PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 08:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|~[LEAD ROM]~|6.5||10-2-11|-|6.5.X BETA||11-10-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhMeRA View Post
Thank so much. I will flash back to this rom and give it a try again.

Update: The GPS signal seems to work OK the only problem I have is iGuidance not pronouncing street name and this could be solved as long as I disabled HTC Sense before running iGuidance. I hope LEAD aware of this problem and fix it.
I have only used Garmin Mobile XT and iGO8, so I am not very familiar with iGuidance and may not be able to test things out; however, if I do release another beta (may not be soon), you could participate as I try to tackle this issue. In iGO8, this exact issue was present, but it was fixed by changing settings. It seems, the HTC Sense 2018 core (from HD2) is more memory hogging than the 2013 core (For TP2). I didn't see a performance loss when going back to 2013, so I might change cores for memory management improvement. Exams coming up, so no time to work on anything now! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
hm im not sure if it's because of the 6.5 rom or sense 2.5 but is it possible to get the startmenu to show up? I mean the one where it lists 6 programs with 4 of the most recently used ones, instead of the honeycomb all programs window?

It's the one thing that's bugged me about 6.5 roms, I don't want to see all the programs when I press start menu :S, I know about the squares below the clock where you can put the programs, but I wanted those in the start menu too.

I haven't read through the entire thread but pictures didn't show it, but is there a working footprints tab in this rom?
If you're talking about the sense start menu (grid of shortcuts like on home tab when you tap Start), it might be possible to replace the stock windows one with that one. I'll look into that... As far as I know, Footprints if very laggy and requires mortscripts to run properly for the TP2, since it is not meant for it. For this reason (and others similar), I have left tabs not native to the TP2 out. eReader, Documents, and Footprints tabs are not included.

Last edited by leadpoizon; 11-05-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

resinis is just getting started
Re: |ROM|~[LEAD ROM]~|6.5||10-2-11|-|6.5.X BETA||11-10-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrier

been rockin this rom for days now, and its just exactly what i was looking for.

and as far as gps, i dont know why u would want anything more then Bing!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2

bcclittlewill is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i installed the multi-carrier version on my unlocked verizon phone, and i installed the joojoobee .cab, but the buttons still seem calibrated incorrectly.
solutions? ideas? witty comments?
Old 11-14-2011, 01:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro 2

raptors2k is a n00b

Hi, nice ROM... but I need another browser cap.. do you have any other than Opera mobile ??

thank you
Old 11-18-2011, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor

Had my phone replaced a few months ago (Got over 2 yrs out of it b4 the mic failed) and finally got around to re-unlocking and re-loading a ROM. I have to say that this one is the cats meow so far. Very smooth and stable for now. Will try not to bog it down with too much crap.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I am really liking how stable this ROM makes this phone feel. Only issue so far is that I show no bars at home (I have an airave). When I get or make a call it then shows full bars and goes to 1x on data thus indicating I'm connected via airave. This used to happen with Sprint Lovers and some other Roms too. Not a big deal but just wondering why it happens.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc585 View Post
I am really liking how stable this ROM makes this phone feel. Only issue so far is that I show no bars at home (I have an airave). When I get or make a call it then shows full bars and goes to 1x on data thus indicating I'm connected via airave. This used to happen with Sprint Lovers and some other Roms too. Not a big deal but just wondering why it happens.
This is because stock sprint uses 7 bars to indicate signal, which looks kind of cramped, but is more accurate for the most part. Stock HTC uses 4 bars (5 signal levels, no bars indicating lowest signal) to indicate signal. So, having no bars in this ROM is like having 1.4 bars (might be rounded to 2 bars) on stock Sprint ROM. This DOES NOT AFFECT ACTUAL SIGNAL and is simply a visual thing. (similar to how Apple decided to change the way the iPhone showed signal bars after the whole signal drop issue with iPhone 4. :P). In any case, Ev signal tends to be usually lower in most areas and I THINK the phone increases power to the antenna when switching to 1X, which leads to a higher signal when sending/receiving SMS or in-calls.

Last edited by leadpoizon; 11-19-2011 at 03:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

But I should have full bars not zero standing next to the airave, thats what has me thinking. With no bars at all at home I"ll never know if my airave is up.

Still wondering why this phone wasnt shipped with a ROM this stable.

Last edited by tomc585; 11-19-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 9630 tour
Carrier: bell

paascal is a n00b

hi i am with bell... BB 9630, i need to update prl thru the web, bell canada doenst push prl, im 400km away from closest city, cant get a working phone.. anybody can please help if this is possible?

thankS!
Old 11-25-2011, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850

haramzee is just getting started

Yes i must tell you thank you for this ROM once again. Very great.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development