PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Etiquette of constructive criticism 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I agree with the entire post except I do get a little irritated with the posters who answer EVERY SINGLE POST by saying "use the search function"

First of all, this site has hands down the worst search function I have ever used period. I spent 20 minutes the other day looking for something I knew for a fact was here & never found it.

~John

agreed. i would much rather answer questions over and over than to subject a new user and force them to use the search to find out how to install the 1% battery and potently run off someone who could actually be of benefit to our family later on.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
I agree with the entire post except I do get a little irritated with the posters who answer EVERY SINGLE POST by saying "use the search function"

First of all, this site has hands down the worst search function I have ever used period. I spent 20 minutes the other day looking for something I knew for a fact was here & never found it.

~John
+1 to both of these. I hardly use the search function here, but Google rocks it pretty good. I think the main point of why I said to search was cuz ppl post Qs asking for stuff that's in plain sight, they just dont want to spend any effort...
Old 06-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
+1 to both of these. I hardly use the search function here, but Google rocks it pretty good. I think the main point of why I said to search was cuz ppl post Qs asking for stuff that's in plain sight, they just dont want to spend any effort...
Grats on VIP /wink.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Very good write up!! Thanks for taking the time to do it, here's to hoping people read it and live by it. I agree w/ the constant posting of "search is your friend", how about post the assistance if you've got it and recommend to search in the future, rather than just posting useless babble. And yes, the search feature here is lacking a bit, but as was also noted, Google does a great job at it. I don't mind helping anyone ever, just hate laziness... +1 on a sticky
Old 06-11-2010, 10:52 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what?!?!?!....perfect roms and santa claus are in imaginary land? can i take amtrak to get there?

good write up my friend.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 06-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

nice. asked the mods for this a long time ago.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

feel free to spread the word. would it be worth it to post this in most device threads? developers can reference this thread in their roms if wanted. i honestly dont care. just trying to better the forums!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

its not beneath me to keep posting just to make sure this is on the top of the list.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:36 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

~John
Exactly!
Old 06-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Moved to the upgrade forum and given sticky status. Well done dude.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development