PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

Hey guys so i have been using the 6.5.3 version of this rom for months and i wanted to try out the FPSCE with is the playstation EMU for our phones. I cannot get it to load on this rom. I figured maybe it was because it was the 6.5.3 cversion so i switched to the 6.5 version of it aND I GET THE same problem. SOoooo i was wondering if there was anyone who used FPDCE with this rom if they could post the INI file they are using and or maybe the steps that they have taken to get it work. Thx so much guys!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1
Carrier: Sprint

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

@sharkiefans - having some issues or uncertainty in connecting or using sharkierom v5.1 to be a wifi router/accesspoint -

I no longer have active sprint data/voice service on the TP2 with sharkie rom installed. I have transferred my sprint services to the photon motorola. I still wanted to use the TP2 as a wifi access point or router for other devices that could connect to that. I have had no luck trying to figure out how to get this to work.

Scenario 1 :

a) connect TP2 (with no sprint voice/data service) to my home wifi and connect a wired usb cable to my tablet pc for tethering and allowing wifi for my tablet via the TP2 which is connected via its wifi to my home router.

b) scenario 2) connect TP2 to public wifi and tether via usb cable or device wifi to TP2 and work that way.

Mind that this TP2 has had its sprint services transferred to another phone so trying phone as modem / or sprint network under "ICS" included in sharkie rom has not helped.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

@ steveoski, sorry I've never messed with that stuff and really don't even know where to begin to help you out, sorry

@ vancomycin, I tried to get this to work but I couldn't figure it out either... Sorry. Hopefully someone else can chime in with some insight.

@ Everyone else, so the day as come when I've decided to officially discontinue work on this ROM. Life has been a bit rough of late. I've not had any time to work on issues that you guys have mentioned or any WM stuff at all really. What little time I do have I would like to dedicate to Android and my EVO.

That being said, I'm going to upload my kitchen for those of you who would like to keep updating this ROM yourselves or those of you who've always thought about tinkering and just never got around to it. For the most part the kitchen will be set up as v5.1 was. There will be an "Unused" folder in the kitchen that will have some other stuff that I've used in the past or thought about using, but never actually did. I realize it's a bit late for anyone to start really digging hardcore into WM, but if you like my ROM and have always wished that you could get rid of this or add that, then this will be your chance. Besides, it's a fun hobby!

I'm going to start a new kitchen thread today or tomorrow just so that any kitchen/cooking questions can be asked in a separate space and not clutter up this thread. I will be keeping up with that thread and always be available to teach and answer questions about how to use the kitchen and what not.

For those of you who've never tried your hand at cooking ROMs with an EVK kitchen, it's waaaaayyy easier than you think, especially if your goal is only to add/remove some programs.

I'll hit this thread up and let you know when the kitchen thread is up and posted.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work

Nooooooo.....!!!I still have a few months until upgrade time. I'll keep my eye out for an Evo SharkieROM for my wife's phone.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Sad day, but eventually it would come. Great work @Sharkie405! My favorite "all around" (I've flashed them all and made my own) ROM hands down. Godspeed with your EVO ventures. I now have my wife's old EVO as a WIFI/media device now currently running a Sense 3.0 custom ROM and will def "eat" what your "cooking"!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

@Sharkie405 Thank you for the amazing effort that you have put forth for our community. I am actually getting emotional as I type this... I guess it feels like I am losing a good friend. I know that is not true, but somehow it still feels that way. I love your work and your personality and your helpfulness. Thank you just is not enough...

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 08-21-2011 at 10:53 AM. Reason: ... added picture
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor

@sharkie - thanks so much for all your support and allowing me to use your work as my first ROM. You have been very helpful with all your answers and time spent with my inquiries.

A special thanks to all the others here who also took the time to answer all my troubleshooting questions.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Ok, so the kitchen is posted in the 1st post of this thread just after the ROM downloads.

I decided there probably wasn't going to be enough interest to warrant starting a new thread over it. Due to this same reason, I'm not going to start a how to tutorial on it either. As questions come in on things I'll answer them and if I feel that a tutorial on certain things seems like it's needed then I'll write them. Just a couple of need to knows for you to get started:

1) The kitchen will trigger your AV (Anti-Virus) and your AV will probably delete (quarantine) necessary parts. If that happens, you will have to re-unzip the kitchen and start over. So make sure you exclude it's location from your AV. Don't worry, there are no viruses in the kitchen.

2) You need to have full administrative capabilities on your PC. To do this in Windows7 and Vista, I think, you need to change you "User Account Control Settings" to NEVER NOTIFY.

3) Read the first few posts of this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...aboration.html

At least up through post #10 as that post has good first time use "how tos".

This kitchen also contains a ready to go WM Build 29022.

My kitchen started out from that kitchen. It's an Ervius Visual Kitchen. There is a newer version of this kitchen somewhere on XDA, but I'd already got this one set up the way I like it and didn't really see any advantage in starting over so late in the game.

I love to answer questions and help you guys out so don't hesitate to ask anything! Have fun!

Oh, and Tink you haven't lost anybody. I'm still right here!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-21-2011 at 05:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Oh, and Tink you haven't lost anybody. I'm still right here!
That makes me very happy Sharkie405!! I am looking forward to seeing you around!
Old 08-22-2011, 02:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 Verizon
Carrier: Mobifone VN

loithuxua is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM & Kitchen★Final Update★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense20

I'm using your rom and overclock with WiMoSpeed: V1.08... seem to be stable and fast at 768 mhz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development