PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann
Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | Roms: V2.9 | Sense 2019 | CHT2.0 | WP7 | 1/14/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by websurf View Post
Thank you Negamann
In the total of 6 Kitchens i've downloaded only 1 has the .ERV file in the location you mention. I even search the whole kitchen folder but Nothing.
So my question is, Is it useless kitchen if there is no ERV file? What is that file contain and can i create one if i want to? for those kitchen that don't have ERV file How do i load it into the kitchen?
I'm really new to this rom customization please help. i'm greatly appreciate your help and anyone else input very much.
If it doesn't have one, just click the dropbox for EXT Build and reselect 2XXXX then save .erv is just a config for the kitchen for directory locations, and remembers your package selections

Also you may have system files or something set to hidden on your comp. Not sure if that would cause it, but it's a guess.

You Need to have no folders and files hidden from view for the kitchen anyway, and important to uncheck "Hide extensions for unknown file types" through windows

Last edited by negamann; 02-03-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

websurf is just getting started
Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | Roms: V2.9 | Sense 2019 | CHT2.0 | WP7 | 1/14/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
If it doesn't have one, just click the dropbox for EXT Build and reselect 2XXXX then save .erv is just a config for the kitchen for directory locations, and remembers your package selections

Also you may have system files or something set to hidden on your comp. Not sure if that would cause it, but it's a guess

WOW! I was struggling all morning and almost give up the ROM things.
Thank you very much Sir.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Quote:
WOW! I was struggling all morning and almost give up the ROM things.
Thank you very much Sir.
Not a problem at all I'm happy to see another getting into rom creation. it's MUCH more rewarding than a simple flash.

Once you know what is what(that's the hard part) It's simple. Feel free to ask any questions. I'm always happy to help.

for fun the package color key is:
Yellow: Disabled
Light Green: Enabled
Dark green: Enabled and contains 0409(english) files
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Here try this: RomSaved v3.0

There are 4 .erv files included. If you don't see them or their extensions, Then it's windows causing the issue.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Not a problem at all I'm happy to see another getting into rom creation. it's MUCH more rewarding than a simple flash.

Once you know what is what(that's the hard part) It's simple. Feel free to ask any questions. I'm always happy to help.

for fun the package color key is:
Yellow: Disabled
Light Green: Enabled
Dark green: Enabled and contains 0409(english) files

Now I have these errors after clicked Create Rom. the process stopped without creating the rom
ERROR!!!!!
604 Modules present; Too many modules.... with 6.1 NK.exe and 6.5 XIP you' ll have non-bootable ROM.... Exiting...

ERROR!!!!!
652 Modules present; Too many modules.... with 6.1 NK.exe and 6.5 XIP you' ll have non-bootable ROM.... Exiting...
Old 02-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Now I have these errors after clicked Create Rom. the process stopped without creating the rom
ERROR!!!!!
604 Modules present; Too many modules.... with 6.1 NK.exe and 6.5 XIP you' ll have non-bootable ROM.... Exiting...

ERROR!!!!!
652 Modules present; Too many modules.... with 6.1 NK.exe and 6.5 XIP you' ll have non-bootable ROM.... Exiting...
Yeah I forgot the new Kitchen is a little trickier, try those erv files I posted a couple posts up

You can try clicking the WM 6.5 nk.exe checkbox

The typical rom I flash uses 447 modules so you have everything enabled which = bad

Last edited by negamann; 02-03-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Yeah I forgot the new Kitchen is a little trickier, try those erv files I posted a couple posts up

You can try clicking the WM 6.5 nk.exe checkbox

The typical rom I flash uses 447 modules so you have everything enabled which = bad

Man Man Man... Negamann! you're the Pro, Bro. How long have you been doing this? Every answers you gave me are right on the target. I'm impressed. I wish that i know just 1/3 of your knowledge. The errors are gone and the process completed to create the Rom. Beautifully.
Thank you very very much Bro.

Last edited by websurf; 02-03-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Man Man Man... Negamann! you're the Pro, Bro. How long have you been doing this? Every answers you gave me are right on the target. I'm impressed. I wish that i know just 1/3 of your knowledge. The errors are gone and the process completed to create the Rom. Beautifully.
Thank you very very much Bro.
Very Glad it works! Actually I've been creating kitchens since the HTC/Audiovox Apache PPC-6700. so about 4/5 years now. Just flies by.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Very Glad it works! Actually I've been creating kitchens since the HTC/Audiovox Apache PPC-6700. so about 4/5 years now. Just flies by.
No wonder you're so good at this.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

run_amuck is becoming a great contributor
Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | Sense 2021 | CHT2.0 | WP7 | 2/03/2011

ok im completely lost, after a few days of running the newsest rv, i found a few things.

1. it works perfect except when i leave the phone on power saver mode for more than a few hours(time still undefined, but it seems aroudna f ew hours) the phoen will stay on(due to calls ringing and vibrating, but no visual display AT ALL!

after like 3 hours tonight of trying to get the screen back on, i flashed it again., iis it bad to task29 the phoen too many times?

so i task 29'ed it, then normally i do that, then i turn the phoen back on and it show "htc touch pro 2" across till i pull the battery and hold the volumne down button to get to the boot loader screen to reflash properly. so i just reflashed with no visual display on my screen at all!

it did its thing, and now i have a screen like normal bootup.

i can't figure out for the life of me what is causing this!

the landscape txt msg thing is a def culprit becuase if i try to end the app while the keyboard is slid out, then im screwed and back to no visual screen again.

COUld this be the lock screen????

I am thinking it very well could force the tp2 to go into power saving mode and double lock itself(as i have seen 2 of those bright blue icons in the top corner of the phone a few times, like it runs the program twice on itself when it goes idle too long?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development