PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: Sprint

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffmaster View Post

The inquiry has to do with overclocking on Sharkie's rom. I want to give overclocking a shot, and I was wondering if others have stable settings set up to give me a good starting point?
It all depends on the phone. Mine can only go to 710 safely. Anything above that and I get screen freezes and random reboots. Install the cab to your sd so if you get these issues you can remove the card and boot normally.

BTW, Sharkie, no matter how many ROMs I try, I keep coming back to this one. The most stable out there and most of my apps are already there. Just want to know if you plan on doing a no CHT version. Love 16 quick links but hate the lag. Every time I try to remove it I get an error and basically have to reflash.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Did you know that CHT and CHT Editor are installed as a cabs, so you can remove them.

I kept it being installed as a cab because, in my opinion and experience, CHT seems to function better this way as opposed to being 'package cooked' into the ROM.

BTW, my 'no CHT' Sense still has 16 quicklinks on the home page!
Old 08-06-2011, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work

Sweet. Thanks Sharkie. I will try to uninstall later. Been rocking the host v1.5 thing for now. Loving the WP7 simplicity. Now I can stay on this ROM and give my phone a rest from flashing.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:55 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

For some reason tv out isnt working. I cant remember if i even tested when 5.1 first came out. But at the same time its opposite from previous tv out issue

On both tvs it worked before but i plug in cable and tv out pops up on phone, as should but just doesnt connect to the tvs? Can anyone check this
Old 08-07-2011, 06:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 US Cellular version
Carrier: Tmobile

Buffmaster is just getting started

Some thanks,

Thanks to Sharkie and ones who answered about keyboard config. I now have the start key for longpress explorer, thanks. One more question about keyboard config is this: I write a lot in spanish, I thought I'd make some long press keys for á é ú ó ñ, etc but I can't find a way to do it, if you have advice for me there.

Thanks for overclocking as well. I just have it at 710(a couple of programs malfuncioned when I set it higher) right now, but the difference is noticeble for sure. It's coming together as a better phone each day.

If only I could get the tmobile sms IM/Email service to work so I don't have to buy some sort of data. I think the most data I could afford is the 30mb/month, and I just don't think that'd be enough to stay logged into Windows live for hours each day.

Thanks for all the work time you guys spend helping others out.

Michael
Old 08-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: US Cellular

MWTech48 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to MWTech48

@Buffmaster

Try this (I haven't tested so I can't verify if it works)

SMS-Chat. Windows Mobile SMS Messenger

I've see a few forums talking about being able to chat via SMS by sending it to a specific number (like Facebook) but I haven't been able to find anything more than a mention of it, no details. If you have time you dig deeper into that method too.

*EDIT: Sorry Buff, didn't realize that app is $15 and it only threads your text convos, nothing to do with IM. Hopefully you're able to find an answer. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I find anything.

MWTech48 - XDA and PPC Geeks :: Badger48 - TeamUSCC

Last edited by MWTech48; 08-14-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Lurker

thanks MW, Ya I've been trying to find anything on how to duplicate the non data versin of IM/Email services that tmobile has on it's non smartphones. I have found, and verified sending an email without data using the number method that you mentioned. Not much success with IM, however.

I will look into your link, thanks

Michael
Old 08-14-2011, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor

Hey sharkie, thanks so much for your development for this device. I really loved it when upgrading to your ROM.

I had upgraded my phone over the weekend (sprint photon 4g) - we finally figured out why I am not getting network call waiting tones while speaking on the phone. There's a known issue with this HTC Tp2 (and a few other models from sprint) that prevent call waiting tones to be transmitted over network when connected to their network booster - 2nd generation airvana device. If I am on the 1st generation device (without 3g data support) - call waiting worked. (We tested it as I have both generations sitting here).

That loss of function on 2nd generation really prevents me from keeping my productivity while on the airvana network. However, when I leave the network - we tested the phone TP2 - and call waiting tones worked - so it was never your ROM or anyone else's ... I only recently learned that call waiting tones are transmitted from a carrier network to the device.

So I still love this TP2 and wanted to know how can I make use of this fine hardware and your ROM that doesn't have a voice or data plan.

a) I can still tether it to a public wifi, and then enable a VPN connection through some of my wifi devices and paid VPN service..

b) I have a home network wifi, but what can I do with the TP2 while at home if I can already connect other devices to my wifi? Perhaps use it to remote desktop or use it as a side browser..... I don't know.

c) There's bluetooth obviously too - so no ideas on what or how to make use of that.

Any ideas specific with sharkieROM and this phone would be cool - I don't want to sell it and at the same time, I don't want it to collect "dust"

Thanks

Last edited by vancomycin; 08-14-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: US Cellular

MWTech48 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to MWTech48

vancomycin, you could use it as an mp3/video player by storing files on the SD card. It'll definitely do remote desktop/side browser too like you said when connected to your home network. When you are at a location with wifi and have a device, like a netbook or notebook, that doesn't have a wireless network adapter, it could function as that.

A few minor things you could use it for are games, a calculator, and a to-do list. Pretty much any of the functions that don't need a data or voice plan. You can always download any new cabs on your home computer and transfer them to the SD card via USB.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:37 PM
Lurker

OK, I found the app I've been looking for to send emails, and IM's as Sms...Sorta.
Here's an old version of the app:
xda-developers - View Single Post - The New Cab Collection [Updated 6/8/09]

I can't seem to find a newer version that that includes MSN, and supports Email. I've found a few links but all come up, Error. The version that was on my zn5 was: 2.8.3. I saw an app version 5.x that was taken from the HD2..but that one uses data to connect.

Michael

Last edited by Buffmaster; 08-16-2011 at 11:38 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development