PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 03:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 1| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariox93 View Post
Thanks. The picture sends fine if i go to new message and select it, but if im in the album and click and hit send by message, it goes to a black new message and wont let me insert it. Any idea?
Honestly, I have no clue. Im on verizon also and the cab I gave u works like a charm whether Im in the album or starting a blank MMS. Im running 21911 08/04 Release Cookie.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

choogle is a n00b
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 1| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016z

I'm on a cookie 23673 build (Jul30) and I am having some weird tethering issues. When I connect my phone to my laptop (winxp w/ activesync installed), I am able to launch internet sharing but it doesn't connect to network. However if I go to 'connection settings' and edit the sprint connection, hit OK without making any changes, and hit reconnect, it always works. It's not a big deal but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing that and is there a cab i can install to fix it? Otherwise this ROM is perfect! Thanks.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariox93 View Post
Thanks. The picture sends fine if i go to new message and select it, but if im in the album and click and hit send by message, it goes to a black new message and wont let me insert it. Any idea?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Honestly, I have no clue. Im on verizon also and the cab I gave u works like a charm whether Im in the album or starting a blank MMS. Im running 21911 08/04 Release Cookie.
I'm on VZW, running 8/1 21911 GTX, all I ever need to do in order for MMS to work properly after a flash is run carrier provisioning, found under Start>Tools. To send from Album, you have to select Mail>Picture Message. Hope this helps
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by choogle View Post
I'm on a cookie 23673 build (Jul30) and I am having some weird tethering issues. When I connect my phone to my laptop (winxp w/ activesync installed), I am able to launch internet sharing but it doesn't connect to network. However if I go to 'connection settings' and edit the sprint connection, hit OK without making any changes, and hit reconnect, it always works. It's not a big deal but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing that and is there a cab i can install to fix it? Otherwise this ROM is perfect! Thanks.
All you need to do is turn off your data connection before you tether, I set one of the quicklinks on CHT as Disconnect Data, found under Miscellaneous for this very reason.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: Movilnet

Cinderella17 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
OK, I did a little experimenting. .mov won't play on WM and crashes TCPMP, so that rules out MOV. (for me at least)

I played a 299mb video that I shot last week while riding my motorcycle. Its converted from MOV to WMV and plays fine on my computer. However, in WMM on my TP, it is very choppy and freezes and drops frames.
Edit... just realized that it was converted at 2446 kbps which is a bit high.
in light of that, what bitrate are you trying to play the movie back at. If it is recorded in a high BR like mine is, the TP may be choking on it.
I can play youtubes just fine.

I played a smaller video (8mb) and it plays fine.
One thing to consider for me is that I am playing them off my storage card which is a relatively fast Class VI card. If you are using a slower speed card like a Class II, it will effect the transfer rate significantly.
I also think the glitch or problem may be in the buffering. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there a problem with the native video drivers for the TP cooked ROMS? I may be wrong though.

David
Well I just download the videos from youtube to .mp4 format, But i think is this lasts rom cause in previously rom don't happen it was all smooth . And I have a card class 6
Old 08-06-2010, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work

Hi, has anybody else here tried the app Quick shutdown featured on XDA-devs homepage? I have and it works alot faster than slide2shutdown with the exact same functionality. We need to get NRGz's attention and and ask him to put Quick Shutdown into his rom instead of slide2shutdown.
Programs: PocketIRC, Total Commander, Sprint Arcsoft MMS, Mocha FTP, GCzII, Groovemobile, Dotfred Taskmgr, Resco Radio, Kbd Controller, Explorer ext., Opera Mobile, Opera Mini 5, Skyfire, Bing, Azgard Tower defense, Palm Heros
Old 08-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Has anyone gotten the wifi modem to work in Ubuntu? Internet sharing works great, but no wifi.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Lurker

choogle is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
All you need to do is turn off your data connection before you tether, I set one of the quicklinks on CHT as Disconnect Data, found under Miscellaneous for this very reason.
This is a great solution, thanks!
Old 08-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Dold is just getting started
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
This is just a suggestion and NOT directed at anyone personally.

I know that everyone is excited about getting new ROM's to flash but it seems like there is a ..................... ools > Carrier Provisioning. Choose your carrier and save the settings.

This is just some of the things I do and I have almost NO problems with the ROM's I flash.

I hope this helps.

David
David, having been a NOOB on this (still), and suffered for days for a possible bricked phone on a occasion, I'm pretty sure you should include the obvious Hardspl in your list...

Great guide BTW. =D>
Old 08-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Dang I need to flash soon but waiting for sense 2017

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development