PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 12:39 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: 11.13.10 Plutonium ROM. All WM 6.5.5 builds available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman846 View Post
By far the smoothest and cleanest looking rom I have ever used =D>

Thank you!
well said, cook of the year goes too......
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

wow vin just flashed 28244...holy crap is it snappy! unfortunately i must bog it down with cht.can't live without it
Old 11-17-2010, 03:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor

OK, flashed 28244 first but forgot to check the free memory after the clean install, anyways, after install some essential programs, free memory down to 58mb, and it caused my igo8 losing TTS. Switched to 23146, 85mb free memory after clean install and igo8 got its voice back.

Another issue actually I'd like to ask for all you guys, has anyone used iphone compatible remote headset with Touch pro 2? I got this Ultimate Ear superfi 5vi (iphone compatible) with a remote button, with iphone the button can play/pause/forward track/answer phone call/hang up, with Touch pro2 I've only got it to work with HTC audio manager (music tab), and only play/pause/answer phone call function is achieved with that button. However, so far I only got this work with stock Sprint rom and the mighty rom, I've tried with Vin's roms, sharkies, sprint lovers rom tonight, which all have the default music palyer, but none of the rom could enable the remote button function on my headphone. I thought it might be the 6.5.x's problem, but tried it on Sharkie;s 6.5 rom too, no go. Do you guys know what might be the reason? It's frustrating for me coz I don't want to waste my fancy headset's remote function, which means I need to stick to mighty rom or stock before somebody figures out the cause of this problem.

**update**: just tried with an incoming call, the remote button can answer the call, but still not working with the music functions. And another issue report, the headset icon stayed there and muted the external speaker one time after I unplugged the earphone, soft-reset did not recover it and I had to hardreset. After that, so far this bug has not shown yet.

Last edited by Procter; 11-17-2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: d
Old 11-17-2010, 03:45 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
OK, flashed 28244 first but forgot to check the free memory after the clean install, anyways, after install some essential programs, free memory down to 58mb, and it caused my igo8 losing TTS. Switched to 23146, 85mb free memory after clean install and igo8 got its voice back.

Another issue actually I'd like to ask for all you guys, has anyone used iphone compatible remote headset with Touch pro 2? I got this Ultimate Ear superfi 5vi (iphone compatible) with a remote button, with iphone the button can play/pause/forward track/answer phone call/hang up, with Touch pro2 I've only got it to work with HTC audio manager (music tab), and only play/pause/answer phone call function is achieved with that button. However, so far I only got this work with stock Sprint rom and the mighty rom, I've tried with Vin's roms, sharkies, sprint lovers rom tonight, which all have the default music palyer, but none of the rom could enable the remote button function on my headphone. I thought it might be the 6.5.x's problem, but tried it on Sharkie;s 6.5 rom too, no go. Do you guys know what might be the reason? It's frustrating for me coz I don't want to waste my fancy headset's remote function, which means I need to stick to mighty rom or stock before somebody figures out the cause of this problem.
lots of swearing in that post, iphony/mighty rom. jk maybe vin will have a idea but i will go on a turd hunt to see what i can uncover.

saomeone asked for oZim cab, thanx cfey

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 02-14-2012 at 12:13 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 Vindows plutonium Rom
Carrier: sprint

cganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

no titanium, no sense with spb mobile shell is rock solid on the 28244.. overall 28244 seems to be very good build
Old 11-17-2010, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
lots of swearing in that post, iphony/mighty rom. jk maybe vin will have a idea but i will go on a turd hunt to see what i can uncover.

saomeone asked for oZim cab, thanx cfey
Thanks for the reply. Also, my initial feeling regarding the available memory on 23146 version is not accureate. After some essential cab installation, the avail memory down to 63-65 mb as well, also disabled my igo8 TTS.

Anyone using igo8 here? My general understanding is that the TTS (Txt to Speak) voice depends on the available memory. Previously I got it work when the system was showing me only 20-30MB avail memory, but now even 60MB would mute it, I just don't get it. Is there a critial point?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Long Live the TP2!
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

alohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Anyone using igo8 here? My general understanding is that the TTS (Txt to Speak) voice depends on the available memory. Previously I got it work when the system was showing me only 20-30MB avail memory, but now even 60MB would mute it, I just don't get it. Is there a critial point?
TTS is not working on my NoSense/NoTitanium ROM (65-75 MB free mem). All the other voices work, but not the TTS type.

I am tempted to flash 23146 just for kicks, but I reckon it may depend on individual setup rather than ROM version...

If at first you don't succeed,
skydiving isn't for you.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

CYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I ran 28244 with CHT2.0 yesterday, and it ran well. This morning, I loaded up 28244 w/o Sense, Titanium, etc., and loaded the trial version of SPB Mobile Shell. All I can say is "WOW"! This is the UI I have been looking for. I tried the Windows 7 theme for it, but uninstalled it, as I really prefer the default SPB Mobile Shell look and feel. This runs really fast on my TP2 as well - it looks like it is a keeper, and SPB will probably be getting some of my money soon. Will see how it works after a few more days. I am sitting at 80% battery and 88.5K free memory after running for ~6.5 hours!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Also, my initial feeling regarding the available memory on 23146 version is not accureate. After some essential cab installation, the avail memory down to 63-65 mb as well, also disabled my igo8 TTS.

I've had intermittent TTS problems with iGo and iGuidance when using Sense on the TP2. My work around for many months has been to switch to Titanium when using any GPS Nav with TTS besides bing. TF3D Titanium Shell Switcher makes the switch fast and easy. That said, I've always appreciated Vin including Titanium in almost all his builds. Thanks so much again Vin. Cheers!

Best to all,
R

*Sprint TP2 with a solid 6.5.x ROM by Vin255764 & Radio 2.32.00WU
Old 11-17-2010, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

CYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just got an email from my boss asking me if I wanted to upgrade my phone. I am on Sprint, and I might be able to swing an Evo or an Epic, but the phones he mentioned were the Sanyo "Zio", the Samsung "Transform" and the LG "Optimus S". I am highly inclined to just keep my TP2, but any of these phones make you guys want to upgrade? If so, why? Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development