PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

LBushnell is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Hey I accidentally put the wrong server address for syncing my phone with google, so its not receiving anything when I try to sync. How do I change the server address and stuff. Can't figure it out. Help would be appreciated.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBushnell View Post
Hey I accidentally put the wrong server address for syncing my phone with google, so its not receiving anything when I try to sync. How do I change the server address and stuff. Can't figure it out. Help would be appreciated.
There are a few ways to do that. go to your email tab and select your google outlook account. Then click the right softkey "menu" then select "account settings".
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Lurker

LBushnell is a n00b

Sorry I should have been more specific, I'm using activesync as an exchange server to sync my contacts with google because myphone doesnt save contacts for some reason. But when setting up my Active sync account I put m.gmail.com as the server address instead of m.google.com. But know I can't find the setting to change it to the correct one.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Sorry I should have been more specific, I'm using activesync as an exchange server to sync my contacts with google because myphone doesnt save contacts for some reason. But when setting up my Active sync account I put m.gmail.com as the server address instead of m.google.com. But know I can't find the setting to change it to the correct one.
Trust me, it's there. I have google sync through active sync too.

EDIT: to be more specific, once you get to the account setting. Click outlook, then you'll be brought to the setting you put in for your google account. click next on the bottom right to the second page, you will see the server address on the bottom. Or if you want you go go to your active sync and change the settings there. Open activsync, menu, options, on the bottom right "settings".

Last edited by tkedch; 08-12-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:41 AM
Lurker

LBushnell is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Trust me, it's there. I have google sync through active sync too.

EDIT: to be more specific, once you get to the account setting. Click outlook, then you'll be brought to the setting you put in for your google account. click next on the bottom right to the second page, you will see the server address on the bottom. Or if you want you go go to your active sync and change the settings there. Open activsync, menu, options, on the bottom right "settings".
Ok, well when I go to account settings it doesn't even show Outlook as an option. It just shows my other email accounts(Tried both)

So I went to Activesync, and clicked menu, and everything except status is greyed out. It tells me on the main activesync page that attention required and that the security certificate on the server is not valid but it won't let me change it through options. hmm.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG OPtimus M
Carrier: METROPCS

dianakcv is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Thats correct. I went into CHT editor and turned on the lockscreen and had it set to auto and it works for me. I can manually lock my phone by holding down the end call key or hitting the lock icon under my taskbar time display and it will also autolock after standby for me.

However, I have the android style lock slider that tkedch mentioned.

Locking is working for me though.

Have you tried a soft reset? (CHT editor would have automatically done a soft reset after you enabled the lockscreen and accepted the settings) If not, it wouldn't hurt to do so.

David

EDIT: Since I'm bored and needed a break from studying ACLS, I decided to try what tkedch suggested and it is working great. I have the clock displayed, notifications and weather on my lock screen and autolock works great. Thanks tkedch.

D

Thanks guys!! whoop!

and yes it would usually reset after I've set the lockscreen options, just nothing would change lol..

anyways thanks again. it worked yay!
Old 08-12-2010, 01:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Ok, well when I go to account settings it doesn't even show Outlook as an option. It just shows my other email accounts(Tried both)

So I went to Activesync, and clicked menu, and everything except status is greyed out. It tells me on the main activesync page that attention required and that the security certificate on the server is not valid but it won't let me change it through options. hmm.
You should just delete whatever you had set up and start over new. On that note, since you said everything is gray out and you can't see that email account under your email tab....... I'm having a brain freeze....... I've had this happened to me before, but I can't remember what I did to make it right. Let me think about it I'll get back to you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:30 AM
Lurker

LBushnell is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
You should just delete whatever you had set up and start over new. On that note, since you said everything is gray out and you can't see that email account under your email tab....... I'm having a brain freeze....... I've had this happened to me before, but I can't remember what I did to make it right. Let me think about it I'll get back to you.
Ok so I just re-flashed and entered the correct information this time. Kinda a pain cause I had already downloaded my 6000 texts from myphone lol. But its ok. Thanks for you're help though man!
Old 08-12-2010, 03:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

great stuff here, gonna see how it compares!

oh, and b3 for TotalCommander is out! you still have b2 even in your 8-10 rom's (its been out for almost a week+ now!)

Cheers!

( I would also like it to be known that HotFile sucks so much **** its not even funny, the "you are already downloading" issue pops up on a regular basis for me, GG HotFile GG, MediaFire FTW!)

EDIT: is BSB tweaks at fault or the rom? on the reference rom the text is shifted a bit to the right (enough for an icon even) and some is squished under the on/off switch) (on a side note, who uses the HTC/WM themes/sounds... such a waste of space)

Last edited by Kane3162; 08-12-2010 at 04:37 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Well looks like i'll be sticking with this change. Been an avid MightyRom user since day one but Full Force wasn't cutting it anymore, and lately with the overclocker i've been getting more lockups and SODs than ever...then i found the Energy Standard Reference ROM. i really like having a blank slate to put all mods on, esp adding my own apps by CAB install so the start menu isn't overcrowded. this seemed to offer the best of both worlds. Very fast ROM and so far it is taking all my mods well. Thanks for all your hard work, only thing now is i hope i'm not too tempted to flash every single update that comes out LOL

only issue i did have was i had to flash 3 times before i got it completely right. the first time one of the mods i added took away the startmenu, which i wouldn't have noticed on MightyRom FF since there is no startmenu to begin with. the 2nd time i jus did a clear storage and for some reason it loaded up Sprint settings. Does this ROM autoprovision? either way on the 3rd hard reset i made sure to carrier provision myself before anything else and so far its working well, i just know some other roms (I think it was Vins since i tried that one out most recently) that you're not supposed to run provisioning again or else it could cause issues. Hopefully this wont harm my device in the long run

Last edited by kern417; 08-12-2010 at 07:10 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development