PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700, mogul, touch pro, iphone 3g, touch pro ²
Carrier: sprint & t·mobile

mike.one is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: IceyROM v1.0 now AVAILIBLE!!!!

downloading now
Old 03-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Sprint

Jkyken9 is a n00b

These Roms are really the fastest. I have tested 2 (21895, 23547) What's the difference in all three? Beside all that Great Job
Old 03-18-2010, 11:38 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u

So I have been running 23110 for a little while. The Bubble Breaker game is broke, no icon in the game folder and when selected gives an error...Not a big deal. Take it out no one will miss it.

EDIT: nevermind the bubble breaker comment, I see you have a cab for that...hehehe.

When switching to the "COOK" theme in the today settings the soft keys disappear. I was able to test the classic blue and that is fine and switching to the Dusk is also fine.

I find that you have numerous icons duplicated in different folders. In the START menu you have the Task Manager, Marketplace and Windows Live icons. Marketplace and Windows Live are also in the Application folder. The Task Manager is also in the System Tools folder.

The Office 2010 icon is in the Application folder, but there is also a Office Mobile 2010 Folder in Utilities with nothing in it.

You also have a music folder with only Win Media Player and a Multimedia Folder An older icon style Win Media, but more to the point other music inspired apps.

I am on a USCC TP2. I have been able to add some mods as a beta from biganadad dusk theme that didn't cause any glitches or slow downs. This build version is very solid and very quick. I don't feel anything that I mentioned was a serious fault in the rom. the latest EnergyRom has the same issue with switching from any theme back to the 2010 NOW theme. Everything else is visual and personal preference of the user. I would go into the Windows folder and just move some icons and get rid of others as duplicates.

Great Job and I will be looking forward to further updates.

Time to flash to your 23638 build.

Last edited by dapbmonkey4u; 03-18-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:44 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED
Threadstarter

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkyken9 View Post
These Roms are really the fastest. I have tested 2 (21895, 23547) What's the difference in all three? Beside all that Great Job
the difference is the com branches:

21895 is com2 and is considered the more stable 6.5 branch

23547 is com5 (6.5.5)

ect... mainly all are test builds as i figure out which branch i want to stick to.. (very fond of 235xx branch right now)

thanks for liking the roms! hit that thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:50 PM
ICE
Threadstarter

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u View Post
So I have been running 23110 for a little while. The Bubble Breaker game is broke, no icon in the game folder and when selected gives an error...Not a big deal. Take it out no one will miss it.

EDIT: nevermind the bubble breaker comment, I see you have a cab for that...hehehe.

When switching to the "COOK" theme in the today settings the soft keys disappear. I was able to test the classic blue and that is fine and switching to the Dusk is also fine.

I find that you have numerous icons duplicated in different folders. In the START menu you have the Task Manager, Marketplace and Windows Live icons. Marketplace and Windows Live are also in the Application folder. The Task Manager is also in the System Tools folder.

The Office 2010 icon is in the Application folder, but there is also a Office Mobile 2010 Folder in Utilities with nothing in it.

You also have a music folder with only Win Media Player and a Multimedia Folder An older icon style Win Media, but more to the point other music inspired apps.

I am on a USCC TP2. I have been able to add some mods as a beta from biganadad dusk theme that didn't cause any glitches or slow downs. This build version is very solid and very quick. I don't feel anything that I mentioned was a serious fault in the rom. the latest EnergyRom has the same issue with switching from any theme back to the 2010 NOW theme. Everything else is visual and personal preference of the user. I would go into the Windows folder and just move some icons and get rid of others as duplicates.

Great Job and I will be looking forward to further updates.

Time to flash to your 23638 build.
lol now this is what i call a breakdown! thanks! i literally just got the 23110 build, tossed it in the kitchen, deleted a few .lnk files, and then cooked it up. now i know what i need to fix up to run that build... 23638 is very buggy and lots of messed up links. 23547 is the better build right now and i may post an updated version along with 23549 to see what can be found.

thanks again!
Old 03-19-2010, 12:17 AM
I break things, for fun.

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You were correct about the 23638 build. It is quick unless Opera was just exited. I had about a 2-3 second system lag after I shut Opera down. I restarted after I provisioned for USCC. As it was loading HTC Sense I got the XDA_UC.mscr error. XDA_UC worked as it should on the 23110 build. I only found two bad links: OneNote and Share Point Mobile. Not big apps for me, but for others it might cause hesitation.

Opera does run well when in the program and using the browser, quick screen downloads, but notice a slight delay when typing.

I don't mean to be a ****, but 3 task managers? You are the chef and if you feel it helps the system run efficiently than who am I.

The Google maps GPS was very quick at triangulating my position from cell towers while loading the satellite info.

If the good things in this rom run more stable on the widely used builds than those must be almost perfect. I did notice the same problem with the cook theme taking away the soft keys.

There were a few times the system decided to lag, the worst being for about 5 seconds and the first key selected was executed. I got worried the phone was locked up.

Unstable and lots of bugs, but you need to put it out there and see what shakes loose and see if it can be fixed or move on to another platform. A very solid rom and a great job by the chef working with builds that are not widely used. I know I haven't personally seen a 23110 build on PPCG yet and have not flashed to a 23638 or seen it also. I will be subscribing to the thread and watching for updates as these build are very promising.

smiznith thank you for a couple of roms that were enjoyable to flash and work with.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:59 AM
ICE
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u View Post
I don't mean to be a ****, but 3 task managers? You are the chef and if you feel it helps the system run efficiently than who am I.

If the good things in this rom run more stable on the widely used builds than those must be almost perfect. I did notice the same problem with the cook theme taking away the soft keys.

There were a few times the system decided to lag, the worst being for about 5 seconds and the first key selected was executed. I got worried the phone was locked up.

Unstable and lots of bugs, but you need to put it out there and see what shakes loose and see if it can be fixed or move on to another platform. A very solid rom and a great job by the chef working with builds that are not widely used. I know I haven't personally seen a 23110 build on PPCG yet and have not flashed to a 23638 or seen it also. I will be subscribing to the thread and watching for updates as these build are very promising.

smiznith thank you for a couple of roms that were enjoyable to flash and work with.

thanks for testing her out... with the 3 task managers, its .lnk files that keep getting created by the sys that i havet found yet. i have slowly started finding them as the sys drop so they will be diappeearing as in my current 23547 w/ new graphics do not have them.

in some builds bubblebreaker works and in otbhers it seems to not work. not sure y but i will be figuring that out next.

weird that xda_uc stopped working on 23638... i will hafta rebuild this wknd and see why but in 23547 it works fine just has a serious delay.

thanks again for trial running me. i should have a new release once 23550 drops or this sprint 6.5 update is worth having around...

Last edited by smiznith; 03-19-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:01 AM
I break things, for fun.

No prob, you keep dropping them and I will continue flashing. great work.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kvictor017 is becoming a great contributor

Great rom! The fastest 23547 rom I've seen so far. I was wondering if anyone has tried to play with Max Manilla with this rom? I used v3.0 and the home screen is all crazy looking after the reset.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:43 AM
ICE
Threadstarter

sprint dropped its own 2.5.2012 rom this morning... new rom coming tonight....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
calkulin, icey