PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: home tab weather animation speed stuttering ,choppy and slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maan76 View Post
Dear Dave ,you are absolutely right , july 16 is the best one ,the fastest one and the most stable, including the weather animation, weather animations speed gives me an info.about the ROM speed ,that is the reason why I am sticking with jul 16 fornow, keep trying the new ROMs then have to go back to jul16.
regarding background services ,and apps ,I have absolutely nothing extra , further more I have disabled all the unnecc. services using memmaid and sktools .
I have skinned all the icons though , but the difference in jul 16 and the other ROMs is noticeable regarding the weather animation.
You make a good point. I guess the annimation could serve as a method for gauging your phones stability/speed but take into consideration that the annimation does use quite a bit of resources. Also bare in mind that the core of the ROM is from a phone that is different than ours and much more powerful. At this point I'm sure lots of chefs are approaching the limits of tweakability for sense on our phone.

As far as being satisfied with ROMs, I go back to older builds often. I try to stay ahead of the curve so I can help out so I'm willing to love with a few problems until I can figure out how to get them sorted out. But If I get one I can't use, I'll have a flashback.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 1| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016z

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner05 View Post
another thing: top left hand side where the arksoft task manager hot spot is supposed to be, it displays "Start" once in a while. it's a very very minor bug, but just though i'd let you know anyway
Its been around for a while. Not really a bug, more of a minor annoyance.

David
Old 08-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 1| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016z

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
OK fellas, lets maintain some decorum here. Shake hands and make up.

David

Thanks David but sorry I cant waste my time and shake hands with such person , ppcgeeks class is going down (with all my respect to the smart ,helpful and clean members here) and taking me down also...I am not gonna waste my time here .
Old 08-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: home tab weather animation speed stuttering ,choppy and slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
You make a good point. I guess the annimation could serve as a method for gauging your phones stability/speed but take into consideration that the annimation does use quite a bit of resources. Also bare in mind that the core of the ROM is from a phone that is different than ours and much more powerful. At this point I'm sure lots of chefs are approaching the limits of tweakability for sense on our phone.

As far as being satisfied with ROMs, I go back to older builds often. I try to stay ahead of the curve so I can help out so I'm willing to love with a few problems until I can figure out how to get them sorted out. But If I get one I can't use, I'll have a flashback.

David

thanks Dave , you are giving the albuterol to the asthmatic pt.!! !that is the real management ! perfect, finally I found someone to understand me
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:22 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Thanks David but sorry I cant waste my time and shake hands with such person , ppcgeeks class is going down (with all my respect to the smart ,helpful and clean members here) and taking me down also...I am not gonna waste my time here .

ahhh lets remember who started the name calling....but anyways good riddance...I am pretty sure that my rep speaks millions about me helping....I have no problem helping but sometimes you should also help yourself....I was a noob and I read and read and read....never knew anything about these phones when I first joined...and I do take offense when peeps come in and act like the chef owes YOU something...jeez NRGY update every freaking day almost...he deserves respect...not "he told me it would be fixed so sad"....
Old 08-02-2010, 08:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

gunner05 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to gunner05

The facebook tabs settings is freezing up on me. Trying to authorize facebook but all I get is a blank screen or the whole thing freezing
Old 08-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Thats what I'm afraid of and don't want to happen. I used to be the moderator for www.touchsmartdevzone.com and gave up on it because of all the flaming.

That said, we all have a common bond here and a common goal. We love this ROM and we all want it to be the best one. WE can help each other but we have to cooperate.

Lets give it a try.

David
Old 08-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

ok let's keep it clean in here, it's not a verbal octagon, it's a ROM thread. Maybe check this book out at your local library.

Now let's get back to ROM discussion
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2

KuShToKeR is just getting started

i think all the haters in the last 10 pages, should go flash WEAK mightyrom....if they cant handle The Energy..... NRG updates every few days....He is on the ball with EVERYTHING you ask for. The latest n the GREATEST updates. If you expect something being updated every 2 - 4 days to run 100% without error, your in dreamland. I think he does the best rom cooking out there...Yes ive had few errors here n there.... how do you think he feels?? Hes the one that has to fix them for the people!!! ITS frustrating... yes... But trail & error bring SUCCESS!!! So everyone thats bitchn, quit cher BITCHIN!!! lol.... ... state your problem, hell get to a fix ....Just cool down, smoke one, drink a beer.....I dont care....Whatever the case... Im energyrom 4 LIFE!!!! Not sure about HALF of YOU!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2

KuShToKeR is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
ok let's keep it clean in here, it's not a verbal octagon, it's a ROM thread. Maybe check this book out at your local library.

Now let's get back to ROM discussion

LOOOOOOL!!! good one!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development