PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 06:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM & Kitchen★Final Update★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense20

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the input. I'm glad you're enjoying the ROM!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM & Kitchen★Final Update★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense20

SHARKIE

Its been a real pleasure.

I gave my sister my TP2 and she is running your V5.2 which i think was better then 5.1.

anyways, Im sad to see you went to the EVO as I went to the EPIC but maybe we'll cross paths again.

Like ive said its been a real pleasure man!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:05 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

That's cool, but odd. I didn't think many people had tried v5.2 I'm glad she's liking it and thanks for passing on the work! How are you liking the epic? I'm loving the EVO.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I see that several of you have downloaded the kitchen. Anyone messed with it yet?
Old 08-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I see that several of you have downloaded the kitchen. Anyone messed with it yet?
Hey @Sharkie405! I have not had a chance to download your kitchen, but I want to!! I will let you know!! Thanks again!!

Old 08-26-2011, 02:20 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
Damn Sharkie, I left almost a year ago for the epic, but alway like to come back and read your updates, and even once in a while flash a rom my tp2 just to play. It's kinda a sad day because it pretty much marks the end of native tp2 development here at ppcgeeks. You carried the torch here a long time. Thanks for everything, and I hope you're enjoying android development as much as I am.

Sent from shane6374's Epic via Tapatalk

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Long Live the TP2!
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

alohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sharkie, I am downloading the kitchen, and look forward to learning how to tweak ROMs. I've always enjoyed your work, and want to thank you for sharing your tools with us. The sources you mentioned should help me get started, but I'll be sure to ask if I get stuck anywhere in the process of building a new SharkieROM.

If at first you don't succeed,
skydiving isn't for you.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
Damn Sharkie, I left almost a year ago for the epic, but alway like to come back and read your updates, and even once in a while flash a rom my tp2 just to play. It's kinda a sad day because it pretty much marks the end of native tp2 development here at ppcgeeks. You carried the torch here a long time. Thanks for everything, and I hope you're enjoying android development as much as I am.

Sent from shane6374's Epic via Tapatalk
Android development is slow going for me. It's hard to get WM out of my head, but I'm learning. I do love Android. Thanks for stopping by to say hi! It's good to see you still check in to PPC Geeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohanela View Post
Sharkie, I am downloading the kitchen, and look forward to learning how to tweak ROMs. I've always enjoyed your work, and want to thank you for sharing your tools with us. The sources you mentioned should help me get started, but I'll be sure to ask if I get stuck anywhere in the process of building a new SharkieROM.
I'm glad to see you still around and that you'll be tinkering with the kitchen. Thanks for all your support!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:44 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

About 100 of you have downloaded the kitchen, so here's a few helpful hints about adding/removing things from the kitchen that some of you might need to know to save you some time and avoid your ROMs not booting:

-To start the "visual" part of the kitchen, click on "Calkulin's HTC Kitchen", then option <1> Build a ROM.

-If you remove or deselect any cabs or XMLs, you need to remove that cab/XML line from Manila1.txt. The Manila1.txt file is located in TouchPro2/6.5.X/01 Packages/Tweaks-6.5.x/files or Touch_Pro2/6.5/01 Packages/Tweaks - 6.5/files (for 6.5) You can edit this with Notepad. Simply delete the entire line of text to do with that cab/XML. The Manila1.txt file is what tells it what to install at boot up. If you remove a cab/XML and don't remove that line from the Manila1.txt file, when the ROM boots up it will look for that cab/XML to install. When it can't find it, you will get an error and the boot up process will stop.

The same thing goes for trying to add a cab or XML. You must add this line to the Manila1.txt file. If you don't add the line, your ROM will boot up just fine, but your cab/XML won't have been installed.

-If you don't ever plan on using 6.5 or 6.5.X you can simply remove whichever entire package from the kitchen with no harm done. Remember 21916 is 6.5 and 29020/29022 are 6.5.X.

-If you plan on cooking 6.5, you need to remove the "ZZ_231xx - CID Fix" from OEM/Touch_Pro2/0409. That package is the caller id fix for 6.5.X ROMs and will mess with 6.5 if it's included. It's not needed for 6.5 ROMs.

Also, the Threaded email package is only for 6.5.X ROMs, as it is clearly marked. If included in a 6.5 ROM, I think you'll get an error during boot up which always means your ROM will not fully boot.

-OEMs cannot be "unchecked" in the visual part of the kitchen like the rest of the packages can be. You must actually remove that package from the kitchen. I usually kept things that I was removing temporarily in the "Unused" folder.

-As a general rule in my kitchen, anything that's numbered or has a "Z" or "ZZ" or is in anyway made to be in a specific order, should be kept that way. Many packages must be cooked in a specific order, otherwise things will be screwy.

-If you don't plan on using the Sprint Tabs you can remove the entire "04 Sense Sprint Tabs" package with no harm done. This package has it's own Tab control file so removing the entire package does not require editing the "Generic Tab Control File". If you want to remove only one of the Sprint tabs, but keep the other, then you will have to edit the Sprint Tab Control file.

-If you remove a Sense Tab package, you must edit the "Tab Control File" a.k.a. "26948339_manila". Each tab is numbered and they must be kept in numerical order or Sense won't load. For example, let's say you wanted to remove the Stock tab. After removing that package, go to the "Z Generic Tab Control File" package and open up the 26948339_manila file with notepad. Stock is listed there as no. 9. You must delete that entire entry. You must then renumber all the tabs below that so that they are in order. Otherwise it will go from 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11,12,13,14,15. There can be no numbers missing. You can see that nine is missing. Renumber the 10 tab as no. 9, the 11 tab as no. 10 and so on.

You must also keep the format exactly as it is. If you add an extra space somewhere by mistake, Sense won't load. If you ever build a ROM and Sense doesn't load, 8 times out of 10 it's because you somehow messed up the 26948339_manila file.

I think that's about it for now. I've tried to organize my kitchen in a very sensible easy to understand way so that you'll easily be able to tell what's what.

If you have any questions about what a package is, don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-27-2013 at 04:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Boost Unlimited

Nolimittodis is keeping up the good workNolimittodis is keeping up the good work

I just flashed 5.1 sprint and everything works great except when I slide out the keyboard the screen goes blank. Is there a setting i missed or do I have a bad flash?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development