PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

Jaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Jaybell4444 Send a message via MSN to Jaybell4444 Send a message via Yahoo to Jaybell4444
Smile Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
the white background is normal. what you need to do after installation is go to settings tab>personalize>home tab wallpaper>animated wallpaper. you will see static and lightning bolt thumbnail. pick static for bg4all wallpaper without weather animations and lightning bolt for bg4all with weather animations. After selected one of the two, immediately go back in and select weather wallpaper this time, and pick your wallpaper, it should take about 20 seconds or so to initiate. Hope this helps.
I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thanx!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO / TP2
Carrier: Sprint

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Am I the only one who is having serious problems with their Windows Mobile 6.5 Sprint ROM?

I'm going bat-sh!t crazy with some of the out-of-box issues this ROM contains. Total and massive letdown!

First and foremost, the Sense 2.5 lag in very prominent. Sometimes it's almost unusable. The slider and clock flips can completely bug out at times and slow my entire device to crawl. Manila.exe is also quite troublesome in itself. I've witnessed it capping out my CPU at 90% and freezing up my Touch Pro 2 to the point that I need to yank the battery out because not even the power button is working.

Also, at random I won't be able to turn back on my TP2 screen. I think it's in conjunction with the Manila.exe CPU usage problem. As if it had happened while my screen was off, thus I can't turn it back on. Again, the only solution, good old battery pull.

So far today I've had this happen 4 times in the span of over 2 hours use.

I installed GoodThings2Life's Sprint tweak in hopes of fixing some general annoyances I've had with the stock ROM but other than that the only major .cab I've installed is At0mAng Enhanced D3D driver in hopes of speeding up my TP2 graphics. At this point in time I'm about to try other drivers because these don't seem to be working what so ever. The lag is extremely intense!

But most of all, I've had one thing that's tick me off to the max. Every time I go to my text messages and exit back out of a thread to the inbox, my default (Not HTC Messaging) seizes up and freezes for 5 to 10 seconds. This is INCREDIBLY annoying, especially when you are texting 3 or 4 people.
I can't stand it! I'm about to downgrade to 6.1 just because of that! I feel as if I'm running Windows 7 on a Windows 98 machine. I just don't understand how HTC could take SO long (5 months) on an OS and not even get it to work properly? I mean it's not even 6.5.3 for christ sakes! At this rate, I'll be lucky to see 6.5.3 by the time Windows Phone 7 Series is rolled out.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Touch Pro 2. But the software is KILLING it. I enjoy how much more finger friendly and flashy Sense and 6.5 is, but I'm missing the stability of 6.1. I'd take Windows Mobile over Android, WebOS, BlackBerry and the unmentionable _Phone. But this is a total let down.

I currently these cabs installed:
Sprint Touch Pro2 Tweaks.
HTC Taskmanager
Co0kie's Home Tab (It was just as laggy before)
XDA-Tom_Codon CM Wifi internet sharing
Classic Word Completion
David Andrs Batti
OMJ Stop.Clock.Flip
At0mAng Enhanced D3D driver

and a few other programs that don't really matter.

I've only seen an improvement since installing new software but the crap that I'm facing is still the same.
Lag-Crash-Freeze-Reboot

I NEVER thought I'd say this, but a Palm Pre is looking tempting right now.

Anyone have a suggestion for a Touch Pro 2 lover?

Last edited by OMGWTF_BBQ; 03-23-2010 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Solved one problem
Old 03-23-2010, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF_BBQ View Post
Am I the only one who is having serious problems with their Windows Mobile 6.5 Sprint ROM?

I'm going bat-sh!t crazy with some of the out-of-box issues this ROM contains. Total and massive letdown!

First and foremost, the Sense 2.5 lag in very prominent. Sometimes it's almost unusable. The slider and clock flips can completely bug out at times and slow my entire device to crawl. Manila.exe is also quite troublesome in itself. I've witnessed it capping out my CPU at 90% and freezing up my Touch Pro 2 to the point that I need to yank the battery out because not even the power button is working.

Also, at random I won't be able to turn back on my TP2 screen. I think it's in conjunction with the Manila.exe CPU usage problem. As if it had happened while my screen was off, thus I can't turn it back on. Again, the only solution, good old battery pull.

So far today I've had this happen 4 times in the span of over 2 hours use.

I installed GoodThings2Life's Sprint tweak in hopes of fixing some general annoyances I've had with the stock ROM but other than that the only major .cab I've installed is At0mAng Enhanced D3D driver in hopes of speeding up my TP2 graphics. At this point in time I'm about to try other drivers because these don't seem to be working what so ever. The lag is extremely intense!

But most of all, I've had one thing that's tick me off to the max. Every time I go to my text messages and exit back out of a thread to the inbox, my default (Not HTC Messaging) seizes up and freezes for 5 to 10 seconds. This is INCREDIBLY annoying, especially when you are texting 3 or 4 people.
I can't stand it! I'm about to downgrade to 6.1 just because of that! I feel as if I'm running Windows 7 on a Windows 98 machine. I just don't understand how HTC could take SO long (5 months) on an OS and not even get it to work properly? I mean it's not even 6.5.3 for christ sakes! At this rate, I'll be lucky to see 6.5.3 by the time Windows Phone 7 Series is rolled out.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Touch Pro 2. But the software is KILLING it. I enjoy how much more finger friendly and flashy Sense and 6.5 is, but I'm missing the stability of 6.1. I'd take Windows Mobile over Android, WebOS, BlackBerry and the unmentionable _Phone. But this is a total let down.

I currently these cabs installed:
Sprint Touch Pro2 Tweaks.
HTC Taskmanager
Co0kie's Home Tab (It was just as laggy before)
XDA-Tom_Codon CM Wifi internet sharing
Classic Word Completion
David Andrs Batti
OMJ Stop.Clock.Flip
At0mAng Enhanced D3D driver

and a few other programs that don't really matter.

I've only seen an improvement since installing new software but the crap that I'm facing is still the same.
Lag-Crash-Freeze-Reboot

Anyone have a suggestion for a Touch Pro 2 lover?
I can honestly say that I have been running the ROM since the 19th and have not seen any of these problems on my TP2. It is every bit as responsive as any other 6.5 ROM I have tried. I have seen other people who have said that after installing the task manager cab to get it back on the task bar, that their phones have noticably slowed down. I do not have it installed on mine. And don't know if it matters, but I don't keep any more than 5-10 text messages in my system at any given time.
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF_BBQ View Post

haha, my son just got a palm pre this weekend. i have been playing with it. it is a nice UI but it is limited. runs pretty smooth. i wouldn't mind having one if i could get it cheap. he paid 100 dollars then turned around and sold his instinct for 75. he came out pretty nice.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jreid5 is a n00b

after i hit download and select save to memory card then try to open and run it says it cannot.... please help
Old 03-24-2010, 12:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

Dr Evasan is just getting started

I want to update my phone, but I do not have outlook so I can't sync my contacts, calendar, etc. Do you think I could just backup to "microsoft my phone" or is there another type of 3rd party tool used to backup this info when you're not an outlook user? I hate to be noob, but searching for "My Phone" doesn't really return anything useful.

Thanks for your help.

<my first post!!! >
Old 03-24-2010, 01:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Evasan View Post
I want to update my phone, but I do not have outlook so I can't sync my contacts, calendar, etc. Do you think I could just backup to "microsoft my phone" or is there another type of 3rd party tool used to backup this info when you're not an outlook user? I hate to be noob, but searching for "My Phone" doesn't really return anything useful.

Thanks for your help.

<my first post!!! >
yea...definitely use myphone. just google it and it's the first link.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Evasan View Post

Thanks for your help.

<my first post!!! >
MyPhone, PIMBackup or even Google all can backup parts or everything - but I would suggest MyPhone for ease

Last edited by detroit_doug; 03-24-2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreid5 View Post
after i hit download and select save to memory card then try to open and run it says it cannot.... please help

are you referring to the Sprint update in this? help requested usually goes easier with details first

if it is the update you are trying to upgrade to off your SD card it cant open it as it is an exe file either
a) download to a PC, extract the contents via WinRAR or 7Zip and rename the nbm file and move it to your SD card then flash via SD

or

b) download to SD card (done) use a mobile version of WinRAR or 7Zip and extract the files then renaming the NBH file as above
Old 03-24-2010, 02:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

? to anyone i'am in a custom rom will like to flash the new sprint radio 2.32 wf do i have to be security unlocked to flash the radio ? or since it is from sprint i can flash without having to flash the new stock rom 6.5 ??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development