PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 06:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: MightyROM FF TP2
Carrier: Sprint

rodbac is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

Quote:
Has anyone run into anything like this?
Funny- I just came in to post something similar...

I ran the "XDA UC Customize" program to see what it did (I still don't know), and when it reset, my backlight was set to dim instantly. I went and changed it back, but thought it odd.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:02 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk187 View Post
How exactly does stealth tethering work? Do you just use internet connection sharing?
Yes...connect to your pc with a usb and click the Internet Sharing when it comes up instead of Activesync, or Direct Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodbac View Post
Funny- I just came in to post something similar...

I ran the "XDA UC Customize" program to see what it did (I still don't know), and when it reset, my backlight was set to dim instantly. I went and changed it back, but thought it odd.
XDA UC is a program that allows you to place several cab files and other file types into a folder so that when you flash you don't have to reinstall everything...search the forums there instructions on how to use it if you are interested...other people use Sashimi as well...I on the other hand make super cabs that make reflashing a breeze...
Old 05-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
Thanks you guys...
one more...

Is there any way to get rid of the WM6.5 Start Menu, particularly the silly pages of hex-arrayed of app icons... replace it with something else?
This may be a page back for me (a few pages for those with default forum settings) but since there have been multiple posts about the start menu in 6.5 I through id post!

I also HAVE the hex 6.5 start menu, its retarded as hell and alot of people seem to agree (one i found funny and most notable was GoodThings2Life who makes the great Stock cleanup/tweak cab), However Awesomebar, quickmenu and the like are NOT what (most) people are looking for!

Here is the 6.1 start menu (all programs) that most are talking about:
http://pocketnow.com/html/portal/rev...view/img29.jpg

Lose the scroll bar, be able to change it to 4x5,5x5,5x4 and I will make sure to jizz all over myself (without going back to 6.1 or having to use an entire GUI replacement program, since I know people like to say "well why not use spbshells garbage" -ok i added garbage... but its crap to me)

OR the mod done by Cookie for the program selection menu (for the quicklinks) that looks like a modification of ManillaMenu but without folders (if you have CHT with CHTE you can select the option for 4 or 5 rows and achieve the same result i desire to see when I hit the "start" button)

I have looked at a few mod programs but ultimately I haven't been able to straighten out the stupid mess of a HONEYCOMB that is the 6.5 start menu

In a off topic note, I have decided not to get the Evo due to the retarded $40 extra they want to charge on top of the "Simply Everything" plan that I have... I guess to them, there is no difference between the Everything Data and Simple Everything plans... screw Sprint, probably going to go to TMob for the HD2 after my contract expires! (its funny I have to use an Airave to get Sprint service at home and work but TMob who has been shit on signal for me in the past has perfect signal... times are a-changing)

Old 05-22-2010, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

snowmaiden11 is becoming a great contributor

So if you use the following cab, it'll straighten out the honeycomb - it works very nicely if you want everything in a row (thanks to flyer2114 for pointing it out to me). I'm pretty sure there's a 4x4 grid cab floating around the Favorite Cabs thread if that's more your style

Hope that helps!
Attached Files
File Type: cab DH ListViewStartMenuWVGA.cab (81.5 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmaiden11 View Post
So if you use the following cab, it'll straighten out the honeycomb - it works very nicely if you want everything in a row (thanks to flyer2114 for pointing it out to me). I'm pretty sure there's a 4x4 grid cab floating around the Favorite Cabs thread if that's more your style

Hope that helps!
i like it in "row"+s... will look around more (i spend a week on it before and came up with nothing
Old 05-22-2010, 10:23 PM

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
This may be a page back for me (a few pages for those with default forum settings) but since there have been multiple posts about the start menu in 6.5 I through id post!

I also HAVE the hex 6.5 start menu, its retarded as hell and alot of people seem to agree (one i found funny and most notable was GoodThings2Life who makes the great Stock cleanup/tweak cab), However Awesomebar, quickmenu and the like are NOT what (most) people are looking for!

Here is the 6.1 start menu (all programs) that most are talking about:
http://pocketnow.com/html/portal/rev...view/img29.jpg

Lose the scroll bar, be able to change it to 4x5,5x5,5x4 and I will make sure to jizz all over myself (without going back to 6.1 or having to use an entire GUI replacement program, since I know people like to say "well why not use spbshells garbage" -ok i added garbage... but its crap to me)

OR the mod done by Cookie for the program selection menu (for the quicklinks) that looks like a modification of ManillaMenu but without folders (if you have CHT with CHTE you can select the option for 4 or 5 rows and achieve the same result i desire to see when I hit the "start" button)

I have looked at a few mod programs but ultimately I haven't been able to straighten out the stupid mess of a HONEYCOMB that is the 6.5 start menu

In a off topic note, I have decided not to get the Evo due to the retarded $40 extra they want to charge on top of the "Simply Everything" plan that I have... I guess to them, there is no difference between the Everything Data and Simple Everything plans... screw Sprint, probably going to go to TMob for the HD2 after my contract expires! (its funny I have to use an Airave to get Sprint service at home and work but TMob who has been shit on signal for me in the past has perfect signal... times are a-changing)
I believe what some where looking for was the All Programs from Sense 2.1...

If you want old stuff use old ROMs...if not use new ROMs its just that simple...

I am not trying to argue its just that you leave yourself open for such things...

As for your off topic point...don't ISPs charge more the faster the internet you get?...Yes...so why is it so bad that they are charging for faster internet...from what I hear it will be in the 3-6mbps area which is pretty fast considering a wireless network coverage...when I worked for at&t we would put people on hold and laugh about this kind of thing...

P.S. Glad your on stock hope its what you enjoy...
Old 05-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
I believe what some where looking for was the All Programs from Sense 2.1...

If you want old stuff use old ROMs...if not use new ROMs its just that simple...

I am not trying to argue its just that you leave yourself open for such things...

As for your off topic point...don't ISPs charge more the faster the internet you get?...Yes...so why is it so bad that they are charging for faster internet...from what I hear it will be in the 3-6mbps area which is pretty fast considering a wireless network coverage...when I worked for at&t we would put people on hold and laugh about this kind of thing...

P.S. Glad your on stock hope its what you enjoy...
I like new, as in going straight to all programs new, the only thing I dont like is the zigzag hex bullcrap, its that simple, and others agree, the whole "if you like old use old" argument is outdated and no longer relevant these days, im sorry if you use it out of context, but when you reply i picture myself pointing to you and yelling "thats all you can say, thats all you can say" -repeat EDIT: and the sense "programs" tab would be nice, but still not what I want... EDIT2: lets put it this way, I have tried every tweak and even paid for help with Vista/Win7 help for the SEARCH feature, yet even for them (which is why I got refunded) it would STILL miss stuff in a search! (yes again tweaked /pro setup including file info/countless other reg and otherwise tweaks), I would give my left testicle for XP Search, it was "sometimes" (READ: less then 5400RPM 2MB cache HDD and less then 512MB Ram) slow, but it ALWAYS found my files! so while I like the NEW Windows 7 OS, the NEW search feature included can die in a fire

OT: the problem is, 1 I pay for the simply everything, and with the introduction of the Everything data, the only difference is voice, since thats the case either the name or description needs to change since it no longer covers "simply everything", in addition (and I have said it before) where I work/live I have no 4G (15~ miles away) and while the MAP says I should have FULL 3G/2G (EvDO/1xRTT respectively), I am stuck using the Airave! I only want the Evo really for a few things: bigger screen, FM, HDMI out, multitouch! (for gaming NOT requiring net connection)...

and im on stock because i took my TP2 in because my USB connector was having issues and they didnt repair it just replaced it... and I was considering selling it to get the Evo for the above reasons...

Last edited by Kane3162; 05-22-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: MightyROM FF TP2

rodbac is just getting started

Quote:
XDA UC is a program that allows you to place several cab files and other file types into a folder so that when you flash you don't have to reinstall everything...search the forums there instructions on how to use it if you are interested...other people use Sashimi as well...I on the other hand make super cabs that make reflashing a breeze...
'

Thanks, tj. I kinda sorta gathered that much and thought I'd be able to fake my way through it (I'm a software dev), but when it does nothing to the eye, yeah, I guess I need to read up. Thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 Verizon
Carrier: Telkomsel TelkomFlexy

xicloe is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
Go to your SMS Inbox...click menu->tools->options...at the bottom is a tab that says storage...this may be what you are looking for...
Are u sure this, chech box will make my sms go in to storage card not in my gsm sim ???

Oh yah, One question for the audiens, , how can I do some setting MMS in my unlocked verizon TP2, with my gsm card in my country, did u all folks have any idea ?

Last edited by xicloe; 05-23-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
and I was considering selling it to get the Evo for the above reasons...
Please do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodbac View Post
'

Thanks, tj. I kinda sorta gathered that much and thought I'd be able to fake my way through it (I'm a software dev), but when it does nothing to the eye, yeah, I guess I need to read up. Thanks.
No problem man...its a little tricky at first but once you figure it out its a pretty cool feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicloe View Post
Are u sure this, chech box will make my sms go in to storage card not in my gsm sim ???

Oh yah, One question for the audiens, , how can I do some setting MMS in my unlocked verizon TP2, with my gsm card in my country, did u all folks have any idea ?
When I had my HTC Mogul that setting was there and I had no SIM card and it saved to my SC...so I am guessing it would be the same with the Touch Pro 2...

--------------

So peaceful in this thread....wheres Tink?? hehehe
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2