PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 12:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2-21-11★SharkieROM v4.1.5★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

FYI,

It looks like KD-Font is back up and running.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Sharkie - I tried Cookies Home Tab for the past week and sadly it just bogged down my phone too much. I believe I have too many emails (corporate and personal accounts) and too many contacts which does not help. Has nothing to do with your ROM.

With that said, I have been flashing several times this morning having issues that if I remove the Sharkie Background on the mail preview, I can't remove Cookies. Error is "Cookies Home Tab was not completely Removed. Do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?" I have Task 29'd and Flashed twice now.

If I remove the items in the opposite order, Cookies removes OK but the Sharkie background on the mail preview gets the error that it was not completely removed. Do you have the Cookies and the mail preview tied together somehow perhaps?

Right now I am going to remove Cookies and use the mail preview with Shark background.

- Regarding the NueBattery - I will remove and test that 1% cab for Verizon starting this morning.

- Possible feature request, without Cookies installed - you have "missed calls/call log" next to the date above the calendar. In the event of voicemail - are you able to show the number of voicemails instead of missed calls so I could hit that go right to voicemail?
Old 03-05-2011, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Nice catch! I'm testing what you said out right now.

There is a stock messaging pages cab in the 2nd post. Try that to get rid of the shark messaging pages mod.

I'll report back in a bit with my findings on your issue.

Edit: So I get the same thing. In the shark messaging pages mod there is the file from CHT for the CHT messaging widgets. This must be what's causing the issue. I'll try removing that file and see if that works.

Thanks again for pointing this out!

Don't forget about the stock messaging pages cab. Let me know if that works for you...

Edit 2: So removing that file from that cab allows for both cabs to be uninstalled in any order. I'll leave it like that so that there's no headache for anyone. Anyone who like the mod and wants it on the CHT widgets as well can just download the stand alone cabs in the 2nd post. Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthomas00 View Post
- Possible feature request, without Cookies installed - you have "missed calls/call log" next to the date above the calendar. In the event of voicemail - are you able to show the number of voicemails instead of missed calls so I could hit that go right to voicemail?
Is it possible? Of course. Do I know how to do it easily? Nope, but I'll look into it!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 03-05-2011 at 02:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

- Confirmed the stock messaging cab fixed the issue (you have to remove the Cookies cab first and then you shouldn't touch the sharkie background cab)

- Confirmed 1% Cab for the battery on Verizon is working. Nuebattery is removed.

- Let me know about my request below/attached - if it is a royal pain & time consuming activity like my all day event request - punt it:

Possible feature request, without Cookies installed - you have "missed calls/call log" next to the date above the calendar. In the event of voicemail - are you able to show the number of voicemails so I could hit that go right to voicemail?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (10.2 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by slthomas00; 03-05-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

To be a bit more specific on the 1% driver, there are no charging problems at all with it?

About the voicemail thing. At the moment that is a bit above my head. However, as I've said before, this is one of the things I love about having released my ROM. It has pushed me to learn new things. I can say that I won't hold up the next release over it, but it is something that I will definitely keep plugging awaying and learning about, just because that would be a great option to have. Another idea would be to have just a plain ol' start menu link to voicemail. It wouldn't have the # of voicemails or anything, but it would then be abe to be set as a quicklink for one touch access to VM. What do you think about that? That could be probably be accomplished sooner than my modding the homescreen.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Charging seems to be working fine via my USB/computer and home charger. I will report back in a day or two on battery life and charging experiences.

Regarding reporting the number voicemails without using CHT - thanks for looking into it Sharkie. Like you say though, not a priority - if you have time/desire to look into it.

Regarding the voicemail icon - take a look at my screenshot in the above post. Is that what you mean? That is what I have done with your previous ROM's. One thing real nice about CHT is the ability to see on the home screen how many VM's you have like email, missed calls, and SMS's.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthomas00 View Post
Charging seems to be working fine via my USB/computer and home charger. I will report back in a day or two on battery life and charging experiences.

Regarding reporting the number voicemails without using CHT - thanks for looking into it Sharkie. Like you say though, not a priority - if you have time/desire to look into it.

Regarding the voicemail icon - take a look at my screenshot in the above post. Is that what you mean? That is what I have done with your previous ROM's. One thing real nice about CHT is the ability to see on the home screen how many VM's you have like email, missed calls, and SMS's.
Oh yeah, I didn't even notice. I agree about the notification system of CHT being a huge plus. We'll see. Sometimes I think things will be more difficult than they really are...
Old 03-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

recithree is just getting started

[QUOTE=Sharkie405;2064331]Sorry that I didn't get back at you yesterday. I don't know much about SIM at the moment because I don't use or own a SIM card. I know that I always remove the SIM Tookit package from any WM build that I use. Until now, no one had mentioned any SIM card issues. Now that you have, I'll look around and learn some about it and hopefully have an answer for you soon.

thanks so much
for any attention you can give to this matter.let me summerize the behavior.i can see the files on sim card only if i go to sim manger.but can not see them if i select contacts the normal way.it asks to add a new contact.if i try to add a name on the add contacts to sim then it does not save.i can however copy the sim contacts to main memory and the contacts work fine from there.the odd thing is that i can save new
contacts to main memory and copy over to sim.i can do this to keep my sim contacts current but this i a step i have to get into a habit of doing.which i will do cause i love this rom.it has a freshness to it like i have new phone.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:01 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I still plan on looking into this issue, but have you tried PIM Backup that comes in the ROM. I've never had any issues ever restoring and backing up all my Contacts using PIM Backup. Just a thought on something that might make things a little easier on you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

recithree is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I still plan on looking into this issue, but have you tried PIM Backup that comes in the ROM. I've never had any issues ever restoring and backing up all my Contacts using PIM Backup. Just a thought on something that might make things a little easier on you.
i used pim backup or something like that on my motorola q9c.sometimes that thing would need a master reset while i was out and about and saved my butt a few times.my samsung intrepid had the sim card(world phone)and that made me develop a bad habit of not backing up properly.all my cabs were archived on sd card and the contacts on sim card just always remained current.
i will give it a try and see what happens,actually something that backs up call logs might be a hugh benefit.thanks again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development