PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

capflyer1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{23529/6.5.5}-2/9/10-Formula's SPB MobileSense 3.5.3 [Sprint/Generic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpucillo74 View Post
Same problem here. I've had this problem before and was told that it was due to incompatabilities in themes and Manila builds. Don't know if that's true. I just found wallpapers I liked, saved them on my desktop, moved them into my storage card with Windows Mobile Device Center, and chose Change Backgroubnd <picture file> to get around thast problem
Interesting, so every TP2 has this problem? or just certain flavors? When I load other SPB Roms I'm able to browse the online galleries just fine so I'm thinking maybe it lies in the MobileSense?

The other time that this is encountered is to goto start->settings->home and choose a different theme (be warned that you will have to hard reset after doing this). After performing this your start menu will be corrupted until you hardreset....

Thanks for all the help and again I appreciate this awesome ROM!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by capflyer1 View Post
First off, I have to give my hats off to Formula... Best ROM I've ever used. Love the features, smoothness, speed, and the looks of course!!

when I started applying themes at one point the start menu also had this same "effect" that I couldn't resolve until doing a Hard reset (soft didn't fix)
I have had this issue on my hundreds of flashes with many roms and a hard reset fixes it and does not return. This is due to a bad flash which happens from time to time, this I believe is linked to the video driver being corrupted somehow.

Anyone that experiences any oddities, first thing you want to do is hard reset. Usually good practice to after you flash perform a clear storage. Or follow my recommendation on the first page to flash a stock rom then flash mine.

Edit: Ok let me update my post with regards to the online catalog issue. I personally do not use this so I have not seen this before. You are correct there seems to be a problem with this , it may be linked to the theme so I will look further into this. Although your today theme issues are not happening for me or others as I have someone else who tests for me. I can switch between all themes included from Start -> Settings -> Home -> without any problems so if you are still having this issue after hard reset I would suggest to redownload/flash again.

Last edited by Formula84; 02-09-2010 at 07:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

937dytboi is a n00b

rom runs great, drains battery,

I have two gripes.

Would it be at all possible to get a functional flip clock and animated weather on home screen. I guess im spoiled
Old 02-09-2010, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 937dytboi View Post
rom runs great, drains battery,

I have two gripes.

Would it be at all possible to get a functional flip clock and animated weather on home screen. I guess im spoiled
Sorry I admit Sense has great eye candy but lacks functionality for me, the stock MS look is blan that's why I tweak it the way i do but I am afraid that it does not compare to the Animation of Sense.

With regards to the battery comment I have been running without any noticeable battery drain and I use push e-mail. I would recommend you make sure applications are closed when not using them by using the task manager or Arkswitch from the top left taskbar. For anyone that has battery drain I would recommend a full discharge and allow a full charge with the phone off.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

While working on my Titanium Only Generic I noticed on first boot I received a white screen with only the taskbar visable, this is a known thing with JMZ Provisioning sometimes at first boot I have explained and updated the first post with the following for any Generic Flashers.

***Note on Generic this is using JMZ's Provisioning, If for any reason you receive a white screen at first boot and all you see is the taskbar, TAP the left empty area of the taskbar to bring up Arkswitch(Task Manager) and select JMZ Provisioning. This brings it to the front and you can choose you carrier.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

capflyer1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
I have had this issue on my hundreds of flashes with many roms and a hard reset fixes it and does not return. This is due to a bad flash which happens from time to time, this I believe is linked to the video driver being corrupted somehow.

Anyone that experiences any oddities, first thing you want to do is hard reset. Usually good practice to after you flash perform a clear storage. Or follow my recommendation on the first page to flash a stock rom then flash mine.

Edit: Ok let me update my post with regards to the online catalog issue. I personally do not use this so I have not seen this before. You are correct there seems to be a problem with this , it may be linked to the theme so I will look further into this. Although your today theme issues are not happening for me or others as I have someone else who tests for me. I can switch between all themes included from Start -> Settings -> Home -> without any problems so if you are still having this issue after hard reset I would suggest to redownload/flash again.
I tried the theme change again and everything worked until I switched to the DJCedric Colorlightning Theme.. That's when the start menu goes crazy and requires a hardreset to resolve the issue.

In regards to the battery problems people are talking about, everything appears to run great for me and I have normal battery wear; I'd suggest doing the Calibration method that Formula talked about to see if that helps.

Performance is great as well and everything is really smooth and fast. Only thing I can find are these theme issues.

Thanks again and appreciate all the work you put in to this one!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

imsavant is just getting started

I am really loving the rom so far. My battery life seems to be the same as always. With moderate use(maybe 2hours of data and 50-60txt) and pushing 4 accounts I am currently sitting at 59% left.

One thing I tried looking up and couldn't really understand if its possible and if so how was changing the links of the widgets to other programs. For instance linking the alarm panel to galarm instead of spb time and the media player to pocket player instead of windows media player.

The only other issue I have had is memory usage. Its pretty high. Like today streaming a podcast through pocket player and txting then opening a browser window caused palringo and pocket player to force close.

I appreciate any help or advice.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Thumbs down Re: {ROM}{23529/6.5.5}-2/9/10-Formula's SPB MobileSense 3.5.3 [Sprint/Generic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsavant View Post
I am really loving the rom so far. My battery life seems to be the same as always. With moderate use(maybe 2hours of data and 50-60txt) and pushing 4 accounts I am currently sitting at 59% left.

One thing I tried looking up and couldn't really understand if its possible and if so how was changing the links of the widgets to other programs. For instance linking the alarm panel to galarm instead of spb time and the media player to pocket player instead of windows media player.

The only other issue I have had is memory usage. Its pretty high. Like today streaming a podcast through pocket player and txting then opening a browser window caused palringo and pocket player to force close.

Here is that App I was mentioning. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108126

After you have all these apps open check your ram by opening Arkswitch, tap the top left (blank) area of the Taskbar this opens Arkswitch (Taskmanager) on the bottom it displays the available ram. As long as you have at least 5MB free no programs should close. I have seen this before with opera especially even when I have plenty of free ram, there is an app that allows you to make it "Windows Memory Management" excluded. WM 6.5.5 seems to auto close apps (this is why the developer is making this app) it is in early beta and i don't personally use it but you may want to try it out. I will find the link and post it for you to try.

I am afriad with your widget questions there is no way to change the widgets for time or media player. Best I can suggest is to add Shortcut Links to the frequent apps you want. Example if you go to bottom right then edit layout, hit the + and choose shortcut Browse to your App location, then change the link to an invisible link and place over the time clock this will allow you to still see the clock but when you click it opens g-alarm or whatever app you want.

Last edited by Formula84; 02-09-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by capflyer1 View Post
I tried the theme change again and everything worked until I switched to the DJCedric Colorlightning Theme.. That's when the start menu goes crazy and requires a hardreset to resolve the issue.
You know you right this theme was tied to the OEM for the Titanium theme i used and could not strip this from the list. It does cause problems thank you. I will add to the main page.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsavant View Post

Question: How are you "pushing" 4 accounts? As far as I know, Windows live only supports one account and that is the only push available (that or exchange)..so again how are you "pushing" 4 accounts. I would like to know that...

Thanks,

Tp

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
spb mobile shell, spb ms