PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Jmz
Jmz Android Rom V1.04.14.10

Jmz Android Rom V1.04.14.10

This is a completely custom Android rom for TP2. This installs and runs android without booting into Windows Mobile. There is no option to boot to Windows Mobile. It is useless because of all the stuff I removed. Rom was 35MB until I added Android to it. If you have an existing Android build on your SD card, and you want to save it, backup all android files into a new folder before flashing. This will overwrite your current Android build. To read the rom version, 1.XX.XX.XX is my version number, and the rest is the date of the Android build.

Of course, this still has its limitations. Please see port status below to find out.

To install:
Flash like you would any other rom. When asked to click next on first boot, tap next. Then you will boot straight into Android after that.
All bugs are in the development of Android. None are part of my build. To see the current build status of what I am using, go to http://www.androidonhtc.com/wiki/Port_Status

To install additional apps, add the apk file to your sd card under "\storage card\Android\androidapps". Browse to that folder in Android and tap on the file you want to install. To download known working apps go to http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113463

Where I got the information and all appropriate appreciation for the work done. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115443

If you have data issues, remove your sim card and boot again. Android 2.1 rom is coming too

Old 04-15-2010, 08:17 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Jmz Android Rom V1.04.14.10

sweet

Old 04-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

J666Diablo is just getting started

AWESOME! Thanks man. keep up the hard work. I've been watching the progress for awhile now. I'm looking forward to the droid os on my phone once more of features get fully ported.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Nice stuff man!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Nice addition to the family of ROMs, congrats on the Release!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

did they fix sound? do ringtones work yet?

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 04-15-2010, 08:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
did they fix sound? do ringtones work yet?
http://www.androidonhtc.com/wiki/Port_Status

as per first post
Old 04-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Awesome to see your posting a rom for android!

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:56 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Nice...What are your recommendations on charging if you can;t boot into Windows? I see power is only partially fixed. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

from what i understand and have tested is that charging works, just the battery indicator doesnt work correctly
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development