine too.
Thanks a lot chef

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development