PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 09:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

jkseger is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | Sense 2021 | WP7 | Roms: v3.4 | 3/25/2011

I've been using the WP7 ROM for about a week as well. I've enjoyed except for WM Player. Almost every time I start listening to tunes, it freezes up on me and I cannot navigate anywhere. It's almost like the phone just slows to a halt, as the songs will change but the screen will stay the same and none of the buttons work.

This might be a deal breaker for me as I use my phone mostly for texting and music. I'd use it for browsing more but it's so slow, regardless of ROM.

John
Old 04-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyfukr View Post
Update: I've used WP7 all week at work and after the few tweaks we discussed, it has run very smoothly. I'm liking it. I will try to get time this weekend to update to the RC. Mainly I just wanted to let you know it's working very well.

Thanks for all the hard work.
Thanks for the update Love hearing no problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkseger View Post
I've been using the WP7 ROM for about a week as well. I've enjoyed except for WM Player. Almost every time I start listening to tunes, it freezes up on me and I cannot navigate anywhere. It's almost like the phone just slows to a halt, as the songs will change but the screen will stay the same and none of the buttons work.

This might be a deal breaker for me as I use my phone mostly for texting and music. I'd use it for browsing more but it's so slow, regardless of ROM.

John
Thanks for the feedback. I did replace Media player with a different version in the rc1 release a few posts back. Been playing music all morning. trying different things to make it freeze. Even in sleep mode, not a skip and 0 issues.

I will try to get new final releases out this weekend.

Last edited by negamann; 04-08-2011 at 12:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thanks, negamann!!

I am also noticing that since just recently, I cannot use my hard keyboard for text messages. I was able to after first loading your ROM bit now I can only use the on-screen keyboard.

I'm going to try rebooting and see if that helps.

John
Old 04-08-2011, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

reboot worked but the letters seem to take a while before displaying on the screen. Maybe my phone is screwed up. I Task 29'ed prior to installing the ROM. Not sure what else it could be.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?
Old 04-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
reboot worked but the letters seem to take a while before displaying on the screen. Maybe my phone is screwed up. I Task 29'ed prior to installing the ROM. Not sure what else it could be.

I know it's a pita, but I would repeat task29 and reflash the rom just to see...

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris443 View Post
I know it's a pita, but I would repeat task29 and reflash the rom just to see...
Quote:

I've had small issues here and there due to a bad flash or changing page-pool too low before. Sounds like that could be the issue. unless someone else can confirm the same issue on their phone. blah I know how it is to flash when you just set your phone up the way you like it. Just one of a couple small downsides of custom roms.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yep. Since you'll have the new version out this weekend, I think I just wait for that!

Thanks for your efforts!!

John
Old 04-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

here's a new one to me - I've been noticing for a bit (week?)(rel 3.4?) that I will get a notification that I have received mail, but when I go look, there is none (this is synced/push on email from my gmail acct) This happened when I was using sense, or not using sense. Thoughts?

EDIT: just had a thought - wonder if this happens only when I'm in and read my mail with my PC.........

Last edited by Kris443; 04-08-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris443 View Post
here's a new one to me - I've been noticing for a bit (week?)(rel 3.4?) that I will get a notification that I have received mail, but when I go look, there is none (this is synced/push on email from my gmail acct) This happened when I was using sense, or not using sense. Thoughts?

EDIT: just had a thought - wonder if this happens only when I'm in and read my mail with my PC.........
I had an issue with 3.4 too, I was told that my phone kept sending an "ok" text to the same person every 5 minutes for about an hour, I had to remove the battery on my phone in order to stop.
kind of weird.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
I had an issue with 3.4 too, I was told that my phone kept sending an "ok" text to the same person every 5 minutes for about an hour, I had to remove the battery on my phone in order to stop.
kind of weird.
Hey! now that's an interesting "feature" !!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development