PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

I'm on the go and can't take the time to look for the posts, but I posted a while back all the changes I made to Opera. They are all only regedits and can easily be changed. The Visual Back option is also just a regedit change.

If someone has the time to look for those posts in the thread and link everyone up to them, I'd be most grateful!

Going out of town in a few min. so forgive me for continuing to not be around much. I plan on sitting down and continuing work next weekend.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: US Cellular

MWTech48 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to MWTech48

These are the two most recent ones I found if these are the edits you're talking about

Post 3411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Also,

In regards to Opera memory saving measures, besides the other reg edit I mentioned, you can also change:

HKLM\Software\Opera\Info: "MemoryThresholdWanted" to "0". I believe this tells it that you don't want a Memory Threshold. I believe just this one regedit is enough to get rid of the memory error.

Aside from that you can also add this line to HKLM\Software\Opera\Prefs\User Prefs:

"Cache Directory4"=\Storage Card\Opera Cache

You can name your new Opera Cache folder whatever you want, that's just what I chose. Point being that it saves the cache to storage card rather than on the device in the normal "\Windows\Opera9\profile\cache" spot.

On that note, you can also use cleartemp and direct the custom folders to the opera cache spots on the phone and on your storage card.

Edit: I forgot to remind you that you will need to create the folder (Opera cache, or whatever you want to call it) on your storage card in order for the:

"Cache Directory4=\Storage Card\Opera Cache" registry edit to work.

I tried to adjust my Opera cab to this new registry setting and to create the folder on the storage card, but the cab won't install if there is no storage card inserted in the phone and so the phone never fully boots. While I always have my storage card inserted when I flash, I know that a lot of people don't. So including this regedit before hand in the ROM just won't work.

I did, however include the Memory threshold wanted = 0 in my Opera cab, and I've upped the no. of availabe tabs to 9 and the no. of avail history pages to 30.
Post 3407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I found this post in the Opera thread over at XDA:

xda-developers - View Single Post - All Opera Mobile/Mini versions: Official thread

I tried what he suggests and then opened up and played around in PPCGeeks, opened up tab #2 to XDA and played around there, then opened up another tab and went to the Sprint site and messed around there, all with no out of memory errors. It seems like deleting that registry entry works.

I do not believe the ROM has a memory issue, more just Opera being stupid. I've never really paid much attention to tweaking Opera, cuz I rarely use it. If you guys know of more tweaks and such that you think I should set as it's default, please share.

In any event, thanks for bringing that to my attention KJ, try that fix and let me know if you get any more errors.

Here's that .png too. It's a small one cuz I assume you need it a small size, let me know if you need a bigger one.

MWTech48 - XDA and PPC Geeks :: Badger48 - TeamUSCC
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: Sprint

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
None at all, I have never had one from Sharkie's ROMs. I'm OC in the mid 700s with no issues. Did you try all the usual suspects? Task29, SDcard format, CABs ect?

@odzk, no help on my end, I only use opera mini and UCWeb. Sorry

I always Task29. Tried all the others and everything else I could think of. When I don't OC, no reboots. Guess my phone just can't handle it. Odd.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Hey Sharkie, Heres a glance at the keyboard skins

All I have left is to start the dll bitmaps

I flashed over to your 5.1 rom to see how the colors matched up... and I made it a tad too green lol

I think its pretty close tho

Ive got all the keyboards done though.
What do you think?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:28 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

for the 1 that wants to disable opera visual back...i wont search back but sharkie posted that after i asked also. so to make it easier look at my profile to see my posts, it would be far less reading. i think thats an option in viewing others profile? but i think your right about visual back being an issue.

to the oc'er w/ reboots...have you always had a problem w/ reboots trying to oc, even from the begining? do you have android on sd? wasnt that a known issue of sorts between the 2? do you put your saved oc link in startup? just some thoughts. i just recently started using agian, tried a couple times way back but never stuck to it. i just saved the original setting on 1st app boot up, and jumped it up to 729 and saved that. i use freelinks to toggle 729 on after a soft reset and thats it. i dont know if i really see that big a difference...maybe hard to tell.

for anyone interested...cht scheduler just got an update. if you didnt want to use it cause of all the settings...now theres a light "mode", that will disable the more advanced features while working up in increments. then you should give it a go. the best feature is backup and restore of cht and sense, will save your asz when you install a bad widget/skin/mod. and for the ones that do use it there says more features. be sure to post a thanks, to the dev. Not me, if you like it...it goes a long way, saying thanks. same goes for all...sharkie, thanks i havent had the time but more so the need to flash even an update. simply outstanding
Old 07-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ive ran into an issue on 5.1

it seems like the auto rotate doesnt work, the only program it works in is oprea.

nothing else seems to work with the auto rotate, and when i hit the rotate screen button in the start menu it just flips it.

Oddly enough it doesnt work into the android port either.

I had an issue with the wifi till i re flashed it too
Old 07-04-2011, 09:43 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This is on pupose i believe and has been mentioned after the 5.1 release on how to enable it. I think look for flip it in this thread. The rotate screen funtions as you say, its more/less a rotate toggle. I use keyboard config to link long press back key to rotate screen. I personally hate the auto rotate and rather do it manual.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
This is on pupose i believe and has been mentioned after the 5.1 release on how to enable it. I think look for flip it in this thread. The rotate screen funtions as you say, its more/less a rotate toggle. I use keyboard config to link long press back key to rotate screen. I personally hate the auto rotate and rather do it manual.

Oh, well thanks for answering, but I like the auto rotate.
But since it doesnt work in the rom in doesnt work in my android port either :/
Old 07-05-2011, 06:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
Oh, well thanks for answering, but I like the auto rotate.
But since it doesnt work in the rom in doesnt work in my android port either :/
You can also try Gyrator for auto rotate, it is fully customisable. Btw... I don't have any problem with auto rotate running Android from sd card with this ROM as a base.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
You can also try Gyrator for auto rotate, it is fully customisable. Btw... I don't have any problem with auto rotate running Android from sd card with this ROM as a base.
Thats odd.
Wich build are you running?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development