PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 10:25 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: JD's Custom Windows Mobile 6.5.3 ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
HERE is the newer fixed ROM based off of the 23121 build .... it has bold fonts in the dialer and on screen keyboard but is in the mainstream builds from msft so less bugs hopefully I may visit 6.5.5 again but I want to wait until msft release a SDK for it
thanx jd, ill give this a go.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Downloading now... sendspace is kicking my butt right now... slow dl speed this morning... I'll report shortly thanks hit...
Old 05-21-2010, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bkimbler is keeping up the good workbkimbler is keeping up the good workbkimbler is keeping up the good work

Thanks for the udpated ROM JD! Any chance of cooking a version with Cookie Home Tab built in? I know alot of people use it and apparently it works better when cooked in. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

been testing out the new rom for a bit and the memory management issue is there. at boot i am 95mb free. after 2 calls and a few cab installs i am at 75mb free with no tasks running. soft reset brings it back to 95mb free
Old 05-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

whats the issue with memory management anyway? If its got 75 mb free, what does this mean? Programs will open up slower? Just curious, i dont know whats the whole dealio with the memory management

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 05-21-2010, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

bjhill2112 is keeping up the good workbjhill2112 is keeping up the good work

Having strange issues with resetting. On the latest (6.5.3) I lost the phone app. Hitting the call button or trying to launch the phone from the start menu did nothing and the signal icon in the taskbar was missing. I reset the phone (with the reset button) and it HARD RESET. The 6.5.5 one from the other day did similar HARD resets.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:34 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me
Threadstarter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhill2112 View Post
Having strange issues with resetting. On the latest (6.5.3) I lost the phone app. Hitting the call button or trying to launch the phone from the start menu did nothing and the signal icon in the taskbar was missing. I reset the phone (with the reset button) and it HARD RESET. The 6.5.5 one from the other day did similar HARD resets.
odd but at the moment we are all on the same rom ... most of the time when i put out a rom i continue to develop until the next rom but since this is my first 653 rom sint the touch pro we are using the same thing i had ran this since it was created and have not had a hard reset issue this mainly happens as a result of an app that borks your registry what do you have installed
Old 05-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

When you try dialing a contact by typing the name out, it will not show up in the call history as calling them. This is a recent problem i have noticed in the 231XX series, Icey found a fix for it, maybe talk to him about it, but Tmartin's rom also has this same problem.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
been testing out the new rom for a bit and the memory management issue is there. at boot i am 95mb free. after 2 calls and a few cab installs i am at 75mb free with no tasks running. soft reset brings it back to 95mb free
this seems normal to me. I have installed the latest rom as well. Pretty much any rom with sense 2.5 is going to be hovering in the 65 -75 mb range. If you start using certain processes and apps, it takes up memory. today I used the camera a good bit and reviewed the pics in htc album. Now that puppy uses alot of resources. Right now I'm sitting at 78mb with nothing open. recently sent a few emails though. Before doing that it was over 82mb. Still very responsive though. Video playback in certain formats can suffer if memory dips below 60mb but I usually switch to titanium when doing this, wait there's no titanium!! oh well
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:45 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me
Threadstarter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
this seems normal to me. I have installed the latest rom as well. Pretty much any rom with sense 2.5 is going to be hovering in the 65 -75 mb range. If you start using certain processes and apps, it takes up memory. today I used the camera a good bit and reviewed the pics in htc album. Now that puppy uses alot of resources. Right now I'm sitting at 78mb with nothing open. recently sent a few emails though. Before doing that it was over 82mb. Still very responsive though. Video playback in certain formats can suffer if memory dips below 60mb but I usually switch to titanium when doing this, wait there's no titanium!! oh well
titanium is there i just hid it since i never use it i will post a cab for you when i get home to enable it ....
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development