PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 11:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|~[LEAD ROM]~|6.5||12-13-10|-|6.5.X BETA||11-10-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamayocp View Post
Hello Lead!!! like always Thank you for sharing such a great ROM! =D> for the 02.13.11 multi beta release I have the same problem that I used to have with your past releases and that is... the automatic updating feature for the fb contacts..I know it may sound repetitive but I really would like to know if there is anything that i can do to fix this little inconvenient

thank you and keep up the fantastic work!
I think I explained this to ya before, didn't I? Well, the newer FB engine, as opposed to the older older one, uses a different way to store your FB data in the contacts. Like it does with your favorites in the contacts tab, it stores your FB friend data for each contact in the comments field for the contact. You have to go in once and attach your friend data to your contact and then after you're done, go to the main contacts page, slide over to updates tab and update it. After doing this once, the data for all contacts will be saved. Now, even if you hard-reset, this will work automatically and update the contacts when you add your Facebook account. Hope that helps.

Last edited by leadpoizon; 02-20-2011 at 12:00 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: sprint

tamayocp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |ROM|~[LEAD ROM]~|6.5||12-13-10|-|6.5.X BETA||11-10-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpoizon View Post
I think I explained this to ya before, didn't I? Well, the newer FB engine, as opposed to the older older one, uses a different way to store your FB data in the contacts. Like it does with your favorites in the contacts tab, it stores your FB friend data for each contact in the comments field for the contact. You have to go in once and attach your friend data to your contact and then after you're done, go to the main contacts page, slide over to updates tab and update it. After doing this once, the data for all contacts will be saved. Now, even if you hard-reset, this will work automatically and update the contacts when you add your Facebook account. Hope that helps.

ok I think you did and did it well... I understand when you first set up the fb account it does that exactly what you are saying but it does not keep updating? for example it says update every 2 hours... but it does not do it... I really feel like probably I'm the only one that has a fb account lol!or just no understanding that it just no designed to do an automatic updates every 2 hours... another example it could the weather it says every hour or what ever time you want to set it up and it does it, it automatically updates... i knw it may not be that important but i really would like to knw.. i appreciate your time trying to explain to me... did i mention before i kind of level (-2) in this field?
thanks and like always thanks Lead!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:26 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

LEAD ROM 02.20.11 MULTI LITE RC
(Includes SPB screenshot in case any graphical glitches need to me recorded.)
Password: leadpoizon

This is what has changed since the Beta from 2/13/11:

-Changed display driver
-Changed a few taskbar icons
-Performed many graphical fixes in Sense
-Updated and optimized Opera 9.7
-Did some more back-end changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamayocp View Post
ok I think you did and did it well... I understand when you first set up the fb account it does that exactly what you are saying but it does not keep updating? for example it says update every 2 hours... but it does not do it... I really feel like probably I'm the only one that has a fb account lol!or just no understanding that it just no designed to do an automatic updates every 2 hours... another example it could the weather it says every hour or what ever time you want to set it up and it does it, it automatically updates... i knw it may not be that important but i really would like to knw.. i appreciate your time trying to explain to me... did i mention before i kind of level (-2) in this field?
thanks and like always thanks Lead!
I don't know what to tell ya. I use the Facebook contact integration and the weather updates. Both seem to work fine for me. In fact, i haven't ever had any problems with them. :/
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

badsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuff

Lead,

Last month, i almost pulled the plug and went with Epic
Now.. Btw ur rom and the winmospeed OC @ 41% i'm set for near future.

Thank you for ur commitment and awesome contribution.

Can you share ur preference on Opera 9.7 vs Mini? Which is better or faster n why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpoizon View Post
LEAD ROM 02.20.11 MULTI LITE RC
(Includes SPB screenshot in case any graphical glitches need to me recorded.)
Password: leadpoizon

This is what has changed since the Beta from 2/13/11:

-Changed display driver
-Changed a few taskbar icons
-Performed many graphical fixes in Sense
-Updated and optimized Opera 9.7
-Did some more back-end changes

I don't know what to tell ya. I use the Facebook contact integration and the weather updates. Both seem to work fine for me. In fact, i haven't ever had any problems with them. :/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:34 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsez View Post
Lead,

Can you share ur preference on Opera 9.7 vs Mini? Which is better or faster n why?
Agreed. LEAD you're the man.

Opera mini is somewhat faster but you don't get zoom bar integration and it also requires mort script and JMZ smart mort to integrate as the default browser/internet tab browser which takes some more memory away. With O/C though opera 9.7 is the way to go especially if you like the zoom bar.

Last edited by briggs; 02-21-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

badsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuff

Great explanation.

How do i import opera mini links or favorites into opera 9.7, since the 'link' sync feature is missing in 9.7 ??

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
Agreed. LEAD you're the man.

Opera mini is somewhat faster but you don't get zoom bar integration and it also requires mort script and JMZ smart mort to integrate as the default browser/internet tab browser which takes some more memory away. With O/C though opera 9.7 is the way to go especially if you like the zoom bar.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Lead,

Quote:
Great explanation.

How do i import opera mini links or favorites into opera 9.7, since the 'link' sync feature is missing in 9.7 ??

thanks

Opera Mini is indeed pretty nice, since all the heavy processing is done server side by Opera. This leads to less memory and processor usage on your phone. Opera Mobile 9.7 is not as fast, of course, but renders pages a little more nicely, i think. It also integrates into the system much better since that's what comes stock. Features like the zoom-bar, as mentioned above, and even visual bookmarks through the browser tab are natively supported.

About your question: I don't exactly know what Opera Mini saves its favorites as (I thought might be in a .adr file? I forget, haha...), But through the HTC implementation, the Opera 9.7 does not use Opera Mobile format of bookmarks, but uses IE bookmarks which are separate URL shortcuts. This is the same way IE stores favorites on the PC. Hope that helps somewhat.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:00 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

another advantage that may not have been clear yet for 9.7 is that you can sync your favourites with your pc so that you can easily restore them after a flash.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 Vindows plutonium Rom
Carrier: sprint

cganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

is the download link working for anybody? i am not sure if it is my network or not. i am unable to download
Old 02-24-2011, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mizzourob is becoming a great contributor

Lead,

Does the RC include the recently released security fix for Peep so that the username and password is not transmitted in the clear?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development