PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 09:10 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

my keyboard config is uploaded incase anyone wants to take a peek

@sharkie, this is the 1st i used the config to change actual kb keys and not just the hard keys. the reason behind "fn+del=back key" is...the only way i can access txt messages (other than staart menu) is flip out kb for cht landscape and there is the sms widget on home (tabs disabled) so that way when i reply to txt my kb is already open and ready to type. this forces me to use keyboard for txt instead of onscreen kb (like i have always used) its faster to reply this way and i now actually "use" the keyboard.

the reason for "fn+space=soft reset" was in case anything happened and i needed a fast but sure way to reset (if screen froze and couldnt access psshut) this way i just flip kb out and hit the 2 keys for a sr.

mute button seemed like best candidate for camera;
as phone to comm manager;
start seemed best for home;
back key for rotate (the arrow representing "flip screen left";
power for lock device
and endkey to task manager.

so there is a reason for what every key does and it just makes sense for me and what i use...it may open others to more options. i personally dont like/need all the click, double, triple and long so i stick w/ the basics of single click and long press.

i just started getting memory out in opera but i dont care cause the only reason i havent gotten rid of it yet is for the last 4 bookmarks are empty and not sure what i want there yet.

for those that like the cht manila locker but whenever you used it it would be buggy (for me sometimes it wouldnt bring up the lockscreen from suspend causeing all hard keys useless unless you went to lock then unlock) i have it set now and havent noticed any failures. here is what i did...in cht editor i have lock on and everything else is off (suspend, plug/unplug, etc.) then my power button 1 click is set to lock device and my power off settings are off but backlight is on. so this way im forced to click power which will lock device then another click suspends device. so when i un-suspend lock comes up and good to go. you can mess w/ the power/backlight options but i think if you have power off set to on then you might get the cht manila lock bugs as above. i never used the backlight option before but now since power off is set to off, if i forget to click power/lock then the backlight will save on battery. i noticed if i do forget it does drain battery alittle but agian forces me to remember to power/lock it then suspend.

@sharkie i updated my motweets (uninstalled old) now i dont have your icon even thou its in same location? also whenever i open motweets it will deny my account and then i have to select my account agian until eventually it accepts? is this something others see, any suggestions. i used sk tools to uninstall but didnt deleted any of the "suggested" registry entries such as icon "direct" or lnks an such.

i had to drop my oc from 748 to 729 because of weird issues randomly happening... like a screen freeze.

im not sure about the rss tab but i never can seem to get it to show my engadget feeds...gives error, so i always access via rss widget.

but everything is still running smooth and i dont plan on a hard reset anytime soon, thanks agian boss.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KeyboardConfig.zip (1.0 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by kjhadfield; 08-02-2011 at 09:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I have the shortcut in my moTweets cab as moTweets.lnk. You may have to rename that shortcut manually. I think I changed it from whatever the default was.

I'm glad to hear it's still going strong.

What's the longest you've gone without a soft reset?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 US Cellular version
Carrier: Tmobile

Buffmaster is just getting started

I have a silly question, a repeat of a previous question, and then an inquiry.

First the silly ? has to do with Keyboard config. After reading your posts I tried to change some keys. On my tilt I had a number of keys changed, but only 1 purpose/key. When I tried to had a 2nd function to a key..for example I wanted start menu key on long press to activate resco file explorer. Which it did, but quick click wouldn't do anything. I selected multiple actions but only one function works for me, what am I doing wrong?

Repeat question has to do with IM/email services with no data/wifi connection on tmobile network. On the non smartphones you can connect to say windows live and receive/send emails and it counts as a text message. However the tp2 and other phones I've tested(vibrant, 3gslide) only want to work over wifi(I have a prepaid plan, data is not an option with my plan). Any suggestions?

The inquiry has to do with overclocking on Sharkie's rom. I want to give overclocking a shot, and I was wondering if others have stable settings set up to give me a good starting point?

I've only had your rom about a week Sharkie, but I really enjoy it. I had always stayed with mostly 2.1 on my gsm tp2 before for the little extra speed and stability(I can't find any on cdma) but I really like your 2.5.

And I like your patients and way you try to responde to questions and problems as well. A lot of cooks get testy with noobs questions like mine, which is understandable.

Michael
Old 08-05-2011, 09:33 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

As far as keyboard config., you have to to set both actions. You have to reset the "Default key action" otherwise you will only get one. So:
-set multiple actions (which you did)
-set the "long pressing" of that key to file explorer (which you did)
-set "click" or whatever to "Default key action". That should set clicking it to open up the start menu, like it's "default" action.

I'm a bit confused on your second question. You have no data right? But you can't use wifi either? Wifi doesn't use data at all. I only have my TP2 connected to my wifi network since my plan is on my EVO now, but I can still receive email via Windows Live through wifi. Sorry for not understanding your question exactly.

As far as OC'ing, most people have said that this ROM runs stable at 768 or 769, I believe. I've never OC'ed so I can't personally speak to it, but I've seen that number mentioned several times in the thread.

I'm glad you're enjoying the ROM. Don't hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have.

I don't understand people getting testy with noob questions. These days since I'm into trying to learn android heavily now, I find myself a noob once again. Having to deal with a'holes who are too "busy" to answer questions pisses me off and only reaffirms my stance on trying to make a difference in this area, at least when it comes to my work.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-05-2011 at 03:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

I entierly agree.

As ive told you befor, when I first started messin around with my tp2, you were the first to actually respond to any question I had.

Even over on xda, I posted a wp7 skin that someone requested for me to make and he was full of noob questions and comments.

I did my best to answer him and teach him what was what, but a few days ago someone pulled a hudge noob move and installed my htc keyboard skin on an asus m10

so he asked why it wasnt working and the guy who asked me to make the skins went off off and called him stupid for trying to use it on the wrong phone.

Theres no need for that.

Like you told me once, "Everyone is a noob at somepoint, and all the big dogs nowdays seem to forget what it was like to have to ask questions"
Old 08-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: sprint

wgdz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I updated to this rom and wow it's fast and I love it... BUT I can't receive any phone calls?! Anyone know why? I can make calls though but when my friends call me nothing shows up. Any suggestions? I did the Task29, installed opera mini and wimo for oc... Thnx!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

No, no one reported that issue ever. I would reflash and test this area out before you install anything. Sorry, I don't have more info for you, but like I said I've never heard of this before.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 US Cellular version
Carrier: Tmobile

Buffmaster is just getting started

Repeat question has to do with IM/email services with no data/wifi connection on tmobile network.

Sorry for the confusing. I do have wifi yes, but I don't have an option for a data plan for my prepaid plan. What I need is an app, or a way to connect to windows live without wifi or data. On the tmobile network they have built in apps on their non smartphones which connects using sms services. I know the email is java. I imagine MSN is as well. On my other phone I was able to be logged into MSN throughout the day and chat with ones as they enter. However on the TP2 and the android phones I've tried, they only want to log into IM clients using data.

T-mobile won't help me out, they say the service works fine on all HTC phones, which it doesn't.

Thanks for instructions and responses for other 2 questions. I will try that later on when I wake up more.

Michael

Last edited by Buffmaster; 08-05-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: sprint

wgdz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The reflash did the trick! Weird issue, thanx for the advice ^^
Old 08-06-2011, 09:12 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sweet! I'm glad you got that working. I understand how frustrating that could be.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development