PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Whatcha think?
LOVE IT! 272 76.19%
hate it.... 85 23.81%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [PRJ][ROM][CDMA]Rhodium Elite Project - RC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstainHellbring View Post
I have no idea where you all are getting this instability claims from it runs smooth and perfect for me, I do know we have an issue with ConnectionSetupAuto for GSM use but thats being working on by team now. and HELL NO it isnt bloated at all
Well I have been running this rom since last night and for the most part its been running good. Now on a soft reset it take a while for things to get up to speed but after that then its fine. The only other thing though is the high percentage of memory usage, with minimal use I am using 70% no matter what I am doing. Once I start using it heavily it gets up to 85%, I thought that was kind of high even compared to the stock sprint rom with no tweaks.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch pro 2

jathomas0910 is a n00b

I thought so too, but my stock sprint rom used about they same amont of memory...i flashed Energy's leo rom and it's only using about 45-60% usage
Old 10-31-2009, 04:25 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro / Touch Pro2 / Dell Axim X51v

CLHatch is keeping up the good workCLHatch is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to CLHatch Send a message via MSN to CLHatch Send a message via Yahoo to CLHatch Send a message via Skype™ to CLHatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Well I have been running this rom since last night and for the most part its been running good. Now on a soft reset it take a while for things to get up to speed but after that then its fine. The only other thing though is the high percentage of memory usage, with minimal use I am using 70% no matter what I am doing. Once I start using it heavily it gets up to 85%, I thought that was kind of high even compared to the stock sprint rom with no tweaks.
When looking at the memory usage, consider that you have Titanium and Manila loaded at the same time. Will probably be changing the "Desktop" softkey to unload one when loading the other, to avoid that.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Elite Team Member

Send a message via AIM to CLHatch Send a message via MSN to CLHatch Send a message via Yahoo to CLHatch Send a message via Skype™ to CLHatch

No love for the boot screens, eh? OK, guess I'll need to switch to Decaf when in Photoshop next time.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:49 PM

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLHatch View Post
When looking at the memory usage, consider that you have Titanium and Manila loaded at the same time. Will probably be changing the "Desktop" softkey to unload one when loading the other, to avoid that.
Ok, I guess that makes sense is there anyway do disable titanium since I don't use it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLHatch View Post
No love for the boot screens, eh? OK, guess I'll need to switch to Decaf when in Photoshop next time.
I like the splash screen personally, but where is all the traffic? I can't be the only one that don't have problems with this rom.

Last edited by themuffinman; 10-31-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Elite Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Ok, I guess that makes sense is there anyway do disable titanium since I don't use it?

I like the splash screen personally, but where is all the traffic? I can't be the only one that isn't have problems with this rom.
On disabling Titanium, yes, very easy. The "Desktop" softkey doesn't actually switch to "Titanium" per-say, it just switches between TouchFlo Detacher, to Today, to SecondToday. We defaulted Today to showing Titanium. So, go to
Code:
Start/Settings/Today/Items
and uncheck "Windows Default", that will turn off "Titanium" on the Today screen.

Incidentally, we defaulted SecondToday to showing HomeScreen++, but with all the rows turned off; main reason for HomeScreen++ was for the "Tray" on the bottom.

On the traffic, VERY good question.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:59 PM

Thanks cl, I had figured it out earlier, anyway atleast you guys have 1 follower. I like the rom so far and I will probably keep using it until y'all release something else.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work

I was planning to try this rom next (currently on Mighty) but the few comments and little traffic in this thread make me think I should wait for RC2. I do appreciate the work that has been done so far, keep pounding away at it.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: verizon

football0552 is just getting started

Flashed this rom first the other night and while I definitely wouldn't call it unstable, it did seem laggy all over. When I try it again I'll be sure to turn off homescreen++ as I would only consider using titanium or manilla.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

Deuce08 is keeping up the good workDeuce08 is keeping up the good work

I flashed this ROM first because, well it's Elite and who doesn't want to be Elite?

But I succumbed to the majority and it wreaked havoc on my TP2. Switched over to Energy and after a few minor adjustments it works. Probably try Juicy and Mighty too but I'm going to go back to stock VZW since I hear that's how to remove splash screens.

Don't get me wrong, it has LOADS of sweet eyecandy extras, but it ends up bloating too much. Something I've found on both ROMs is that any task manager or gyrator running causes freezing issues.

Oh, and no other way to remove those splash screens eh?

Last edited by Deuce08; 11-01-2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: I cannot spell.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development