PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 04:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brandon.towey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] IceyROM COLD SERIES C6.23121|06-11-10|FINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
sorry for my delayed reply, ive been away for a few weeks, can you post a build log? that way i can see what your not including
I fixed the SMS issue by including the WebView package in my ROM. OS Kitchen has it as a non-essential package for IE so I was leaving it out because I use Opera.

As for the soft key, I'm honestly not sure what I included bought it back but I think it was the Manila core and what not. That's my best guess.

Thanks again for the kitchen, much appreciated it. Don't worry about the time it took to get back. It's better that I learn it on my own, anyways. That way it sticks.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:21 AM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED
Threadstarter

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

I was figuring it was webview. I had the same prob. Glad it's working forbyou. I really enjoyed my kitchen. Time for a new sys and package update
Old 06-22-2010, 01:59 AM
N00b

brandon.towey is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
I was figuring it was webview. I had the same prob. Glad it's working forbyou. I really enjoyed my kitchen. Time for a new sys and package update
You have one in mind? I've tried a bunch, from 21xxx to 28xxx and I honestly don't see much difference. I researched but there's not that much centralized info on the forums. The only thing I could find was a breakdown of the builds saying what company they're OEM for.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:44 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon.towey View Post
You have one in mind? I've tried a bunch, from 21xxx to 28xxx and I honestly don't see much difference. I researched but there's not that much centralized info on the forums. The only thing I could find was a breakdown of the builds saying what company they're OEM for.
Ive used 28232 (old), 235xx series (23563 was the fastest), and now I am using 23123 (after starting with 23121). Seems ther 235xx series is dying and the 6.5.3 series like 23123 are what is getting updates. I am having good luck with the 23123, no freezeups or randow issues noticed in the last few days since flashing.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:20 PM
N00b

brandon.towey is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
Ive used 28232 (old), 235xx series (23563 was the fastest), and now I am using 23123 (after starting with 23121). Seems ther 235xx series is dying and the 6.5.3 series like 23123 are what is getting updates. I am having good luck with the 23123, no freezeups or randow issues noticed in the last few days since flashing.
*EDIT* Figured it out. Had to uncheck Manila as a cooked in option.

Ah, I was under the assumption that higher build numbers were newer/better. I'll give 23123 a shot.

I've got one other issue but it's not a huge deal, I found a work around. The Settings folder on the Start Menu that's installed when flashing doesn't show up. What I did was take the Settings.ink from the Settings folder and put it in the Start Menu folder in Windows but it's like it's a separate...something. I can't go back once I click on the Settings folder. I have to close the Start Menu and re-open it to access any other folder. Not a huge deal, but if there's a quick fix(no re-flash) I'd like to fix it. Thanks.

Last edited by brandon.towey; 06-24-2010 at 11:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
calkulin, icey