PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 04:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: |ROM|12.18.10|6.5|userROM|21916|Barebones

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusetan View Post
is stealth tethering cooked in?
Please read above.. It's a Barebones rom, nothing in it, all ready for you to install everything you want if your a Sprint user.

Barebones=Nothing installed

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 CDMA
Carrier: Boost/att

jkraze is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I think this rom is pretty cool, but I am having a problem with quickgps and its location settings. everytime I try to turn it "ON" it keeps tuning its self "OFF" ...how can i fix this?
Old 12-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

hmm .. sorry about that , I'm prolly missing a package , when I stop working 13 hour days I'll sit down and figure it out . unless someone else wants to , I'll prolly have a solution after christmas . again I apologize for this .
Old 12-23-2010, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well I noticed that check mark for automatically decline is not visible, so maybe its something in the Reg files...I would look and try but I dont know exactly where that section is located lol
Old 12-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Impressive, on startup, only 7.60 storage memory used and 126mb program memory free.

Edit, over all thoughts after playing with it for a while. Not meaning to insult, if this is your first public rom, just some things to help you out.

1. It really needs to cleaned up, in the start menu there is about 5 folders (from the default HTC folders) that are empty, if you go into Program files you will see a bunch of "Sprint" apps empty folders as well.

2. It's not really a "universal" rom as it's more customized for sprint (menus like Location settings show sprint and other things in the rom). I guess this is not a big deal as everyone who replied to this message besides me is on Sprint (I'm a VZW customer). After flashing, it connected to VZW fine and I was able to make a call tho..No data tho

3. It needs a com manager, only on it is a Phone/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth one, nothing for a data connection.

Over all pretty fast and lots of memory but, no eye candy is right, just the default theme with 6.5 menu. It's a nice rom if your on Sprint and want to only really run Android or start from scratch.

I think I will move on tho....THanks !
I agree with this, the ROM is great and quick but these little quirks are keeping me from it, the sprint issue doesnt bother me as I have sprint but the quick GPS, comm manager and empty folders bothers me right now, Just fix these issues and Id have a keeper on my hands
Old 12-26-2010, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

So excited I hope that could be my xmas present the phone has a lot of potential, its just that were not using it right.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc tp2 verizon
Carrier: vodaphone

krazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuff

hey
tried the rom for a couple of days.
liked the extra ram and storage space.
but was having a lo of SOD's. phone wouldnt power on on pressing the back light button.
Also every time the auto lock went on the screed would black out and the phone wouldnt come on except for a SR or a call to myself...
had to boot back to a more stable rom...
But IMHO its a good rom if you can sort out the SOD issue.
Btw I did TAsk 29 and clear storagge before i loaded the rom so a bad flash is kind alow possiblility??
Cheers
Krazy

phone pyramid
imate kjam to asus P527 to HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 12-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

I've been using it for months now and never had any problems with SOD so I am not what to tell you .. :\ sorry about that ..
Old 12-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb;
I've been using it for months now and never had any problems with SOD so I am not what to tell you .. :\ sorry about that ..
Have you been overclocking it? If so which program are you using?
Old 12-27-2010, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

jsgross is just getting started

How do you set up network connections so that IE, text and email work?

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development