PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908
Re: (How To) Recover from Flashing wrong Rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by andres79 View Post
Has anybody ever experienced a ROMs splash screen staying on the device after you task29 and flash another ROM?
Task29 doesnt not change splash. It only erases OS. OS has nothing to with splash screen. So if you want to revert to default, then you need to search for that, and install it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
Task29 doesnt not change splash. It only erases OS. OS has nothing to with splash screen. So if you want to revert to default, then you need to search for that, and install it.
The task29 Ziggy has made flashes the splash. the RUU deploying task 29 has to have something to flash.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: iPhone 4s
Carrier: VZW

Tortuga49 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
The task29 Ziggy has made flashes the splash. the RUU deploying task 29 has to have something to flash.
Hey X...Thanks for the info. Found it in the forum, downloaded it, and in the process of testing. I'll let you know what the outcome is...

Update Edit: Well, I did two things, 1-used task29 with splash screen and 2-flashed a different rom with a known working splash screen. Everything is working and no annoying splash screen. Thanks all!!!

Last edited by Tortuga49; 07-09-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Update
Old 07-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

Quote:
Originally Posted by andres79 View Post
LOL! Thanks...Let me know what the last 60 pages say. The first 60 pages didn't help
Lol, they helped about as much as the first 60

I guess my crystal ball is all stupid (OMG IPHONE HAS TAKEN OVER GOOGLE)

(I just can't resist smacking around the Iphone)
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
bricked, error, flashed, froze, rom