PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

sureshot007 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6-19 [ROM / Kitchen] - 'Sprint Basics 1.4' Visual Kitchen - WM 6.1 Only

SCORE!!! I just found the reg fix for the volume reset problem!!!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1366071-post60.html
Old 03-16-2011, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

sureshot007 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I just spent a week with a 6.5 rom, and I just couldn't get it configured like I wanted it, so I'm back!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot007 View Post
I just spent a week with a 6.5 rom, and I just couldn't get it configured like I wanted it, so I'm back!
Welcome back!

I just updated the links on the main post. No updates, just fixed broken links.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

ironhead65 is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So, I downloaded both the kitchen and the provided image. I get to the point of the "Updating the ROM image on your PDA phone", with the progress bar on both the update program AND on my phone. The one on the phone came after the multi-colored screen.
My TP2 is STOCK. As in TOTALLY stock, never touched, patched, hacked, etc. I do not have the Sprint SIM card in it. I took it out to run Android. That was neat, but I don't do that any longer. However, I have NOT put the SIM card back in.
My PC is Windows XP. I disabled the virus scanner, THEN extracted the kitchen. I chose a few things, disabled a few, then hit Create ROM. After this, my PC sat for a while with lots of "progress" (text flying across the screen as it did ... stuff). After a while, another program...a small rectangular box popped up (phone programmer).
The FIRST time I got to this point, XP asked me if I wanted to accept an unsigned driver. It was something like "HTC USB". I clicked Continue Anyway. After this, IMMEDIATLY the program stated that it could NOT connect to the phone. I said OK as the driver was apparently not installed. So, I exited the kitchen and tried the "pre-made" ROM. This I ran "ROMUPDATEUTILITY.exe", which popped up the same little rectangular box. Went through all the steps. This time, my phone went multicolored. After 10 seconds, it went all grey with a progress bar at 0%. My desktop did the same. It sat there at 0% for a while. Nothing happened. Eventually it failed out and gave me recovery steps (thank you to whomever wrote those in!!).
So, I decided to try the kitchen again. This time, I was able to get to the sameplace as the pre-made ROM. Got to the progress bars. I tried a few times, I get stuck there without fail (or with Fail??).
The only thing I can think of, is I missed some documentation somewhere that stated I needed to unlock something, or not having my Sprint provided SIM card is making the ROM update fail.
I'm thinking it's more I didn't unlock something (it seems most people in the thread here have had other ROMS, so maybe they are already unlocked??). Is there any tips that anyone can give me? Is there some kind of unlocker that I needed to use? I've only updated one other phone...and it was using a Carrier provided ROM...so I am not sure if I am missing a step.
Thanks! --Ironhead
Old 05-04-2011, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

@ironhead65

You need to unlock 1st, instructions HERE
Old 05-04-2011, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
@ironhead65

You need to unlock 1st, instructions HERE
I would agree!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Lurker

ironhead65 is a n00b

Awesome!

That did it!

scrosler, thank you so much for this ROM. I love to have things efficient!

I went from having 49MB of flash and 14-40MB of ram to having 173MB Flash and 84MB of ram...and that was AFTER installing 2x more programs than I had installed with the "stock" Sprint ROM!

REALLY AWESOME! My phone is running like it's overclocked to 800MHz!!! That is without ANY overclocking!! It scrolls smoother, seems to run faster, and everything is just so nice-nice!!!

The only thing I am having trouble with is, I typically overwrote the phoneon.wav file in the \Windows directory with a file of the same name, size 0 (nothing in it). I tried to replace it this time. However, my rom had the name PhoneOn.wav, not PHONEON.wav (stock name). So, now in \Windows I have BOTH files. Without having to redo the ROM, is there a way to overwrite the file? Or just STOP the sound when the radio is turned on (during boot).

Thank you again!!!

--Ironhead
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:43 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhead65 View Post
The only thing I am having trouble with is, I typically overwrote the phoneon.wav file in the \Windows directory with a file of the same name, size 0 (nothing in it). I tried to replace it this time. However, my rom had the name PhoneOn.wav, not PHONEON.wav (stock name). So, now in \Windows I have BOTH files. Without having to redo the ROM, is there a way to overwrite the file? Or just STOP the sound when the radio is turned on (during boot).

Thank you again!!!

--Ironhead
I would rename the file to something like phoneon.wav.xxx. Im sure that will do the trick. Let me know if not.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Lurker

ironhead65 is a n00b

In FileExplore, it will let me "try" to rename the file of size 0, but: "Files Located in ROM cannot be renamed". When I try to rename the "real" file, it does not give me that option.

In Total Commander, It doesn't fail, but doesn't do anything.

--Ironhead
Old 05-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Lurker

ironhead65 is a n00b

Strange, I opened the "real" file for editing in a Total Commander's text editor. After I opened it, I just typed a bunch of nonsense. Closed and saved. Now the file won't play in media player, nor make noise when I turn the radio back on. Strange...just noticed, the files of size "0" disappeared.

Hopefully this won't cause a memory leak or something like that.

--Ironhead

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development