PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Themed ROM Chef
Pocket PC: CDMA UNLOCKED Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon (for now)

xpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ROM] {8/3/10}{23121}{2012.12} XYC GTX 2.5_XDA_UC/Cookie Home Tab 1.8.5

Welcome to my kitchen...

Based on the XpressDusk Engine, but themed to the work of ElCondor and Kamill, this ROM is the Ying to Yang. Dark to Light. The beauty of the GTX theme with the stability of the XpressDusk that you have made so popular.

Thanks to ElCondor and Kamill for the Primary GTX Theme and thanks to the new GTX team of Nine members: Dark Ninja, S.V.I ,longice, dandnj71, ctbear, fr3sh_t0_d3f, arang, koert17, and Scientific . Thanks also to the following: Boushh, CMYLXGO, NRGZ28, Lycox, BharS, and gfandrea. If I have forgotten anyone, I appologize. I will update as I remember everybody's work that I have incorporated.

Also, thanks to my beta testers: Dapbmonkey4u, Straitup27, Whotahn, Corynat, and Seesser

I also want to thank my assistant - Lynkz83 - He made alot of the improvements possible

Download 8/3 GTX HERE

Verizon users:
tJElite CAB attached below is required for VZW MMS to work

Changelog 7/22/10
Updated SYS to 23121 (Fast)
Skinned WMP
Skinned Notification Enhancement
Fixed alignment problem with tabs position settings screen
Removed WinMo Calculator and Replaced with HTC Calculator Skinned
Updated Dialer - Skinned with CMYLXGO's skin
Changed info box back to default and changed subtext color
Set CHT to auto hide icon frames
Changed Dialer contact selection to Grey
Added GTX Harmonize Skin to better complete the GTX theme
Added Lycox HTC EzInput Skin for GTX
Changed name of gvv.exe in start menu to Google Voice
Changed name of HD Tweak in start menu to TP2 Tweak

Changelog 7/22/10
New weather animations
New OEM Lockscreen
Updated to CHT 1.8.5 and CHTE 1.8.5.1
Skinned entire Start Menu
Set Default wallpaper
Eliminated default Wallpapers and added 12 GTX walls to pick from
Added black YouTube skin to better match theme
Added some apps
Removed some apps
Changed .tsk and taskbars
Added dark bar across appt bar in CHT to make appts more visible
Other stuff I can't remember

Changelog 5/3/10 pm
Added icon changer
soft reset
Steadysoft provisioning

Changelog 5/3/10
New CHT 2.5
New Desire wait curser (Thanks dapbmonkey4u)

Changelog 4/30/10
Fixed problem with slider icons. Tribis perfect slider is now "Perfect"
Changelog 4/29/10
Changed slider
Added back in: Audibooster, MP3 Trimmer, Skype (official), Slacker Radio, Live search WM6 (not that new Bing garbage)
Changelog 4/27/10
Upgraded Sys to 23563
CHT 1.7.1
Fixed clock issue
Switched to Bilbo's taskbar
Added NEW GTX analog clock
Keepass
NyxHex Editor
Peek Pocket
PHM Reg edit
Reorganized Start menu
Removed HD Mini Lockscreen
Other cool stuff I can't remember
ChangeLog 4/14/10:
Added Cookie 1.7 (CHT Editor in Tweaks Folder)
Fixed Twitter Tab
Removed Mo'tweets

Your phone has a tab, so follow me HERE

Attached Files
File Type: cab tjELITE.VZWArcSoftMMS5.2.12.45.cab (4.33 MB, 211 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab XYC GTX ClockFix v2.cab (21.7 KB, 104 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by xpressyourcell; 08-03-2010 at 12:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 21 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Themed ROM Chef
Threadstarter

xpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the community
Re: [ROM]21893_2012.14_4/1 XpressLite_Facebook/Reader/Docs/Cookie Home Tab

Whotahn's guide for this ROM. THANK YOU to everyone I used info from in making this, especially ElCondor and Kamill, the creators of the GTX theme. I will attempt to keep this post up to date with items so feel free to PM with info, BUT keep in mind that this is a guide not an every-step-how to manual that is constantly updated for every little thing…….that is what the thread is for.
XPRESSYOURCELL IS NOT PAID FOR THE TIME, EFFORT, OR FINISHED PRODUCTS HE POSTS HERE! PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL IN MAKING POSTS IN THIS THREAD. THE CHEF IS HERE TO HELP AND COOK….NOT TO TRY TO MAKE EVRY SINGLE USER HAPPY AND TO ACCOMMODATE CUSTOM REQUESTS. WE ARE ALL FELLOW PPCGEEKS & DUSK ADDICTS… WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER.
Another important note is that this is a GTX THEME BASED ROM. If you aren’t looking for GTX….you are in the wrong thread!!!!! Painstaking time has gone into building this as a GTX ROM. Many files are not just skinned they are completely replaced with GTX files that may react differently than the standard issue. Xpressyourcell can not be sure of what mods made by others will or will not work with THIS ROM, so it is up to users to trial and error on customizations and skinning outside of the GTX base. Adding different Taskbars, wait cursors, and so forth CAN cause little issues or bugs to arise. PLEASE be sure any bugs are ROM related and not related to the installation of other aps/mods.
BEFORE WE BEGIN, A WORD OF WARNING!!
IMPORTANT, KEY, VITAL, whatever you wanna call it! It is very key that you be familiar and comfortable with the entire process of unlocking, flashing, returning to stock, and relocking your device. If what I just said is gibberish…….this is aimed at YOU!! So here are some links to follow to read, read, read, & read some more about the Unlocking/Locking and Flashing processes. Failing to do so can lead to one heck of an expensive display model……..AND NONE OF US ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT EXCEPT YOU!!!

HOW TO UNLOCK HSPL
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

HOW TO UNLOCK AND FLASH FROM THE SD CARD

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95375
Wideawake’s SD ROM Flasher App: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111602 A nifty lil’ tool for those of us that primarily flash form the SD. I encourage you to check this thread out for all the details. It is an awesome app.

XYC GTX ………basic low down!
IN XPRESSYOURCELL’s Kitchen you can expect to see nothing but GTX first and foremost and then you will see the ROM is built with the CoOkie Monster Home Tab. It is recommended that if you are unfamiliar CoOkie, please visit there respected thread. Also it isn’t going to help develop those specific themes by posting gripes in THIS thread or any thread…….Visit the home thread for Cookie Home Tab to express any concerns……AND ALWAYS THANK THE OPS….
Co0kie Monster Home Tab(CHT): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483

FAQ: What is the diff between cooked in CHT vs cab installs of the theme??
Basically speed and smoothness are the benefits as well as a slightly smaller footprint. If Xpress were to make a standard ROM without Co0kie then the cab version could be installed and used as well……although for time being Xpress is cooking it up for us!

PROVISIONING: Keyboard issues, MMS, ETC.

Xpress is doing what many other Chefs are not, cooking each ROM specific to the carriers. By doing this and working with testers he has been able to create ROMS that are PRE-provisioned so to speak. With this Keyboard mapping and MMS is being cooked into the ROM. For those used to using provisioning apps for other ROMS, remember to DL the ROM specific to your carrier rather than trying to provision, shouldn’t be hard Xpress has clearly labeled the links to each carriers folder.

***Xpress is currently testing issues with MMS and MMS clients. Please check his Twitter status, the first post of the thread, or the most recent posts in the thread to find specifics for current releases. Upon finding the way he wants to stick with, if he does, I will update this portion. For now it up to users to SEARCH the thread and see what method is being used currently. THIS WILL BE UPDATED AS WE FIND MORE SOLID FIXES.

Keyboard Layouts: In case yours is not correct ( please report though if it’s not)
VZW: HERE
Sprint/Telus: (should be the same) HERE
USCC:
Others: Link me to em’ and I’ll post em.

To Thank Whotahn for this setup Guide and maintaining it, please go HERE
XDA_UC TIPS:
1. YOU MUST CREATE A FOLDER IN THE ROOT OF YOUR STORAGE CARD NAMED "XDA_UC" EXACTLY AS IT IS HERE, WITH THE CAPITAL LETTERS AND UNDERSCORE. Any thing you put in this folder will auto install to the device. If you want something to auto install to the storage card, create another folder within "XDA_UC" called "SD". Anything you put into the "SD" folder will give you the option of device or storage card for installation.
2. All ROMS created after 4/16/10 will be cooked with provisioning. This means that you will need to have the correct Arcsoft and Keyboard configurations for your carrier. Put those 2 cabs in the XDA_UC folder on your storage card and your MMS and Keyboard should always work for you.
3. OK Flash junkies...Here's a trick for ya that you're gonna love...Tired of re-entering your twitter,facebook and youtube logins into manila everytime you flash? Go into TOTAL COMMANDER>\\Plugins>registry>HKLM>SOFTWARE>HTC>Now copy the HTCAccountManger folder and paste it into the XDA_UC folder on your storage card. BAM! Next time you flash, your accounts will be all set up for you!

For more information on using XDA_UC, go to the xda forum HERE

Last edited by xpressyourcell; 04-17-2010 at 12:51 AM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Themed ROM Chef
Threadstarter

General ?’s
Q: Is XDA_UC, RunCC, SDConfig, SASHIMI or any other auto customization/backup tools included with this ROM?
A: Currently XDA_UC is now being cooked in . However Sashimi is verified working as is SPB backup.

Q: How can I stop the weather on the Home tab, it’s slowing everything down?
A: For Cookie the best option is to pick a quick link (QL) box and tap it/ then you will see the add program, add contact, add bookmark/ or the Weather Animation on/off option. Obviously in this case choose the weather animation option and add it to the QL. Then you can use that QL as an on and off switch for the weather animations. Although….If you change your WP and the animation is off it will automatically turn itself back on, easy fix though since you have that QL set up with the on/off switch. Another way to kill weather animations with Cookie is to reset the Wallpaper in this method: From the Home tab, click Menu/Home Wallpaper/Animated Wallpaper/ Here you can select an animated WP or you can select a still wallpaper by clicking “Albums” right softkey and search for your pic.

Q: What’s the report on battery life?
A: Largely depends on user and usage. It is impossible to accurately gauge battery life without letting the device go through a few cycles of charging.

System ?’s
Q: What version of Windows OS and Sense UI does this ROM sport?
A: Newest builds built with Manila 2.5.2012.14 with Doc,Reader,Facebook tabs added in. Windows 6.5.x build 23529.

Q: Does this ROM have stealth tethering for internet sharing?
A: Jep

Q: Is Wi-Fi Router stealth as well?
A: Ubetcha

Q: Is this ROM Cookie or MaxManila compatible?
A: CoOkie is cooked into the ROM.

Q: Can I use the FM radio with this ROM?
A: NOPE. The FM radio feature is not currently supported by CDMA devices due to hardware reasons. BUT: Internet radio is a go and Xpressyourcell has Slacker cooked right in!

Q: How much signal will I lose by installing this?
A: The radio controls your signal and roaming capabilities not your ROM. So the ROM can not affect your signal strength.

FORUM/THREAD HINTS: Very Helpful
Try these methods before POSTING cabs or posting requests for cabs that you know have already been posted in the thread.

1) The “Paperclip” or threads Attached Files page allows you to view any files attached to a particular thread. Great for when you know what cab or file you want and know it was somewhere in the thread already. It is found by looking beside the Threads Title in the main forum you are in……. i.e. If you are in XYC GTX thread, back out of it to the CDMA TP2 Upgrades forum and find the XYC GTX thread again…..beside the thread title is an icon of a…….you guessed it…..a Paperclip. Click this icon to get to the attached files page and have access to all files uploaded to that thread. Very useful, I wish I would have learned this sooner! One thing to keep in mind though is PPCGEEKS is constantly filling up and using its storage resources to the MAX. PLEASE try not to post cabs and files that are already posted in the thread since they are all stored in the Attached Files page anyways. No need for 10 identical arcsoft cabs just because someone doesn’t want to take the time to use the Paperclip.

2) “Search Thread” found in the bar right above the first post of the page you are on, along with “view first unread” , “thread tools” “rating” and Display options which are pretty self explanatory and very useful as well. This “Search Thread” feature gives you the option of searching only in the particular thread you are viewing. Just as when you are in the main forum you can use “Search Forum” to search all threads in the forum.

Well that’s all for today my fellow………………….
“XYC GTX Fanatics……….we're not addicts….it’s much more than that.” Whotahn

This took more than 10 minutes to do......PLEASE do not cut and paste it for your own........THANKS

Please Thank Whotahn for all his hard work on the FAQ's HERE

Last edited by xpressyourcell; 04-12-2010 at 02:03 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Themed ROM Chef
Threadstarter

GTX ADD-ONS THREAD HERE

EVERTHING GTX @ XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=675224

Icons by Drew2000: HERE

Last edited by xpressyourcell; 05-05-2010 at 12:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Themed ROM Chef
Threadstarter

Reserved
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Themed ROM Chef
Threadstarter

1 more for good luck!@
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:20 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

make a packed rom... lots of goodies

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Themed ROM Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
make a packed rom... lots of goodies
How do you manage to be in the first 3 posters of every new thread on this site?!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:26 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you noticed
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Themed ROM Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
you noticed
Seems like every ROM that I look at, you're on the first page! HOW DO YOU DO THAT!
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development