PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Device will not power on but orange charge light is visible (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120254)

T3zZYy 05-05-2010 01:58 PM

Device will not power on but orange charge light is visible

idk what 2 do.ive tried 2 hard reset and sending it in2 disk drive mode and it wont cut on.somebody help plz

skruff77 05-05-2010 02:07 PM

Re: Device will not power on but orange charge light is visible

have to tried to take out the battery for like 5 seconds. this happen to me when i flashed a new rom with bad battery live. no matter what i did it would come back on. so i just charged it over night and it came back on. i think you battery is dead.

Nygel 05-05-2010 02:45 PM

reflash....possible to stock to check it out, IDK what ROM you loaded but try this and see... (hopefully is not a GSM ROM)

pechroc1 05-05-2010 03:07 PM

that happened to me with my tp one... turned out the screen craped out. try to find a program that lets you view your screen through your PC monitor. that will let you know if the screen is dead.

T3zZYy 05-05-2010 04:10 PM

it was working fine last night.then when i woke up the phone was off and the charging light was off but when i unplug it the charging light comes back on.ive tried taking the battery out already

T3zZYy 05-05-2010 04:12 PM

it wont cut on either

JustDavid 05-05-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T3zZYy (Post 1736586)
it wont cut on either

I agree with Skruff77, I think your battery is dead. These phones will not power on unless the battery circuit is good and complete. Looks like a trip to the Sprint phone store is in your future.

T3zZYy 05-05-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustDavid (Post 1736642)
I agree with Skruff77, I think your battery is dead. These phones will not power on unless the battery circuit is good and complete. Looks like a trip to the Sprint phone store is in your future.

i bought i new battery lol it was working yesterday then this morning it started f***ing up again

JustDavid 05-05-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T3zZYy (Post 1736669)
i bought i new battery lol it was working yesterday then this morning it started f***ing up again

Sounds like the charger or the charging circuit in the phone is bad and toasting your batteries. Call Sprint support or go to a store and have them check your batteries and charger and phone

JustDavid 05-05-2010 04:51 PM

WIth the battery out, hook it to the USB cable on your computer, then put the battery in and power the phone on. Does it do anything?

(Heading home so I won't be able to reply for 45 minutes or so)