PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Etiquette of constructive criticism 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkidd View Post
Made it a little bit easier on the eyes. added a Table of Contents. anything else i may have left out?
Nicely done! Good work on taking the constructive criticism and implementing the good ideas from others! props!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
welcome to the lower level!

good thread, sometimes i help, sometimes i say search...but only if a person just comes to the end of a thread and asks something that's been covered and they didn't read the thread.
Thank you! Or even worse, didnt read 2 posts above theirs...
Old 06-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Or even worse, didnt read 2 posts above theirs...
10-4 lol!
Old 06-12-2010, 09:26 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
10-4 lol!
its 10-4 good buddy, cb edict.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

This should be moved to the TP2 General Discussion section.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:41 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
This should be moved to the TP2 General Discussion section.
Actually perhaps the Off Topic forum after thinking about it, but I thought I'd already done the whole non-rom forum thing...

Old 06-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

Now I hope all the new people, (and some of the old people) read post 1 and follow it!

Just a tip for people looking for something on this site (I apologize if someone already posted this info), and knowing how hard it is to search on this site, here's how I use Google to something on PPCGeeks.com:

1. Go to Google.com (That one seems obvious!)
2. In the search bar type "MY SEARCH site:forum.ppcgeeks.com"

That second part will make Google look for your search term ONLY on PPCGEEKS.COM!

Now before anyone who doesn't already know how to use this google operator, the quotes don't need to be there, and MY SEARCH should be replaced with what text you're looking for. You can type in any search term and use the operator SITE: followed by a web address and Google will search that site only. Since all the forum posts come up with the forum.ppcgeeks.com URL format, this must be used after the SITE: operator, not just ppcgeeks.com.

This can be really helpful when you're doing a search for software version numbers (since it almost never works on this site's search feature, found that out looking for Arcsoft MMS), or for any search terms that don't meet the "3 letter rule" on the PPCGeeks search.

Hope this helps at least one person find what they are looking for on PPCGeeks.com...

Last edited by veedubguru; 06-12-2010 at 09:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:14 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Actually perhaps the Off Topic forum after thinking about it, but I thought I'd already done the whole non-rom forum thing...
maybe say it once more i guess, now at least its a sticky. lol
Old 06-13-2010, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

what if we sticky this everywhere. then everybody gets it where they want it!

even people who dont want to see it!
Old 06-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
what if we sticky this everywhere. then everybody gets it where they want it!

even people who dont want to see it!
i can copy your firt post to every upgrade forum easily. i will give you 72 hours to edit ti make it the way you like it and make it Universal.

I do feel your post is very well constructed and is exactly what users need to see before they post "ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHH! YOUR ROM SUCKS"

Have a great weekend

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: Etiquette of constructive criticism 101

Quote:
Made it a little bit easier on the eyes. added a Table of Contents. anything else i may have left out?
Wait, there's no Santa?

There's a typo, but other than that, it's perfect.

Seriously though, I think this post is, if anything, overdue. You've done an outstanding job of summarizing a few of the worst habits of posters.

I hope to see more helpful posts from you, newkidd.

If I helped you, "Thanks" are always appreciated. (c: And don't forget to tip your waitress.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development