PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G, Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

ProDriver77 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa
no you can use the same one you have if you want.
if I can use the same radio, then this won't wipe out my Sprint radio?

For example, if I want to flash the newest MightyROM:

1. Flash Task 29.
2. Enter Bootloader Mode.
3. Flash MightyROM.

That's it? No need to flash a radio in this case?

Sorry if this is a repeat question. The answers I've read thus far are a bit confusing.

I'm being a very special person today. Let me put on my helmet and stop licking the windows LOL.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:55 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [TOOL] Task 29 (format internal Memory) without drivers, witout mtty

you have to add the radio to the task29 folder. the RUU_signed.nbh for the radio

add it then use the task29.exe

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
you have to add the radio to the task29 folder. the RUU_signed.nbh for the radio

add it then use the task29.exe
Well I did it! Don't know if it was quit as sanitary as your method but it worked. I downloaded the radio for my carrier and since it was in a exe file I just ran task 29, them installed my radio next, then put in my custom rom and all seems to have worked great. It sure saves a lot of steps over the flash dance!

Thxs for all the the help.

Quick note: the only version of task 29 that worked for me was in post #9 (maybe the others require you to drop in the radio).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:02 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

The reason why is...the one in post 9 has a bootscreen. You didn't need to flash your radio with the one in post 29...since it flashes a bootscreen...
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Since I'm running the stock Sprint radio, do I need to run Sprint Radio Unlocker prior to running this tool with the radio dropped in?
Old 04-04-2010, 01:45 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDriver77 View Post

Since I'm running the stock Sprint radio, do I need to run Sprint Radio Unlocker prior to running this tool with the radio dropped in?
No. Run the one in post 9, no need to flash a radio. Must be HSPL unlocked.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDriver77 View Post

No. Run the one in post 9, no need to flash a radio. Must be HSPL unlocked.
That must be the one listed in MM's ROM thread (Ziggified).

Sweet! This will give me something to do tomorrow while the wife and kids are all over-sugared! LOL.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

Could someone please provide a simplistic explanation of what this is fixing and what it really does to accomplish the fix? I sense that somehow when flashing, either with a too-large or 'bad' ROM, that we have hosed the phone in some way and this procedure fixes the issue. I've been through several threads talking about this, but none of them have a good simple explanation of what the issue and fix are really about.

I'd really love to read the actual poop on what this is.

thanks

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
Old 04-04-2010, 02:10 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
Could someone please provide a simplistic explanation of what this is fixing and what it really does to accomplish the fix? I sense that somehow when flashing, either with a too-large or 'bad' ROM, that we have hosed the phone in some way and this procedure fixes the issue. I've been through several threads talking about this, but none of them have a good simple explanation of what the issue and fix are really about.

I'd really love to read the actual poop on what this is.

thanks
I'm writing one up here...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1679967
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc tpuch pro 2
Carrier: globe

artlexvi is just getting started

many many many thank for the program and for the specific explanation

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development