PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Run Task 29 from SD card ,Task 29 RUU_signed.NBH (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132177)

Maan76 08-23-2010 10:17 PM

Run Task 29 from SD card ,Task 29 RUU_signed.NBH

2 Attachment(s)
to all who have been asking about the .NBH file for the task 29 ,I was able to extract it from the .exe
I have not tested it,since I like to run task 29 from my PC to avoid unintentional side effects of running it from the SD card
this is my 2 cents contribution for PPC geeks for today :welcome1:

any seedback is appreciated

hitting thanx is also appreciated :occasion5:

ai6908 08-24-2010 09:39 AM

Re: Run Task 29 from SD card ,Task 29 RUU_signed.NBH

Hmmm what are the side effects of flashing it from SDCard?

info[]box1 08-24-2010 12:24 PM

Great job...&...Thanks hit of course...Brave Soul needed to test...You will be rewarded with many many thanks...:occasion5:

boggsie 08-24-2010 01:39 PM

It is my understanding that the most important part of the TASK29 process, is the command that the executable sends at the conclusion of the flash process. Without a file to flash, the process will not execute, thus folks started out with radio files and then settled on a boot image as the least intrusive flashable object. So, if you extract the nbh from a task29 self-extracting archive, you'll more than likely end up with an *.nbh object, which consists of a boot splash screen.

I'd love to be corrected if I am wrong, but this is my understanding.

Best regards,
-boggsie

<edit> and this probably should be merged on to the end of the existing thread which covers task29 ...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116571

eric3938 08-24-2010 03:28 PM

Ok, I've not flashed from the SD card as of yet, but it is my understanding that the *.nbh file on the storage card must be on the root and renamed to RHODIMG.nbh for it to be found by the bootloader? If you flash task29 in this way then the task29 nbh file will be named to RHODIMG.nbh, and you would then need a PC or other device to rename the ROM file that you wish to flash from the storage card. Either I'm missing something or it just don't make sense to me to flash task29 from the storage card?

info[]box1 08-24-2010 03:41 PM

the nbh can re-named rhodimg from the tp2. wideawake sd flasher app will find nbh on root of sd card and re-name it correctly. correct bootloader mode will find any nbh file named rhodimg.

Brave Soul needed for testing...Many many thanks will be *pif paid in full...

boggsie 08-24-2010 04:39 PM

I am all but certain that the *.nbh file is either a radio or a boot splash image. The wipe portion of TASK29 is accomplished by the RomUpdateUtility.exe file that is included in the TASK29.exe self-extracting-archive.

Best regards,
-boggsie

00tj00 08-24-2010 05:27 PM

GOT IT. Man, sat here scratching my head for like 30 min. Even after trying it last night... Forgot this card would have to be formated to fat 32... feel kinda stupid.

It shows the nbh as "splash1 splash2" which i thought was odd.

Sweet!! now i get to carry a spare card with me everywhere so i can flash on the go

info[]box1 08-24-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggsie (Post 1922177)
It is my understanding that the most important part of the TASK29 process, is the command that the executable sends at the conclusion of the flash process. Without a file to flash, the process will not execute, thus folks started out with radio files and then settled on a boot image as the least intrusive flashable object. So, if you extract the nbh from a task29 self-extracting archive, you'll more than likely end up with an *.nbh object, which consists of a boot splash screen.

I'd love to be corrected if I am wrong, but this is my understanding.

Best regards,
-boggsie

<edit> and this probably should be merged on to the end of the existing thread which covers task29 ...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116571

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggsie (Post 1922445)
I am all but certain that the *.nbh file is either a radio or a boot splash image. The wipe portion of TASK29 is accomplished by the RomUpdateUtility.exe file that is included in the TASK29.exe self-extracting-archive.

Best regards,
-boggsie

boggsie you sound very very confident in your post. until further grounds is gained with actual fact though testing,..:evil3: im with you.

00tj00 08-24-2010 06:15 PM

Well it seemed to work. Any way to sure fire test it? It left my radio intact but changed my splash screen back to the black one.