PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 02:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
alright, so I was screwing around with some of the reg edits I posted a while back for mobile net speed tweaks...
Net speed booster

Locate the following key in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings
On the Edit menu, point to New, click DWORD Value, and then add the following registry values:
Value name: MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
Value data: 32
Base: Decimal
Value Name: MaxConnectionsPerServer
Value data: 16
Exit Registry Editor.
then softreset

Windows Mobile 6.1. I went into with resco registry editior and changed HKLM\Comm\Tcpip\Parms and changed the TimerWheelSize to Value of 5 and soft reset via software reset

the first 2 edits I messed with and 32 and 16 are the exact variables that need to be entered. The last tweak the original value is 11, moved it to 5 as recommended. I did mess with these values and this is what I came up with

Value 5 - speed 350
Value 3 - speed 382
Value 1 - speed 427
Value 0 - speed 400
Value 1 - speed 567

now, being mobile, will vary, but I did get the best results with the value at 1. Can anyone do similar tests to see if my value of 1 is optimal.
I used the same speed test site. changed value, and SR after each change prior to running the test.
I reg edited the first to (from the HKCU with what is recommended) then I changed the value under HCLM. ran an initial test, changed value, SR, ran test again. changed value, SR, ran test. changed value, SR, ran test.
anyone up for helping me with figuring this out?

SR and ran the test again with a value of 1 , speed is 516.129Kbps...still the best I've had

after a few others comment on this, is there anyone with cab skills that can cab up all 3 of these regedits (with the first 2 as-is and the last with a value of 1) into one cab?

A Parms value of 5 is best for me:

11 (default) : 348kbps
1 : only 180-200kbps
5: 500-700kbps

I used the 1MB file download option as 100KB may be inaccurate. I did several tries for each value just to make sure the values are consistent. I didn't try any other; I'll stick with 5 for now. I used the built-in IE browser. If I use Opera Mini, it's 2.5Mbps! Of course, Opera Mini cache the data at their server so that's why the huge speed.

Thanks.

Last edited by ndno; 01-13-2011 at 02:24 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:29 AM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
A Parms value of 5 is best for me:

11 (default) : 348kbps
1 : only 180-200kbps
5: 500-700kbps

I used the 1MB file download option as 100KB may be inaccurate. I did several tries for each value just to make sure the values are consistent. I didn't try any other; I'll stick with 5 for now. I used the built-in IE browser. If I use Opera Mini, it's 2.5Mbps! Of course, Opera Mini cache the data at their server so that's why the huge speed.

Thanks.

which radio are you using, and provisioning. and did you prl and profile update?

moving to 2.35 to test in the Seattle area

Last edited by ffkip911; 01-13-2011 at 03:35 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
alright, so I was screwing around with some of the reg edits I posted a while back for mobile net speed tweaks...
Net speed booster

Locate the following key in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings
On the Edit menu, point to New, click DWORD Value, and then add the following registry values:
Value name: MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
Value data: 32
Value Name: MaxConnectionsPerServer
Value data: 16
Exit Registry Editor.
then softreset

Windows Mobile 6.1. I went into with resco registry editior and changed HKLM\Comm\Tcpip\Parms and changed the TimerWheelSize to Value of 5 and soft reset via software reset

the first 2 edits I messed with and 32 and 16 are the exact variables that need to be entered. The last tweak the original value is 11, moved it to 5 as recommended. I did mess with these values and this is what I came up with

Value 5 - speed 350
Value 3 - speed 382
Value 1 - speed 427
Value 0 - speed 400
Value 1 - speed 567

now, being mobile, will vary, but I did get the best results with the value at 1. Can anyone do similar tests to see if my value of 1 is optimal.
I used the same speed test site. changed value, and SR after each change prior to running the test.
I reg edited the first to (from the HKCU with what is recommended) then I changed the value under HCLM. ran an initial test, changed value, SR, ran test again. changed value, SR, ran test. changed value, SR, ran test.
anyone up for helping me with figuring this out?

SR and ran the test again with a value of 1 , speed is 516.129Kbps...still the best I've had

after a few others comment on this, is there anyone with cab skills that can cab up all 3 of these regedits (with the first 2 as-is and the last with a value of 1) into one cab?
Just started playing with making .cabs ... but try this and let me know if it's correct? (must reset after applying)
Attached Files
File Type: cab ffkip911_Mobile_Net_Speed_Tweak.cab (2.4 KB, 124 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 12 times.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:06 AM

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
Just started playing with making .cabs ... but try this and let me know if it's correct? (must reset after applying)

thanks koZmo, what are the settings you applied?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
thanks koZmo, what are the settings you applied?
Just like you had... 32, 16 and 1

Like playing with this stuff, so if it needs to be changed, just ask. Just starting to play with cooking ROMs too, I'll never be a Vin, but I'll have fun trying ... I hope lol

btw... got 529kbps with these settings with 100KB ... and 1185kbps with the 1MB test (set with 1 timerwheelsize)
and 519 and 746 with it set to 5 instead of 1
switched back to 1 again and got 601 and 1115... 1 is definitely better for me

Last edited by kozmo; 01-13-2011 at 05:50 AM. Reason: test results
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Just like you had... 32, 16 and 1

Like playing with this stuff, so if it needs to be changed, just ask. Just starting to play with cooking ROMs too, I'll never be a Vin, but I'll have fun trying ... I hope lol

btw... got 529kbps with these settings with 100KB ... and 1185kbps with the 1MB test (set with 1 timerwheelsize)
and 519 and 746 with it set to 5 instead of 1
switched back to 1 again and got 601 and 1115... 1 is definitely better for me
thanks bro--you rock!!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:31 AM

vin, try this out and cook it into your next rom if it meets your standard
Old 01-13-2011, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium Sprint
Carrier: INDOSAT & Smart

Incrediboy is a n00b

Hi Vin, nice ROM. I'm using Plutonium bare bone.
Please answer me few questions:
1. How to make the bluetooth "always visible" and not just visible for 60 sec? On other ROM I've tried, alwys have this "always visible" option.
2. The Grid changer app has 4 options.
Does every option has the same RAM consumption? Exactly how much RAm does every option consume?
3. Using SKTOOLS I see that font cache is 32kb. Is this 32kb is cache for EVERY font or this 32kb cache is the SUM of all fonts? If I lower it to 16kb, could I get more RAM? How much RAM could I gain by lower the font cache from 32kb to 16kb?

Thx for ur assistance. I love ur ROM!

Last edited by Incrediboy; 01-13-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Touched Pro 2 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yung18 View Post
Hey. First time vin user and so far I am loving the nsnt rom. A few quirks here nd there but the battery life with ipt is just too good. So what registry tweaks did you use for pic and video texts? Also is there anyone haveing a problem with the screen waking on texts. The ideal situation would be to enable the led to flash when a notification is received instead of the screen turning on. Anyway If anyone has any help I would greatly appreciate it. Also are driver packs recommended or not (neo2007, gfxboost, atomang D3D). Sorry but there are faqs for other roms regarding addons but none for vinrom. TIA.
Sorry it took me so long to get back. I am working nights this week. T_T Anyway...I'm using the imnuts arcsoft cab. I really don't know if that matters or not. I thought I'd say that, though. Go into the registry and go to hkey local machine -->software-->arcsoft-->arcsoft mms ua-->config-->mm1-->wspheader(and wspheader2). Click on those two and change the values of user agent to T7380.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader
User-Agent=T7380

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader2
User-Agent=T7380

That was posted by imnuts in a mightyrom thread. Do a soft reset and try to send yourself a pic or a video. You should see an icon in the taskbar that indicates it's downloading. I hope it works for you!

Yee! This is the first time I've possibly been a help in these forums.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Long Live the TP2!
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

alohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I'll give this a try. Thanks.

If at first you don't succeed,
skydiving isn't for you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development