PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

supaskoota is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5/25/10] ★SPRINT LOVER'S ROM -Retro-★ | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Spee

ive just recently started flashing and now iam addicted.lol although i think iam gonna stick with ure retro sprint 2.1 for quite a while , cause this thing cooks! i was also uneasy about only booting with about 107mb compaired to the mr x rom i had which booted with about 120mb ram but honestly i think ures is a bit snappier for some reason. i just flashed it so ill have to let u know in a few days but so far iam exstatic. nice job
Old 01-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Sprint

krazyfukr is just getting started
Re: [5/25/10] ★SPRINT LOVER'S ROM -Retro-★ | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Spee

Holy crap! I had forgotten how fast my phone "could" be.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm centro... yuck!
Carrier: sprint (sero plan)

zultdush is a n00b

nice and fast! i love it! thank you for making a rom that doesnt make me cry.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

kajex is a n00b

Well... This is only my 3rd custom ROM ever. Here's my feedback comparing this ROM to Energy and the stock Sprint ROM:

PROs
1 - WAY faster than Energy or Sprint
2 - No issues with stability. Energy was really really buggy for me, particularly with bluetooth. Sprint often lags when opening certain apps. I have had no issues with either on this ROM.
3 - Text messaging actually loads when I hit the SMS button. This didn't happen on the Sprint stock rom.
4 - THANK GOD there is a task manager in the upper right corner on the home screen. I missed that ever since I ditched my Treo Pro a year or so ago.
5 - Everything just loads quickly. This never happened for me in the Stock Sprint ROM.
6 - All of the original Sprint apps are included, including "update prl" and "update profile" which I have not seen in other custom ROMs. This was a problem for me in the Energy ROM since I had to re-flash my phone to sprint to get data working, then re-flash back to energy. It's nice to have everything included.
7 - Bluetooth end call actually works. This does not work in Energy. In the Energy ROM, you press the end call button on your headset and the whole phone freezes. This ROM does not have that problem at all.
8 - Wifi Router is an awesome addon!

CONs
The only CON that I have is I liked the shortcuts to apps on the home screen, but there is a whole page of apps you can customize in HTC Sense, so it really isn't an issue. It really is something I will get used to quickly.

Bottom line - No complaints. This is exactly what I have been looking for to extend the life of my Touch Pro 2. I haven't wanted to upgrade to SERO Premium, and this lets me stay on my super cheap $30 plan for longer.

Last edited by kajex; 02-05-2011 at 09:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

lajuane is a n00b

Just flashed to your ROM and I'm loving it. Great job!!! Speed and stability. Thanks!!
Old 02-08-2011, 02:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 *SharkieROM 5.1*

GheckoTribe is becoming a great contributor

SWEET!

Chris, I had flashed your Sprint Lovers 6.5... liked it.... tried your 6.5.x and really liked the Touch Friendly aspect of 6.5.x... but both of those ROMs (and all others I've tried) seemed a little laggy now and then.

I've been using your Sprint Lover Retro 6.5/2.1 with HTC theme and the 2.5 email and calendar cab ... and all I can say is WOW. Thanks for putting life back into my phone! I've been considering a switch to the EVO4G or another Android device, but i have some WinMo software I just can't get on Android (yet) so I really need to stick with this phone a while.

THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

kajex is a n00b

I'm not sure if this ROM is still being worked on, but I have found a very minor bug if it is still in development.

You can go into contacts and save a contact just fine, but if you try and save a phone number from your call log it does not work. My phone just sits there like I haven't pressed any buttons when I try to save numbers from the call log.

Anyway, aside from this small bug I really love this ROM.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

sde780 is just getting started

I do not have this issue, just tried it ^

So far I'm loving this rom, its quick compared to sprint stock rom
Old 04-20-2011, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Black screen of death afer 3 hard resets.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development